(Topic ID: 239778)

I’m only selling to buy the ‘higher’ version of the pin (LOL)

By rai

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Manimal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Is it just me or do you ever look at a FS ad the seller says only selling to buy the 2x cost version of the pin, is as often as not hogwash?

I mean they can say they game is no good, I hate it, or they can say I’m selling this 2 week old pin to buy a higher version of the pin.

I’m not talking about guys who owned the pin for 5 years and selling to get something else I’m talking about guys who own one for a hot minute and want to sell.

I do not mean always the case, I’m sure people do upgrade to the better level pin, but I’m skeptical that all these two week old sales are to buy the better level.

#2 5 years ago

I'm sure it's not everyone, but I've bought a bunch of games from guys who went and did just that.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm sure it's not everyone, but I've bought a bunch of games from guys who went and did just that.

I can relate. I often think to get a Tron LE would be better than my Tron pro and the guy who bought my STLE did own a ST pro. So I’m sure it happens that way.

#4 5 years ago

Outside of rare exception like Beatles etc, what pins have a higher version that cost 2x as much? Stern LE, JJP LE/CE, CGC LE etc do not cost 2x as much as Pro, Standard, Classic etc.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Outside of rare exception like Beatles etc, what pins have a higher version that cost 2x as much? Stern LE, JJP LE/CE, CGC LE etc do not cost 2x as much as Pro, Standard, Classic etc.

I don't think he meant it literally.

#6 5 years ago

Or it's a fun game but just in a larger collection

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Is it just me or do you ever look at a FS ad the seller says only selling to buy the 2x cost version of the pin, is as often as not hogwash?
    I mean they can say they game is no good, I hate it, or they can say I’m selling this 2 week old pin to buy a higher version of the pin.
    I’m not talking about guys who owned the pin for 5 years and selling to get something else I’m talking about guys who own one for a hot minute and want to sell.
    I do not mean always the case, I’m sure people do upgrade to the better level pin, but I’m skeptical that all these two week old sales are to buy the better level.

I was really thinking the same today Lmfao

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

People are selling their Munsters Pro to spend $1600.00 extra to buy the Premium.

#9 5 years ago

I sold my POTC LE in 2 weeks to get a CE, same with my Munsters Pro to get an LE. Does the seller need to offer you proof or would that further fuel the conspiracy? As long as they are offering a fair sale deal what does it really matter Why they are selling unless they used it as a urinal? Why does everyone need to judge others for their decisions.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I sold my POTC LE in 2 weeks to get a CE, same with my Munsters Pro to get an LE. Does the seller need to offer you proof or would that further fuel the conspiracy? As long as they are offering a fair sale deal what does it really matter Why they are selling unless they used it as a urinal? Why does everyone need to judge others for their decisions.

Exactly; and what happens if someone sells a CE/LE/Prem to downgrade to a lesser version? Does that cause a vortex split in the time continuum?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Exactly; and what happens if someone sells a CE/LE/Prem to downgrade to a lesser version? Does that cause a vortex split in the time continuum?

That is Highly forbidden! You are not allowed to take money out of the hobby only put it in! It’s in the pinball handbook. Upgrades only or you will be reported.

#12 5 years ago

I always buy a spare pin to keep around for parts - like a parts car in the yard.

#13 5 years ago

I uh (cough) bought two JJPOTC LEs.

And I very nearly sold both to upgrade to the CE. It’s a thing that happens.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

People are selling their Munsters Pro to spend $1600.00 extra to buy the Premium.

Yes, which is nowhere near 2x the cost of the pro.

#15 5 years ago

I know a lot of people who are operating games who are buying the pro because they can get it immediately, then upgrade to premium and sell pro, and if it is a keeper i've even seen them sell the premium for an LE....not saying I understand it at all, but it definitely happens in my neck of the woods.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I know a lot of people who are operating games who are buying the pro because they can get it immediately, then upgrade to premium and sell pro, and if it is a keeper i've even seen them sell the premium for an LE....not saying I understand it at all, but it definitely happens in my neck of the woods.

It's not just ops. I have quite a few friends who buy the pros and then upgrade if they like the game.

#17 5 years ago

I'm in on a black night swords of Rage for the pro. If I like it I will upgrade to the Premium

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did this just recently. Sold my LE and traded down to premium for an offer that was just too good to pass up. Pretty much ended up with 2 pins for the price of 1.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-only-selling-to-buy-the-higher-version-of-the-pin-lol-?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.