(Topic ID: 77412)

I'm not really complaining.......but wow.

By Astropin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zackphone.jpg
    DSCN2202.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biggestboss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 10 years ago

Yep. Basically zero innovation from stern. I'm not a very creative person but its clearly been stagnant. As an obvious example id love to play machines that were more like an adventure game where you add more coins to continue and the goal is progress rather than points. I want to see the center area that you actually look at having an LCD section surrounded by a typical play field. this has sorta been done but not legitimately and wouldn't change gameplay at all other than opening up sexy possibilities that aren't there on static art.

Then we get to the play field. It's just pop bumpers ramps and flippers. These are great but what are we missing out on? Again, I'm not creative but there have to be other options. Imagine if you could do something like moving the flippers around for example. Something cool like certain shots only being possible if you move the flipper placement to a spot that makes the center drain bigger. Or flippers on the other end of the play field controlled by the CPU or opponent. Flippers that launch the ball upwards or downwards instead of keeping it flat. Or maybe some type of heat seeking missile following your ball around the play field that you have to avoid and therefore can't possibly play a controlled style of play. A lot of these are stupid but thanks for reading I had a fun time thinking of them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider biggestboss.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-not-really-complainingbut-wow?tu=biggestboss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.