Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IM-flap3.jpg
IM-flap3.jpg
IM-flap2.jpg
IM-flap.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm playing around with the idea of creating a window decal for the Monger plate on Iron man. The sticker would stick to the inside of the window so the ball would never wear it down and there would be a spot on the decal that would be transparent (the window) so you could still see the monger. Here is a sample of what I envision. The print will be roughly 100% opaque with a cut out for the window. Transparency were not recommended for the yellow.

These will be $12,50 shipped worldwide. An official FS thread will be started once I iron out the details.

Original
IM-flap.jpgIM-flap.jpg

Revised with bigger and alt window with word danger added.
IM-flap2.jpgIM-flap2.jpg

Revised with 3 part option. You can either keep the "spinner raise monger instructions" or add the second piece of decal with the warnings and replace it. Full description of wording in this decals here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-monger-window-decal-interest-check#post-2576677 or have the option of just having more door without warning signs at the top.

IM-flap3.jpgIM-flap3.jpg

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh I like that one. I don't like fully covering it because I like the lights showing him under the playfield. This one is cool.

Maybe making the size of the window a bit bigger?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

That looks pretty damn cool. For the right price, I'm in.
What I really like though, is that the sticker is on the underside, and won't get worn. Bravo.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my supplier but it would be within the realm of $15 shipped. I'm thinking less but we will see what the supplier says.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes great...I'm in too. If I may suggest as Daveh has said make the window bigger to show more of the monger and the light. Also can you make a version without the instruction text?

I thought about it at first but then decided against it in case someone wants to revert back to the original design then if I remove the instruction sticker there is not way to go back. As well this would be printed on film so you would see light come through everywhere since it would be roughly 80% opaque.

#24 8 years ago

Revised per suggestions. Price point added to original post. Will create another official FS thread once I iron out the design with your suggestions.

Talked to the print rep. Area will now be 100% opaque with 100% clear window.

#27 8 years ago

Didn't know some versions didn't come with that sticker so I'll create the sticker in two parts and extend the sticker

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you having these die cut? If so, is the window going to be cut out or just 'clear' decal with glue?

It will be cut out. No glue.

#42 8 years ago

Ok so took in request about adding an extra flap to replace the "Spinners raise iron monger". The sticker will come in two parts so if you wish to keep the sticker with the instructions you will be able to by peeling only half. If you want both you will just have to stick them side by side.

Wording on second flap reads as follows and is part of the ironman scene at the sector 16 door
Small white sign reads: Restricted area, no admittance without authorization
Black stamp reads: WARNING Radio Frequency Radiation Hazard - If you have a pacemaker or other implanted device... do not go beyond this sign. do not remain within area show by red arrow line for more than 2 minutes in every 20.

You folks can't say I was precise LOL.

IM-flap3.jpgIM-flap3.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Final rough cut out for size. "Like a glove"image.jpgimage.jpg

#49 8 years ago

Will received samples this week from supplier

#62 8 years ago

Receiving proofs today from printer on these. If I ok the proofs they will be for sale end of next week,

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are you selling two versions or one?

I'll be selling version three but it will be cut in 3 segments.
Seg1: Sector 1#6 with clear window
Seg2: The Restricted area with warning
Seg3: Exact duplicate of seg2 but without the warning and restricted messages.

That way people can have the option to either
a) only use the sector 16 segment
b) use the sector 16 and warning segment
c) use the sector 16 and blank segment

d) everyone is happy

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Flash - thanks for doing this.
Can we send money now?

Next wednesday I will start taking payments For sale thread will have all the final specs and the way to perform payments.

#74 8 years ago

It's official folks, all prints approved and sent to the printer. ETA July 31st. Payment instructions to be sent out this upcoming Wednesday.

1 week later
#78 8 years ago

please use the sales thread for further comminucations on this decal.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-monger-decal-sale-available

Quoted from Baiter:

Do you have any pics of the decal in the context of the entire playfield? I can't tell if it will look completely awesome, or out of place.

Posting real pictures tomorrow on that thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-monger-window-decal-interest-check?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.