Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
IM-flap3.jpg
IM-flap3.jpg
IM-flap2.jpg
IM-flap.jpg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I'm playing around with the idea of creating a window decal for the Monger plate on Iron man. The sticker would stick to the inside of the window so the ball would never wear it down and there would be a spot on the decal that would be transparent (the window) so you could still see the monger. Here is a sample of what I envision. The print will be roughly 100% opaque with a cut out for the window. Transparency were not recommended for the yellow.

These will be $12,50 shipped worldwide. An official FS thread will be started once I iron out the details.

Original
IM-flap.jpg

Revised with bigger and alt window with word danger added.
IM-flap2.jpg

Revised with 3 part option. You can either keep the "spinner raise monger instructions" or add the second piece of decal with the warnings and replace it. Full description of wording in this decals here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-monger-window-decal-interest-check#post-2576677 or have the option of just having more door without warning signs at the top.

IM-flap3.jpg

#2 4 years ago

That looks FANTASTIC.. I would be in if I still had my Iron Man for sure..

#3 4 years ago

That's pretty cool.

#4 4 years ago

Looks good.

#5 4 years ago

That looks pretty damn cool. For the right price, I'm in.

What I really like though, is that the sticker is on the underside, and won't get worn. Bravo.

#6 4 years ago

Looks great. I'd take one.

#7 4 years ago

Oh I like that one. I don't like fully covering it because I like the lights showing him under the playfield. This one is cool.

#8 4 years ago

That would be cool - I've had the same idea.

It would be awesome if you could sell the clear plastic piece (the window) as well. They tend to get chipped on the edges from hits when the monger is raising/lowering.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh I like that one. I don't like fully covering it because I like the lights showing him under the playfield. This one is cool.

Maybe making the size of the window a bit bigger?

#10 4 years ago

Yes great...I'm in too. If I may suggest as Daveh has said make the window bigger to show more of the monger and the light. Also can you make a version without the instruction text?

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

That looks pretty damn cool. For the right price, I'm in.
What I really like though, is that the sticker is on the underside, and won't get worn. Bravo.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my supplier but it would be within the realm of $15 shipped. I'm thinking less but we will see what the supplier says.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes great...I'm in too. If I may suggest as Daveh has said make the window bigger to show more of the monger and the light. Also can you make a version without the instruction text?

I thought about it at first but then decided against it in case someone wants to revert back to the original design then if I remove the instruction sticker there is not way to go back. As well this would be printed on film so you would see light come through everywhere since it would be roughly 80% opaque.

#13 4 years ago

Yep, mark me down for one......looks sweet!

#14 4 years ago

Looks good Flash , I'm in

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Maybe making the size of the window a bit bigger?

My only worry with the bigger window is that the text would get cramped too much (or shrunk too far). Would have to draw it up and see, I guess.

#16 4 years ago

I would buy one or two,looks great!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My only worry with the bigger window is that the text would get cramped too much (or shrunk too far). Would have to draw it up and see, I guess.

Maybe..you might have something there.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Maybe..you might have something there.

Also the word "Danger" added to the top of authorized technicians only would
be cool.

#19 4 years ago

I'll buy one just for the cool idea alone. I need to buy me another Monger lid for the future anyway.

#20 4 years ago

I'm curious as to what material you will be able to use for the sticker. One of the challenges I always face with these things (on the inside) is that the adhesive makes them look blurry or milky. I've yet to truly find a clear adhesive for decals

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm curious as to what material you will be able to use for the sticker. One of the challenges I always face with these things (on the inside) is that the adhesive makes them look blurry or milky. I've yet to truly find a clear adhesive for decals

A lot of WMS pins have decals on the bottoms of plastic ramps that look ok -- so it must be possible.

#22 4 years ago

I covered up the Monger lid because I never did like the half decal, half plastic look.

I liked the reveal/wow factor when Iron Monger comes out from below. Plus I dont like that Spinners Raise Monger bs. Id like that covered up to match the rest of the decal and I'm perfectly fine with it going over or under. The Monger lid cover that Brock made has held up awesome after several hundred plays.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A lot of WMS pins have decals on the bottoms of plastic ramps that look ok -- so it must be possible.

Yeah, I know it's possible. I just haven't found a source yet thus why I was asking on what material will be used. Hopefully he'll share what material will be used to make it clear if he's found one. If he hasn't then I've hopefully helped point him to a potential challenge with reverse printed decals (so they can be on the inside).

#24 4 years ago

Revised per suggestions. Price point added to original post. Will create another official FS thread once I iron out the design with your suggestions.

Talked to the print rep. Area will now be 100% opaque with 100% clear window.

#25 4 years ago

Second version looks much better. If I may add a suggestion. Could you have the artwork extend to cover where the "spinners raise iron monger" sticker goes? Looks like if you buy a new lid that sticker doesn't come adhered with it already as some games shipped without it. This would also give people an option to remove theirs if they don't like it. Would be a simple cut for anyone that wanted to keep that sticker present too so you could potentially cover both groups.

If so, I may pick one up. I'm looking after an IM for a while for a friend of mine and he may like this better than what is on there now. If so, I'd get it for him.

#26 4 years ago

Revised per suggestions. Price point added to original post. Will create another official FS thread once I iron out the design with your suggestions.
Talked to the print rep. Area will now be 100% opaque with 100% clear window.

Are you having these die cut? If so, is the window going to be cut out or just 'clear' decal with glue?

Edit: The second revision looks nice. Thinner border on the window helps with not crowding things too much.

#27 4 years ago

Didn't know some versions didn't come with that sticker so I'll create the sticker in two parts and extend the sticker

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you having these die cut? If so, is the window going to be cut out or just 'clear' decal with glue?

It will be cut out. No glue.

#29 4 years ago

Put me down for one. Thanks.

#30 4 years ago

I'd be in for one as well.

#31 4 years ago

I'm in

#32 4 years ago

looks cool, count me in

#33 4 years ago

Yes please and thank you

#34 4 years ago

Wow..the revised one looks great...thanks!

#35 4 years ago

Yes please!

#36 4 years ago

looks great! I'm in!

#38 4 years ago

Count me in.

#39 4 years ago

Count me in as well. Decal number 2 is sweet.

#40 4 years ago

I'm playing around with the idea of creating a window decal for the Monger plate on Iron Man. The sticker would stick to the inside of the window so the ball would never wear it down and there would be a spot on the decal that would be transparent (the window) so you could still see the monger. Here is a sample of what I envision. The print will be roughly 100% opaque with a cut out for the window. Transparency were not recommended for the yellow.
These will be $12,50 shipped worldwide. An official FS thread will be started once I iron out the details.
Original
IM-flap.jpg
Revised with bigger and alt window with word danger added.
IM-flap2.jpg

Nice job. I will take one.

#41 4 years ago

I would buy one.

#42 4 years ago

Ok so took in request about adding an extra flap to replace the "Spinners raise iron monger". The sticker will come in two parts so if you wish to keep the sticker with the instructions you will be able to by peeling only half. If you want both you will just have to stick them side by side.

Wording on second flap reads as follows and is part of the ironman scene at the sector 16 door
Small white sign reads: Restricted area, no admittance without authorization
Black stamp reads: WARNING Radio Frequency Radiation Hazard - If you have a pacemaker or other implanted device... do not go beyond this sign. do not remain within area show by red arrow line for more than 2 minutes in every 20.

You folks can't say I was precise LOL.

IM-flap3.jpg

#43 4 years ago

Looks great. I will take one.

#44 4 years ago

Looks so awesome. I love these missing plastic/decal mods.

#45 4 years ago

Final rough cut out for size. "Like a glove"image.jpg

#47 4 years ago

And boom! I'll take two sets.

#49 4 years ago

Will received samples this week from supplier

#50 4 years ago

Very cool! I may order one in case I ever get an IM!

Nicely done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollister, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside