(Topic ID: 117732)

Im looking for a good tech that wants to come to Hawaii.

By Kahanaohana

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender.jpg
    20150205_135215.jpg
    PuddleJumper-798.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Me and my friend are newbs and we would like a pin tech to come to hawaii. We are looking for someone who knows pins very well and wont have too many problems fixing the machines. We hopefully can learn a thing or too also. The stuff we need fixed is mostly basic stuff, my indy is a little buggy but nothing a good tech cant fix. For now we have ST,IJ,Monopoly,Cftbl,Xm,AFG. As of now only IJ,cftbl,Afg, need work, the other 3 are like new. It would be a vacation, the pin work would be for free but we would pay for the plane ticket, you will have your own guest house. Sight see for the day, fix pins in afternoon. Im just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested. If you know a guy who fits the bill please reply or pm me. thanks, Scotty on kauai.

#6 9 years ago

I have the basic tools, sonic cleaner, tumbler, etc. I think he can throw most any other tools in his check in/carry on bag. If someone is serious we will talk about what we want done and order parts/tools ahead of time.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

..and what if he can't fix it once he gets there?

its all basic stuff, im sure most of you guys can do it. We just dont have the time or person to show us how. If they cant fix some things then so be it, at least some things will be taken care of and they will get to see a beautiful place. (West coast is preferred, cheaper to fly them here)

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Try Kris at Firebird Pinball. http://firebirdpinball.com Maybe he would do it.

thanks, email sent.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Sounds like someone should open up shop in the islands

couldnt make a living, probably less than 10 guys in all the islands with pins. I know me and my friend are the only guys with pins on this island.

#15 9 years ago

thanks guys, i think we found a fellow pinsider that might work out.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which is why I plan to visit you when I'm out there later this year. My wife and I are currently looking at coming out in May/June. If you have anything that needs looking at, I'd be happy to do it for you. I'm not a pro by any means, but have fixed a lot of stuff on my own. I'll at least be able to tell you what you need to do and what parts to get if I can't fix it myself.

let me know before you come out, i have a place to stay and lots of gear you can borrow.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I would be in contact with who is helping you. So you have tools and parts on hand to get the most done that you can.
    LTG : )™

i have the basic tools, they can ship their tools ahead or check in bag, i plan to order what ever parts ahead of time.

#35 9 years ago

any pinsider that comes out gets a ride on the battleship. well go catch a Ono.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I could add Hawaii to the states I do service in. If you end up needing someone in the future, let me know.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

pm sent

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Ask Clay H. if he's up to it again ! I remember an old Pingame journal that he went out and repaired some games .

i got a hold of clay, thanks

#45 9 years ago

thanks guys, I didnt realize how much response I would get for this. The possible deal killer has been the airfare from a lot of these east coast places people have emailed me from. We are still thinking about what route to go and we are open to more techs, hopefully a west coast one? Please pm me if interested.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

One more person to put on your Rolodex, we went there last September and had such a nice time We're going to go again probably in the next 18 months. Could do a drive-by

ok, contact me before you come out, if you need accommodations, my price cant be beat.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

How about 2 People ,, my Pin Tech Jack can Fix practically any Pin from EM to date , We could Shop and I could Pimp Yr Pin's w/ Cointaker's Leds ... But Would need a Lil- Cash too .. Think about it !!
    Ohh what video's i Would Share ,, " Live from Hawaii " !!!!!

» YouTube video

20150205_135215.jpg 184 KB

you guys are making this a tough choice, its coming down to airfare prices.

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

You could always call Clay Harrell again. His article on his trip out there was a fun read.

where can I read that article?

#58 9 years ago

working on the scheduling with someone, pics and video for sure.

Like ive offered before, if any pin techs decide to come to Kauai on their own, look me up. Ill give you a deal you cant refuse for accommodations. www.youtube.com/kahanaohana

3 months later
    #63 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Wish I could make it over there - am going out exploring now to find some pinball since I am here in Honolulu for a wedding

if you find any machines let me know, ive never seen one in the wild ever over there.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

ugh a super gnarly Nascar was there - 16.5 credits on it, 4 balls missing and this Marco part laying inside (all GI out): FullSizeRender.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

where/how did you find that?

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

As far as an EM helper, I have a place in Kauai and go out there every summer for 2 weeks... so if you need EM repair, I could potentially provide that service... SS - not my thing. LMK

ok thanks, if you want to borrow any beach toys when you come out let me know. If you know any ss 101 please show me, i know nothing, thanks.

#72 8 years ago

I know that dump lol. its next a 7-11 if i remember. Ask them if they want to get rid of it cheap for me, im going over there next month and can throw it on barge back to kauai. come to kauai next time.

8 months later
    #75 8 years ago

sending pm

#78 8 years ago

Hey matt call me when you can, we'll get you over here. 651-3736 Scotty

1 month later
    #80 8 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

I'm in Oahu till end of April fly me over and I will rebuild cftbl flippers no prob if you got tools

right now everything is all good, thanks. If you come this way pm me.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's why I'll be there in two weeks. I always like to come when you have nothing to fix. Gives me more time to hang out with you and see the island.

im sure we can break something for you, we need to learn repair 101.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-looking-for-a-good-tech-that-want-to-come-to-hawaii?tu=Kahanaohana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.