(Topic ID: 117732)

Im looking for a good tech that wants to come to Hawaii.

By Kahanaohana

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender.jpg
    20150205_135215.jpg
    PuddleJumper-798.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

You could always call Clay Harrell again. His article on his trip out there was a fun read.

where can I read that article?

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

...its coming down to airfare prices.

When doesn't it?

#53 4 years ago

I'm in Phoenix, which is practically the west coast. Let me know if you haven't picked anybody yet.

Kris

#54 4 years ago

Call me, Ill come out

#55 4 years ago

I'm just posting to keep track of this incredible thread!

If a pinsider gets the opportunity, photos will definitely be expected!

Marcus

#56 4 years ago

Aloha Kahanaohana!

I don't know which end of the soldering iron to hold (but I can spell it correctly), but I'm always looking for a trip to The Islands. As an added bonus, I'm on the west coast--and I have a third cousin who knows Snorkel Bob (sort of). So, I'm ready any time...been missing Brennecke's...

Mahalo and Aloha!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

I'm in Phoenix, which is practically the west coast. Let me know if you haven't picked anybody yet.
    Kris

When I went 12 yeras ago we either flew out of PHX or SLC. I bet PHX has some direct flights.

"Firebird Pinball. Flipping the bird and now hanging ten since..."

#58 4 years ago

working on the scheduling with someone, pics and video for sure.

Like ive offered before, if any pin techs decide to come to Kauai on their own, look me up. Ill give you a deal you cant refuse for accommodations. www.youtube.com/kahanaohana

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

When I went 12 yeras ago we either flew out of PHX or SLC. I bet PHX has some direct flights.
    "Firebird Pinball. Flipping the bird and now hanging ten since..."

It's always easier for us on West to get out there.

#60 4 years ago

wish i was a good tech! never been to Hawaii. tropical pinball does it get any better!

2 months later
    #61 4 years ago

My trip just cancelled.

sorry

1 week later
    #62 4 years ago

Wish I could make it over there - am going out exploring now to find some pinball since I am here in Honolulu for a wedding

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Wish I could make it over there - am going out exploring now to find some pinball since I am here in Honolulu for a wedding

if you find any machines let me know, ive never seen one in the wild ever over there.

#64 4 years ago

I think you should pick BR! He also lays tile!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

if you find any machines let me know, ive never seen one in the wild ever over there.

will do! not hopeful but who knows

#66 4 years ago

ugh a super gnarly NASCAR was there - 16.5 credits on it, 4 balls missing and this Marco part laying inside (all GI out): FullSizeRender.jpg

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

ugh a super gnarly Nascar was there - 16.5 credits on it, 4 balls missing and this Marco part laying inside (all GI out): FullSizeRender.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

where/how did you find that?

#68 4 years ago

As far as an EM helper, I have a place in Kauai and go out there every summer for 2 weeks... so if you need EM repair, I could potentially provide that service... SS - not my thing. LMK

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

As far as an EM helper, I have a place in Kauai and go out there every summer for 2 weeks... so if you need EM repair, I could potentially provide that service... SS - not my thing. LMK

ok thanks, if you want to borrow any beach toys when you come out let me know. If you know any ss 101 please show me, i know nothing, thanks.

#70 4 years ago

Interesting offer, but I'd be afraid of not having the right parts to get the job done :/

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

where/how did you find that?

there's a divey bar I went to last time I was here called The Hideaway and I went back and the first thing I saw was the machine (too bad it's useless!). It's kinda tucked away but I prefer dives to nice places

#72 4 years ago

I know that dump lol. its next a 7-11 if i remember. Ask them if they want to get rid of it cheap for me, im going over there next month and can throw it on barge back to kauai. come to kauai next time.

#73 4 years ago

I will def try and make it over to Kauai next time! Prob not going back there, but I bet they'd get rid of it - it's basically useless as is...

8 months later
    #74 3 years ago

What's up man,
    I just moved to Oahu and I have some pinball repair in my repertoire. I used to operate games at a pizza place on the mainland. Solid State's and DMD's.
    Hit me up if you need any maintenance again. It would be nice to hit up Kauai again and play a couple of games. Or let me know if you come Oahu North Shore. We can hit up the one place with games.
    Aloha,
    -Matt.

#75 3 years ago

sending pm

#76 3 years ago

nice! glad you guys could hopefully meet up. Matt is a solid dude and missed around these parts.

Hoping he does well in HI and then invites me and the wife to come hang for a few weeks

#77 3 years ago

Matt is good people. Knows his stuff.

#78 3 years ago

Hey matt call me when you can, we'll get you over here. 651-3736 Scotty

1 month later
    #79 3 years ago

I'm in Oahu till end of April fly me over and I will rebuild cftbl flippers no prob if you got tools

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from wierdeer:

I'm in Oahu till end of April fly me over and I will rebuild cftbl flippers no prob if you got tools

right now everything is all good, thanks. If you come this way pm me.

#81 3 years ago

That's why I'll be there in two weeks. I always like to come when you have nothing to fix. Gives me more time to hang out with you and see the island.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's why I'll be there in two weeks. I always like to come when you have nothing to fix. Gives me more time to hang out with you and see the island.

im sure we can break something for you, we need to learn repair 101.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

im sure we can break something for you, we need to learn repair 101.

Probably my leg, if those stupid tourists that keep getting airlifted off the Kalalau trail are any indication.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 189.99
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 109.99
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    £ 37.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside