(Topic ID: 117732)

Im looking for a good tech that wants to come to Hawaii.

By Kahanaohana

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender.jpg
    20150205_135215.jpg
    PuddleJumper-798.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Me and my friend are newbs and we would like a pin tech to come to hawaii. We are looking for someone who knows pins very well and wont have too many problems fixing the machines. We hopefully can learn a thing or too also. The stuff we need fixed is mostly basic stuff, my indy is a little buggy but nothing a good tech cant fix. For now we have ST,IJ,Monopoly,Cftbl,Xm,AFG. As of now only IJ,cftbl,Afg, need work, the other 3 are like new. It would be a vacation, the pin work would be for free but we would pay for the plane ticket, you will have your own guest house. Sight see for the day, fix pins in afternoon. Im just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested. If you know a guy who fits the bill please reply or pm me. thanks, Scotty on kauai.

#2 4 years ago

Seems like a pretty good deal to me....wish I was your man. Close....well enough for my own pins....kinda, but not quite there yet.....YET!! Good luck finding someone!

#3 4 years ago

Sounds like a great deal but I just wonder how much equipment he would have to bring cuz he never knows what he'll find. I'll talk to my tech and see what he has to say, he's really good and does board level work but again he has to have his equipment there and if he needs parts well that another can of worms.

#4 4 years ago

..and what if he can't fix it once he gets there?

#5 4 years ago

Sweet proposition! Hope someone takes advantage of this. If it happens you guys gotta make some posts & vlogs about it. Best of luck

#6 4 years ago

I have the basic tools, sonic cleaner, tumbler, etc. I think he can throw most any other tools in his check in/carry on bag. If someone is serious we will talk about what we want done and order parts/tools ahead of time.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

..and what if he can't fix it once he gets there?

its all basic stuff, im sure most of you guys can do it. We just dont have the time or person to show us how. If they cant fix some things then so be it, at least some things will be taken care of and they will get to see a beautiful place. (West coast is preferred, cheaper to fly them here)

#8 4 years ago

Try Kris at Firebird Pinball. http://firebirdpinball.com Maybe he would do it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Try Kris at Firebird Pinball. http://firebirdpinball.com Maybe he would do it.

thanks, email sent.

#10 4 years ago

That sounds like quite a deal for the right person. Wish I knew something about fixing those pins. I sure wouldn't mind getting away from this cold winter weather up here in the northeast.

#11 4 years ago

Sounds like someone should open up shop in the islands

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Sounds like someone should open up shop in the islands

couldnt make a living, probably less than 10 guys in all the islands with pins. I know me and my friend are the only guys with pins on this island.

#13 4 years ago

well...how about opening up a arcade then

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

couldnt make a living, probably less than 10 guys in all the islands with pins. I know me and my friend are the only guys with pins on this island.

Well, except for that guy with the busted Gottlieb Surf Champ.

#15 4 years ago

thanks guys, i think we found a fellow pinsider that might work out.

#16 4 years ago

Dang, let me know if that falls through.

Bringing the right tools isn't the issue, bringing the right parts would be. Also bringing the tools and parts might scare the TSA. Remember Doc Brown fooled the Lybians into thinking he built them a bomb with a box of old pinball parts.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Which is why I plan to visit you when I'm out there later this year. My wife and I are currently looking at coming out in May/June. If you have anything that needs looking at, I'd be happy to do it for you. I'm not a pro by any means, but have fixed a lot of stuff on my own. I'll at least be able to tell you what you need to do and what parts to get if I can't fix it myself.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Dang, let me know if that falls through.
    Bringing the right tools isn't the issue, bringing the right parts would be. Also bringing the tools and parts might scare the TSA. Remember Doc Brown fooled the Lybians into thinking he built them a bomb with a box of old pinball parts.

Boy I know that for a fact, I brought back leds and pop ring leds back from Freeplay Florida in my carry on and the girl at the xray machine looked at her screen for the longest time then flagged it. First they swabbed it for explosives then took everything out and held up the baggie and asked me what they were. When I told them they opened it up and took them all out and examined them one bulb at a time. Boy did I get the evil eye.

#19 4 years ago

Hey I know my shit and I'm young and single - PM sent!

#20 4 years ago

Been out there 3 times (3 weeks at a time) for work.

I hate crowds and tourist traps so I thought Kauai was the perfect place...

The Shrimp Station was my absolute favorite. It has been 4 years since I was there and I can still taste the shrimp tacos...

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which is why I plan to visit you when I'm out there later this year. My wife and I are currently looking at coming out in May/June. If you have anything that needs looking at, I'd be happy to do it for you. I'm not a pro by any means, but have fixed a lot of stuff on my own. I'll at least be able to tell you what you need to do and what parts to get if I can't fix it myself.

let me know before you come out, i have a place to stay and lots of gear you can borrow.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

i have a place to stay and lots of gear you can borrow.

Even a surfboard? Maybe I can make it out for next year's repair party.

#23 4 years ago

Now wouldn't be something, a repair party every year. I wonder how many Pinsiders would make it.

#24 4 years ago

Heck of an offer for someone.

Best I've had so far is a guy wanting to fly me to the Dakotas.

LTG : )™

#25 4 years ago

I would be in contact with who is helping you. So you have tools and parts on hand to get the most done that you can.

#26 4 years ago

My wife and I spent our honeymoon on the North shore Kauai - it was soooo nice - except for the price of milk!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I would be in contact with who is helping you. So you have tools and parts on hand to get the most done that you can.

i have the basic tools, they can ship their tools ahead or check in bag, i plan to order what ever parts ahead of time.

#28 4 years ago

Ask Clay H. if he's up to it again ! I remember an old Pingame journal that he went out and repaired some games .

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from HandsOfStone:

The Shrimp Station was my absolute favorite.

mmmmm, Shrimp Station

#30 4 years ago

Ok, I may be there in May as well, I smell Pinside party.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Heck of an offer for someone.
    Best I've had so far is a guy wanting to fly me to the Dakotas.

I'd fly you to Jersey, and all you'd have to bring is the cheese pump.

#32 4 years ago

You can ship your tools out there priority mail. I actually shipped a lot of my computer stuff about a week before I got on the plane. I then boxed it all back up and stopped at the post office on the way to the airport.

#33 4 years ago

The other cool thing about Kauai is all of the chickens. Take a rooster home with you. There are tens of thousands of them running around everywhere!!!

#34 4 years ago

The feral cats are starting to eat all the chickens...and they're not nearly as entertaining.

Go hang out behind the Wal-Mart if you want to have a pantload of cats gang rape you and steal all your milk money.

#35 4 years ago

any pinsider that comes out gets a ride on the battleship. well go catch a Ono.

#36 4 years ago

I'm tempted

#37 4 years ago

The thing that will be the time killer I'd waiting for necessary parts thst will need to be delivered. I want to visit my friend that moved to Hawaii with his Whirlwind pinball anyway. I'll see where he lives.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

any pinsider that comes out gets a ride on the battleship. well go catch a Ono.
    » YouTube video

I'm totally down with that...and so's my wife. We kayaked the Na Pali coast (not bad for 50!), so this is right up our alley. I'll just have to take my Dramamine...

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Go hang out behind the Wal-Mart if you want to have a pantload of cats gang rape you and steal all your milk money.

#40 4 years ago

I could add Hawaii to the states I do service in. If you end up needing someone in the future, let me know.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I could add Hawaii to the states I do service in. If you end up needing someone in the future, let me know.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

pm sent

#42 4 years ago

Fly me out there and I'll have a look at them for you.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Fly me out there and I'll have a look at them for you.

Just an island hop away. You could probably take a puddle jumper.

PuddleJumper-798.jpg

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Ask Clay H. if he's up to it again ! I remember an old Pingame journal that he went out and repaired some games .

i got a hold of clay, thanks

#45 4 years ago

thanks guys, I didnt realize how much response I would get for this. The possible deal killer has been the airfare from a lot of these east coast places people have emailed me from. We are still thinking about what route to go and we are open to more techs, hopefully a west coast one? Please pm me if interested.

#46 4 years ago

One more person to put on your Rolodex, we went there last September and had such a nice time We're going to go again probably in the next 18 months. Could do a drive-by

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

One more person to put on your Rolodex, we went there last September and had such a nice time We're going to go again probably in the next 18 months. Could do a drive-by

ok, contact me before you come out, if you need accommodations, my price cant be beat.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kahanaohana:

Me and my friend are newbs and we would like a pin tech to come to hawaii. We are looking for someone who knows pins very well and wont have too many problems fixing the machines. We hopefully can learn a thing or too also. The stuff we need fixed is mostly basic stuff, my indy is a little buggy but nothing a good tech cant fix. For now we have ST,IJ,Monopoly,Cftbl,Xm,AFG. As of now only IJ,cftbl,Afg, need work, the other 3 are like new. It would be a vacation, the pin work would be for free but we would pay for the plane ticket, you will have your own guest house. Sight see for the day, fix pins in afternoon. Im just throwing this out there to see if anyone is interested. If you know a guy who fits the bill please reply or pm me. thanks, Scotty on kauai.

You could always call Clay Harrell again. His article on his trip out there was a fun read.

#49 4 years ago

How about 2 People ,, my Pin Tech Jack can Fix practically any Pin from EM to date , We could Shop and I could Pimp Yr Pin's w/ Cointaker's Leds ... But Would need a Lil- Cash too .. Think about it !!

Ohh what video's i Would Share ,, " Live from Hawaii "

20150205_135215.jpg

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

How about 2 People ,, my Pin Tech Jack can Fix practically any Pin from EM to date , We could Shop and I could Pimp Yr Pin's w/ Cointaker's Leds ... But Would need a Lil- Cash too .. Think about it !!
    Ohh what video's i Would Share ,, " Live from Hawaii " !!!!!

» YouTube video

20150205_135215.jpg 184 KB

you guys are making this a tough choice, its coming down to airfare prices.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 64.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 89.99
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.00
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside