(Topic ID: 28161)

I'm in Vegas and stopped by the Pinball Hall of Fame today.

By Astropin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by radrats
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

What a great experience. I was there for three hours playing machine after machine and I think I spent like $17.

I'll have to post back because I'm exhausted after a long day here, but suffice to say I highly recommend stopping by the hall of fame if you're ever in Vegas.

They had a lot of the newer Stern's up and running.....Iron Man, X-Men, Spider man, AC/DC and others.

I'm also in the market to pick up another machine in the $2,000 range but they didn't have all the machines there I was hoping to check out. No JD and JM was not 100% neither was SW. Who Dunnit was fun and BOP looked great but I never got a chance to get on it. No EATPM either.

Had a good time with TW (first time ever playing it).

#2 11 years ago

Play some BBH?

#3 11 years ago

Didn't see BBH.

Definitely a great place for some cheap entertainment. Even played a couple old timers.....they were actually more fun than I thought they would be. Except for KISS I thought that one was pretty lame for the attention it seems to get.

I really wanted to play a JD since it's currently near the top of my want list.

#4 11 years ago

I saw JM and SW when I was there more than a month ago. Must have not been working.

#5 11 years ago

Heading there next week probably Monday or Tuesday (29th/30th) - can't wait to check it out.

#6 11 years ago

I used to go to LV twice a year and didn't even know about the PHOF until a couple of years ago.
    Finally made the visit last year and did the exact same. Two visits while I was there and 3 hrs easy each time. Nothing but fun! A treat to play so many games I would never get to see.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I saw JM and SW when I was there more than a month ago. Must have not been working.

They had them and they were working.......sort of.

The JM had no working glove an the lighting was kind of dark but otherwise played ok. The SW lighting was really dark could barely follow the ball and in certainly needed a full shop job.

Played Cactus Canyon and had a really good time on it......fun game that I will probably never own.....which is another great thing about going there. Playing the mega dollar games for cheap.

#8 11 years ago

PHOF & CP Pinball are the finest establishments in America

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

PHOF & CP Pinball are the finest establishments in America

What is CP Pinball?

Edit: Nm looked it up

#10 11 years ago

Castles n' Coasters isn't half bad either. It was quite a lineup when I was there 6 months ago.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Castles n' Coasters isn't half bad either. It was quite a lineup when I was there 6 months ago.

Didn't they get rid of a lot of pins ?

LTG

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

It was reported on RGP April 28, 2012 that a lot were gone.

Anybody know how many are left ?

LTG

#13 11 years ago

Hmm I was there in June and alot of machines were turned off. I was not impressed with the quality.. But Pinball Circus was great and Orbiter1. That was great to see.

#14 11 years ago

Castles N' Coasters has 14 pins left. I was just there today.

Who Dunnit
    Indiana Jones (Williams)
    Creature From the Black Lagoon
    Addams Family
    Star Wars Episode 1
    Revenge From Mars
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Terminator 3
    Ironman
    Spiderman
    Batman

I obviously can't remember the others...

I'm pretty sure they still have The Getaway and Elvis. One more I am not thinking of...

They GOT RID OF Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, etc. *Sigh*

#15 11 years ago

We were there last week and had a blast. No complaints here.

#16 11 years ago

Anyone seen (in person) the 800 game goldmine of Tim's that they showed on American Restoration recently? I would love to leave Vegas with a project next time I drive out there.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from radrats:

Anyone seen (in person) the 800 game goldmine of Tim's that they showed on American Restoration recently? I would love to leave Vegas with a project next time I drive out there.

I doubt you will get one from him. There is a reason he has 800. They are mostly EM that were on the show.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I doubt you will get one from him. There is a reason he has 800.

Lol. good point.

#19 11 years ago

Anyone Head east & go here? ( been there & its the bomb!!! )>>>http://silverballmuseum.com/

#20 11 years ago

Went to the PHOF a few years ago and loved it. It was one of the best parts of my trip to Vegas. I plan on going back out there in the Spring, next year. Maybe I'll finally get to play AC/DC.

#21 11 years ago

I enjoyed it but weal flippers on some games were a downer.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from radrats:

Years ago before the PHOF he would have "Fun Night" at his pinball "shed" maybe twice a year. Lots of games in long rows to play and stacks of them on the sides and in back waiting for restoration. Pretty cool times. If you buy his "This Old Pinball" tapes, there are some that were filmed at his place - back in the mid to late 90s.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Years ago before the PHOF he would have "Fun Night" at his pinball "shed" maybe twice a year. Lots of games in long rows to play and stacks of them on the sides and in back waiting for restoration. Pretty cool times. If you buy his "This Old Pinball" tapes, there are some that were filmed at his place - back in the mid to late 90s.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-in-vegas-and-stopped-by-the-pinball-hall-of-fame-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.