Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Thanks to plenty of advice and research articles...i bought my first pin.
I was betting that I would have to take a long drive to pickup a pin since I have been monitoring sales but I got lucky. Found The Addams Family about 45 minutes away.
Wife was huffing loudly (but not puffing). I brought it home and we were both on it for at least 4 hours. The seller gave great advice on general maintenance and even gave a great tip which was: rent an appliance dolly if your going to take it to a second floor.

Anyways, I will def be hanging around because I want to read on how to add pinspot lights. The back of that play field is pretty dark.

New pin owner,

RevMex

#2 11 years ago

Welcome. Enjoy your new addiction.

#3 11 years ago

Welcome to the single greatest thing you have ever spent a dollar on.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Welcome to the single greatest thing you have ever spent a dollar on.

Couldn't agree more Atomicboy! Revmex congrats and enjoy the game one of my all time favorites.

#5 11 years ago

Revmex welcome to the forums and the hobby becareful cause they seem to grow like plants around most people houses.

#6 11 years ago

Starting with TAF is a really good start, Enjoy!!

#7 11 years ago

Nice to pin to start the hobby with. Good for you!

#8 11 years ago

I'd love to have that as my first pin...my favourite. Enjoy!

#9 11 years ago

Congrats.
Also great that it seems your wife is cool about pinball. Makes it much more enjoyable.
Have fun playing/cleaning/fixing/learning more about pinball.

Perhaps we will get to see you at one of the Tx pinball shows/expos.
Tx Pinball Festival is in mid March - Dallas area.
The Houston Arcade Pinball Expo is usually in early Nov.
Both have their own websites. One or both also has a Facebook page.

MLV

#10 11 years ago

Congrats, my wife loves TAF as well.

#11 11 years ago

Welcome and enjoy your new game!

#12 11 years ago

Congrats on the TAF pickup, been looking for on myself lately but wasn't able to pass up a WH20 that came up so ill have to wait a bit longer to get one.

#13 11 years ago

Who did you buy it from?

#14 11 years ago

Congratulations , Oh,and sorry there is no cure!

#15 11 years ago

Great Game-My Friends wife wanted to get him one for his 40th Birthday. I purchased it for her at the White Rose Show in October and got to keep it at my house for 6 weeks until his bday. Our whole family had a VERY hard time letting it go...

#16 11 years ago

nice score - best of luck with #1

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Congrats.
Perhaps we will get to see you at one of the Tx pinball shows/expos.
Tx Pinball Festival is in mid March - Dallas area.
The Houston Arcade Pinball Expo is usually in early Nov.
Both have their own websites. One or both also has a Facebook page.
MLV

I'm going to have to look these up. I wouldn't mind checking it out. Can you buy replacement pieces
for your pin at this expo? Is it cheaper than eBay?
It's funny because I've been playing a TAF pin near my home for some time and now that I have one it's like I'm really looking at every bit and detail. You notice a little crack and you want to fix it. It's kinda like having a classic car and your looking at every bit of it.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Great Game-My Friends wife wanted to get him one for his 40th Birthday. I purchased it for her at the White Rose Show in October and got to keep it at my house for 6 weeks until his bday. Our whole family had a VERY hard time letting it go...

I have actually wanted it for about a year and used my 40th birthday as a reason for me to get it. Unfortunately I couldn't act on it fast enough to get one and now I'll be turning 41 next week. I did technically get it on my 40th.

#19 11 years ago

A midlife crisis purchase. Same for me too. Tell the wife it's cheaper than a Porsche and less dangerous than an affair.

You are excited and well should be. But you have barely scratched the surface of the addiction. You will soon be modding your game with figures, lights, a topper, etc. Just when I think there's no room or power for anything else on my LOTR and TSPP, I am proven wrong once again.

You will begin talking in acronyms (HUO, NOS, NIB) that no one else understands.

And most of all, you are very likely to find out that no one ever stops at one.

Definitely try to attend one or both of the TX shows. They are an experience not to be missed.

Enjoy.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

A midlife crisis purchase. Same for me too. Tell the wife it's cheaper than a Porsche and less dangerous than an affair.

More like less dangerous than a Porsche and cheaper than an affair

#21 11 years ago

Just curious about the dolly.I assume the legs need to come off right.I need to move some machines up some stairs soon and would really like to leave the legs attached.Maybe hire four of the worlds strongest midgets.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

Thanks to plenty of advice and research articles...i bought my first pin.
I was betting that I would have to take a long drive to pickup a pin since I have been monitoring sales but I got lucky. Found The Addams Family about 45 minutes away.
Wife was huffing loudly (but not puffing). I brought it home and we were both on it for at least 4 hours. The seller gave great advice on general maintenance and even gave a great tip which was: rent an appliance dolly if your going to take it to a second floor.
Anyways, I will def be hanging around because I want to read on how to add pinspot lights. The back of that play field is pretty dark.
New pin owner,
RevMex

You have given it the proper space it needs on each side right? When you setup the first one, you need about 32" of open space on each side of the machine. If they don't get the proper space, they won't be able to breed/reproduce like they are supposed to.

Kudos on your first purchase. I expect to see a post next week about your 2nd pickup...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

...and cheaper as well...

Welcome aboard! Starting with TAF: could have been much worse...

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from revmex:

I'm going to have to look these up. I wouldn't mind checking it out. Can you buy replacement pieces
for your pin at this expo? Is it cheaper than eBay?

Most definitely! Look over your TAF with a fine tooth comb and make a list of parts that need replacing, parts you'd like to replace, and parts you'd like to add. Yes, these are three different levels of needs. Do some preliminary shopping by visiting the websites of the pin supply companies that'll be at the show to get an idea of what's available and what the prices are. Typically, prices at the shows are a little cheaper, tax is "included", and cash talks! Plus, you get to see firsthand the quality of some of the replacement parts.

Personally, I went to some of these shows(well, the ones out here in California) BEFORE I bought my TZ and TAF and I hate that I have to wait until May to go back to one with the amount of knowledge and list of wants I've got now! But, I went to those shows for pure fun and a bit of research and came away getting exactly what I wanted to get out of them. Now that I know what to expect, I'm bringing a small wad of cash with me for parts next time!

Welcome honored guest!

#25 11 years ago

I bought a TAF about a month ago, can't stop playing it, fantastic game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-in-the-pinball-club-now-just-purchased-my-first-pin-taf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.