Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tripin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

A couple months back I posted about my Ironmonger toy getting stuck, which turned out to be the harness getting tangled with the piece attached to the motor that spins around and raises/lowers the toy. I have repaired my wiring from that mishap and taped all those wires together, but if I try to attach that harness with zip ties to the same place they appeared to be anchored before, it either puts the harness in a position to be snagged again or else impedes the toy from fully lifting onto the playfield. Is there a good way to route the harness to allow the Ironmonger free up and down motion without putting the harness into harms way? If you've got a good setup, I could sure use a pic if it wouldn't be asking too much. Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2 10 years ago

I am not completely familar with this but I want to say the bracket (housing) that mounts to the underside of the playfield has slotted holes for adjustment.

Give that a try.

Chris

#3 10 years ago

Think I got this figured out now. Problem I was having is that the bottom flat edge on the toy that the motor arm was supposed to push against was slipping past the "knob" sticking out from the arm so that the knob was getting into a place it shouldn't be and snagging the harness. I'll need to put a couple shims in there when mounting the housing for the motor assembly so it's angled a little better and doesn't allow that to happen again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-help-needed-on-ironmonger-harness-routing-securing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.