Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pin-tastic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

viking.gif
    image-24.jpg
    GNR_014.JPG
    GNR_013.JPG
    GNR_012.JPG
    GNR_001.JPG
    GNR_027.JPG
    GNR_022.JPG
    GNR_008.JPG
    GNR_007.JPG
    There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I made the call AGAIN ,,, he said Come on .... I Haven't seen it , " If it's Nice " .. Stay Tuned !!!

#2 11 years ago

hope its nice, I love mine. will go nice with ac/dc

#3 11 years ago

Rock on just don't post next week that you are getting a new rolling stones.

Good luck BR hope it is pretty and you can get a good deal.

#4 11 years ago

Good luck!

#5 11 years ago

Good Luck B R

#6 11 years ago

Cool, hope you can pick it up!

#7 11 years ago

Get it B_R even if it is in decent shape....Your gonna like it!

#8 11 years ago

good luck bro.....hope its nice and you get it!

#9 11 years ago

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I have a spot next to mine for my ac/dc premium(can't wait).

#10 11 years ago

Good luck get it please so I can buy from you later!

#11 11 years ago

160 mile Rd Trip ,( Not bad ) He wanted to Buy my Slot Machine so i was Gonna use it as a Partial Trade for GNR ,, The Pin lOOked Good , Not Drilled , was a Re-import from Spain ,
    has been converted . The Cab lOOk's Ok , The Translite is Flawless , but when I Powered the pin on the ball ejector Struck and would Stay Powered on until the Coin Door was opened , Kill-n the 12v .. He said 2 transistor's were bad on the Board due to a coil or something that hasn't been determined Yet. He's an Electronics Guy so it Shouldn't take him long to Figure it out . Also the DMD worked Fine but has Alot of Burn . I Passed for the Tyme Being..

Why !!

The Good ,, He has a New Magnet board , he has a New Green Ramp , He's Gonna Fix All the Issue's and Install a New DMD and also put a Cliffy at the Kick-out Hole..

I told him JUST to get it Work-n 100% and add the New DMD , Green Ramp & Cliffy and We Agreed on a Price . We brought GNR from his Storage Unit to his Shop , It's in His Way now , so I told him the Quicker he Get's it Done , the Quicker I Pay him For it and it's Out'a His way.. He Agreed on that ..

The Trip wasn't a Dud , he did Buy my Slot Machine .... Here's a Few Pict's !!!

GNR_007.JPGGNR_007.JPG GNR_008.JPGGNR_008.JPG GNR_022.JPGGNR_022.JPG GNR_027.JPGGNR_027.JPG GNR_001.JPGGNR_001.JPG

#12 11 years ago

talk about a kick ass lineup when you get that pin as well bro!!! What am I talking about!?!?!?! You ALREADY have a kick ass lineup.....I would never leave your garage!!!!

#14 11 years ago

talk about a kick ass lineup when you get that pin as well bro!!! What am I talking about!?!?!?! You ALREADY have a kick ass lineup.....I would never leave your garage!!!!

Thanxx Pac ,, lOOk at the Pict's of the P/F .. Notice the insert at the Left ramp and the Kick-out . The Kick out hole has been Putty'd before , Will a Cliffy hide this ? . Also the 2nd Plastic is Miss-n above the hole

Opinion's Please !!

I did buy 4 Cool Feet from him to Put on 1 of my Pin's .. Will make a Pin Slide Good on concrete .

GNR_014.JPGGNR_014.JPG // Error: Image 29190 not found // // Error: Image 29191 not found // // Error: Image 29192 not found //

#15 11 years ago

The cliffy may not even fit in the lockout hole with the putty. It may need to be squared off with some sandpaper.

#16 11 years ago

That Axl hole is in sorry shape....The insert on the "G" ramp is pretty beat too. Not sure what price you got but there seems to be a lot of work needed for that PF. Looks like your gonna need a new scoop too.

#17 11 years ago

That's what I figured , The Owner is No Virgin to Pinball , he has 12 in his Shop .. I'm Positive he Will make it 100% !! I told him to get it Going and Make sy=ure those 3 Under P/F magnet's are Work-n Good , like they do on TAF ...

#18 11 years ago

Looking at it again it has water damage. I would give him 1200 tops.

#19 11 years ago

Where the Hell is Water Damage !!!!!!!!!!!! The inside of the cab has No sign of W. Damage or Anywhere that I saw...

#20 11 years ago

I will try and get some pictures in the next couple of days of the Cliffy I installed over my kickout which will give you a good idea if it will completely cover the putty.
    Also, if he installs a new "G" ramp make sure you get both Cliffy protectors for the entrance of the ramp and Cliff also makes a protector to save the ramp from cracking at the snake pit hole on the ramp.
    Let me know if you want pictures of these also.

#21 11 years ago

Sorry B_R I think you should pass on this one.....In the 1st pics it has some kinda metal piece where the "Duff" captive ball should be. This one looks to be beat to hell. Not worth it unless your getting it for around 1k & want to take on a major restore.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

I will try and get some pictures in the next couple of days of the Cliffy I installed over my kickout which will give you a good idea if it will completely cover the putty.
    Also, if he installs a new "G" ramp make sure you get both Cliffy protectors for the entrance of the ramp and Cliff also makes a protector to save the ramp from cracking at the snake pit hole on the ramp.
    Let me know if you want pictures of these also.

Any Pict's Will be Helpful !!! Thanxx loren..

#23 11 years ago

This is what that area should look like.

image-24.jpgimage-24.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Gotcha ,,,,, Ok !! Some DumbAzz put Star Post's there and has the captive area Blocked off. Dam !!

I'll send him Some Pict's , he Pulled up IPDB while I was there , we were lOOk-n to see what the Lost Plastic looked like that was miss-n above the Scoop .. Kinda Glad I didn't Buy it,, I almost Did , As is Price !! This All can be Fixed , and the Hole puttied where the Piece of metal is ..

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Any Pict's Will be Helpful !!! Thanxx loren..

Here you go- https://picasaweb.google.com/114677989241940608218/GNR?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Full teardown gallery of a GNR I did not too long ago (including photo of cliffy on the scoop). Feel free to post questions. The one you are looking at is ROUGH. It can be reworked, but it is going to take some time and PF skills. Good Luck!

#26 11 years ago

That's the roughest GnR I've seen.

It's a challenge worth taking.... assuming you've got skills beyond a spit polisher, that is.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

What- Ever Dude ,,,, I got something you can Spit Polish !!!!!!

If you took offense to what I said, maybe it's time you stepped up your game to something more than wiping dirt off a pinball machine, and putting LEDs in it.

Attachments viking.gif (11.1 KB, 0 downloads) 5 minutes old

Man WTF? this aint RGP.... why does it have to go from a productive thread trying to help someone out to shit talking.

#31 11 years ago

Might want to have a look under the star posts to see that they didn't mark up the playfield, as they'll need to be replaced with original/slimmer posts. New G-Ramp is not cheap, hopefully the "mod" didn't do any damage to the Jackpot insert. Should be able to get a cliffy in the scoop with some sanding. You'll want to de-rust the ramp flaps. $200 and many hours of effort should bring some improvement.

smassa: Where did that pic come from? Nice looking game.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

smassa: Where did that pic come from? Nice looking game.

IPDB

#33 11 years ago

All I can say Now , Is when he's Finished , and I Just Sent the Owner a Link to Yr Shop Pict's Ralph
    ( Great Work by the Way ) He did tell me B-4 I left , When I come back to Look at GNR and Play it, I Don't have to Buy it.. It's NOT a Show Piece by No mean's , But the Price is Right !!

And Thanxx for the PM's say-n Ya'll see No Water damage !!! I didn't Either ....

#34 11 years ago

Looking at that playfield pic there are incorrect posts all over the place. Also some kind of weird 1-way gate above the left outlane. Kinda looks like a game that would launch the ball across the playfield to the left out of the ball shooter. GnR shouldnt have this. have any close up pics of this area of the Playfield?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Get off my Thread you Moron.. Go back and look at my HS2 and DM etc Thread's for Shop Pict's.
    Get Lost .. Yr Still Steamed about the Marco scene , huh ,, Want a Tissue... F-Off !!

Pressed that button did I?

Anyways...

A Cliffy will cover that damage easily, you'll just have to fix the A-hole (ask Borg why he called it that, a little GnR backstory from the development). PC lumber or Quickwood will get it 100%.

The big downer, is if there's wear outside of the axl hole on the main playfield. Got a pic of the middle playfield?

P.S.

I just looked back on your Getaway and DM jobs (as you asked). You started with decent examples that didn't need much more than a cleaning. Why don't you challenge yourself and try a refurb on something that needs more than a basic cleaning? This GnR would be a perfect chance to do so.

A couple transistors locked on? Perfect. Break out the soldering gun. Hole damage? Fix it, add a cliffy. Fixing pins is as much fun as playing them.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Pressed that button did I?

What do you think ??

These are All the Pict's that I took ... Besides a Few Unnecessary Holes in the P/F , I think this GNR can be Salvaged ...

Ok !! He's Gonna Fix it where it Will Play 100% .. he's Gonna Install a New Green Ramp , Now that he has Ralph's Shop Pict's ,, Pict- # 90 will show him about the Captive ball area..
    That Will be Fixed , A Cliffy at the Scoop ,, A New DMD added ,, Etc... What's this GNR Worth ? And Be 4-Real...

Because I'm Still Consider-n Buy-n It !!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Firebaall said:Pressed that button did I?

What do you think ??
    These are All the Pict's that I took ... Besides a Few Unnecessary Holes in the P/F , I think this GNR can be Salvaged ...
    Ok !! He's Gonna Fix it where it Will Play 100% .. he's Gonna Install a New Green Ramp , Now that he has Ralph's Shop Pict's ,, Pict- # 90 will show him about the Captive ball area..
    That Will be Fixed , A New DMD added ,, Etc... What's this GNR Worth ? And Be 4-Real...
    Because I'm Still Consider-n Buy-n It !!

What does Shane think about it?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What's this GNR Worth ? And Be 4-Real...

Because I'm Still Consider-n Buy-n It

Really depends on final condition and the guy's skillset. For perspective, the one I linked I bought for 1750 in December, put about 250 in parts in it, did the complete teardown, touched up the minor wear spot above the N in the center of the playfield, touched up the tattoo on Slash, and spot cleared, buffed, waxed the center of the PF for it to blend perfect. I sold it for $2900 and had 10 legit buyers at $2900.....

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

What does Shane think about it?

He hasn't seen this Thread yet, I suppose !!

Quoted from Baiter:

New G-Ramp is not cheap,

The Owner has a New G-ramp , It's included and Will be installed !! That's a plus.. I just want him to Fix the Electrical Issues ( Not my Department ) etc... and have it Play-n as it Should . Me & S,tastic Will Tear it down and Make t Right ..

#40 11 years ago

I wouldnt pay over 2k for it. Still kinda concerned about the shooter lane area. Good luck whatever you decide.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

What's this GNR Worth ? And Be 4-Real.

If the guy fixes the problems aside from the cosmetics, 2K - 2.5K. Only becuase it's worth twice that if you take the time to fix the rest. If the guy doesn't know the current value of a GnR, you'll get it for 1K for the condition it's in.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Really depends on final condition and the guy's skillset. For perspective, the one I linked I bought for 1750 in December, put about 250 in parts in it, did the complete teardown, touched up the minor wear spot above the N in the center of the playfield, touched up the tattoo on Slash, and spot cleared, buffed, waxed the center of the PF for it to blend perfect. I sold it for $2900 and had 10 legit buyers at $2900.....

Sound's Good Ralph .. When i get the call to go back and lOOk at it, I Will Rem- All of this info- you guy's Just typed and Showed me .

#43 11 years ago

Lots of work to be done. I wonder what other hacks are hiding in the backbox.

#44 11 years ago

I put this figure on top of a pop bumper and upgrade the speakers.

ebay.com link: Slash Series 1 Nightmare Inc Action Figure 2009 MIP

#45 11 years ago

I would proceed with the assumption that it would be a $4,000 game all fixed up, at best if you are concerned about being too much into it. Then work backwards on what the costs will be to completely strip & touch up, repair and then clear the playfield. Deduct parts, etc and that is what it is worth. My guess is around $1600 max for the machine. I would personally find a nicer example, maybe because I don't have that much patience (pun intended).

A guy on rgp started with a rougher example, all the way around, at $1400 a few years ago, and he ended up buying an NOS playfield out of Europe. Hopefully the cabinet on this one is not as bad as the playfield looks.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

4-5K once repaired?

Fixed up, yes.

You haven't been following the selling point of GnR for the past 6 months if you say otherwise. If I had that machine, it would be sold for 4K plus without question (once I was done), and several people in the line to take it.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

You haven't been following the selling point of GnR IN CANADA for the past 6 months if you say otherwise

Fixed it for ya... Pricing is definitely regional. Dave and I must be lucky to live in WI, as our pricing seems far different than a lot of the numbers being thrown around in these threads. Our pricing is actually very close to what historical Ebay pricing is.

Like I mentioned, the GNR I posted I recently refurbed was probably nicer than 85% of them out there, it was CUO (Cottage Use Only, LOL) and it was in amazing shape other than the minor kickout wear. I had 10 buyers at 2900, and had a couple of offers at $3100 (which I did not honor as I set the asking price). I price games to move them out of my house without any bartering down, so if I left a couple of hundred on the table, that was okay, my time is worth more than that when you have to deal with the tire kickers...

#48 11 years ago

ebay.com link: GUNS N ROSES DATA EAST PINBALL MACHINE Las Vegas NV

Not sure if the seller of this one is a member here but to assume a GnR will sell for 5k especially one that has an many issues as this one may be a bit of a stretch. This one on ebay didnt sell the 1st time around and it is in very nice condition.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

davewth said:4-5K once repaired?
    Fixed up, yes.
    You haven't been following the selling point of GnR for the past 6 months if you say otherwise. If I had that machine, it would be sold for 4K plus without question (once I was done), and several people in the line to take it.

Boston pinball says $3300 over the last 6 months. You must have some serious skills to make a sows ear like that into a machine sell for 20-50% more. Are we doing canadian pricing or North cackalacky pricing?

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Fixed it for ya... Pricing is definitely regional. Dave and I must be lucky to live in WI, as our pricing seems far different than a lot of the numbers being thrown around in these threads. Our pricing is actually very close to what historical Ebay pricing is.

Like I mentioned, the GNR I posted I recently refurbed was probably nicer than 85% of them out there, it was CUO (Cottage Use Only, LOL) and it was in amazing shape other than the minor kickout wear. I had 10 buyers at 2900, and had a couple of offers at $3100 (which I did not honor as I set the asking price). I price games to move them out of my house without any bartering down, so if I left a couple of hundred on the table, that was okay, my time is worth more than that when you have to deal with the tire kickers...

Move next door to me. I'd love to have a source of pins 1K below market value. It's no secret that the CND market is about 20% higher than US "market" prices. However, it doesn't change the fact that your GnR was sold below the current price it commands.

Quoted from davewtf:

Boston pinball says $3300 over the last 6 months. You must have some serious skills to make a sows ear like that into a machine sell for 20-50% more. Are we doing canadian pricing or North cackalacky pricing?

First of all, I do have the skills to take a broken down machine and turn it around into a fair market value.

Second of all, you might want to check the sales that are more current. 6.9K and 4.4K (both being purchased via "buy it now") being the last two that sold, out of your last 6 month average. But then again...what do I know with my "cakalacky" pricing...

ebay.com link: GUNS N ROSES PINBALL MACHINE SUPERB WIDE BODY GAME 199 SHIPPING

ebay.com link: GUNS N ROSES PINBALL MACHINE BY DATA EAST W LEDS METAL MUSIC BY AXL SLASH

Not convinced yet? Ok. We can try and argue that AFM is still @ 4.2K, if you'd like. Your argument will hold as much water... In fact, your dear BP shows the 6 month average for AFM @ 4K. Sign me up for a few of those.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-headed-to-look-gnr-b_r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.