Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

league avg (resized).JPG
    league avg 2 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg
    ddb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago

Most of us decent pinball players should feel sorry for those expert players who are so good that they get bored with any game that doesn't have deep enough rules to hold their interest. It's sad they can't enjoy games that I consider some of the best ever made, like Monster Bash and Scared Stiff and Creature from the Black Lagoon.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I don't understand how pinball collectors aren't getting better at pinball through pure exposure.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Let them have their thread.

You get better at anything through regular practice. I was never in more than one bowling league at a time (strictly with friends or coworkers) and averaged 181.5 in the third and final league I was in years ago. My buddy and I used to play foosball in some local bars several nights a week and after a while won a couple local tournaments. I've gotten better by playing for years and consider myself a decent pinball player. These days I play outside with my two German shepherds more than I play pinball by myself indoors. I'm good enough to enjoy trying for Lost in the Zone and Rule the Universe when I play but not good enough to make it every time. But I never want to be so good at pinball that playing Monster Bash or Big Bang Bar bores me.

I will say that bowling and pinball are different from foosball in one major way. In bowling and pinball I try to score my best. If I have a great game but my buddy has an even better game it doesn't bother me a bit. In foosball you're not going for a high score, you just play to beat the other team.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-glad-im-not-a-good-pinball-player?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.