Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RTS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

league avg (resized).JPG
    league avg 2 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg
    ddb (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

BUT I AM CONFUSED! I don't think I can think of one thing in life that I would enjoy more if I was worse at it. I would find no joy in clanking every shot I took in basketball or by gutter balling everything in bowling. I genuinely want to know what's going on here.

Go to you tube and watch Hook being played at papa. BOOOOOOORING!

Yay! A good player can bash a ramp consistently and play like a robot, how special. There is not much, if any fun in that (hell the video is boring to watch). Get a regular or poor player on that game and it is a blast! Instead of going for just the safe shots worth the most points, one gets to have more fun just experiencing the game. I can see where there is a bit of a rush for a normal player actually hitting the ramp to just barely get the 3 million shot. Same for, say Cyclone, the spook house is a risky shot, good players will likely skip it. But it is more fun to get the wheel spinning on the back glass. Hopefully that illustrates the point.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, stop.....no one plays Hook ever.

I've enjoyed the Hook much more than that damn GB Prem that was shown the door last month. Lotr you are kind of illustrating my point. I don't think fair/sucky players care as much about a good/great game with perfectly balanced rules, much less tournement play. If you are good/excellent at pinball, weak/poor games will be quickly exposed, exploited and boring to play. An average Joe won't notice and just enjoy the game. Hence being happy with not being a good player.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Swainer80.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-glad-im-not-a-good-pinball-player?tu=Swainer80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.