(Topic ID: 68802)

I'm done buying used or any pins for that matter!

By yuriijos

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mickthepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC09137.JPG
beanie.babies-Copy.gif
2554082[1].jpg
kid_crying.jpg
cry.jpeg
image-709.jpg
image.jpg
totaled-pinbot.jpg
image-161.jpg
It_is_alive!.jpg
image-565.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-334.jpg
scary.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 6 years ago

I remember when I had 4 machines. Goodness, it was insane. JP was my rock, the other three would constantly break it seemed. I would fix something on JM, and then boom TFTC went down. Fix TFTC, XF would go down. XF would go down, both JM AND TFTC went down. It was very discouraging. Took me months to get it to where I could just play any of the 4 machines without something going bad. And it wasn't all just about electronics acting up. Like one issue was when the ball went to the "toilet bowl" for the TREX to eat in JP - sometimes it would swing in so hard that the ball popped out, and that came down to re-angling the machine or installing rubber stoppers on the metal posts in that area to soften the momentum the ball went into that area with.

Pinball machines have a underlying "high price, high stress" factor going in. You drop $5000+ on a machine and "buy someone else's problems" - that junk sucks. The real bummer is how just moving the machines seem to bring up problems that were nonexistent before they were moved. Then again, they have - what - over 2500 parts and literal miles of wiring, so it's unfortunately part of the territory.

OP and whoever else is in this boat - please don't be discouraged. Pins really are a true test of your patience and capabilities of being able to rise against some frustrating odds. I widdled my collection down to TFTC, and I have been happy for just about a year. Then again, I play TFTC maybe 1-2 times a month, plus however much my wife plays. Join a club, get together with some pinheads - describe the problems you're having. I was very fortunate to be part of the Cincinnati pinball group, and man, did that save my bacon and my sanity a couple times.

Classic cars and pinball machines: two very fun hobbies when things work, but two very dangerous hobbies when they don't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside