(Topic ID: 68802)

I'm done buying used or any pins for that matter!

By yuriijos

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mickthepin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC09137.JPG
beanie.babies-Copy.gif
2554082[1].jpg
kid_crying.jpg
cry.jpeg
image-709.jpg
image.jpg
totaled-pinbot.jpg
image-161.jpg
It_is_alive!.jpg
image-565.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-334.jpg
scary.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 6 years ago

We are local to Denver As well.

Lets Start by, What are they doing?

Lots of Pinheads here, or if you want we can send a Tech or you can bring em in. Or if you want to come down for some free advice come see me.

Hell if you are really frustrated PM me and I will come by on my own time for a few next week and will see how screwed up the games are. I'm not the best tech but I can normally Diagnose.

But in all fairness, Pinballs do require a lot of work, depending on where you bough them they may not be well repaired in the first place and maybe needing some serous technical love. You did buy two games that are well known for needing quite a bit of work FYI JD and JP

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

Agreed, its an unwritten rule that if your purchasing used pins, to expect them to require a lot of routine maintenance once you get them to that point. You have to remember that the seller is probably the 5 or 6th guy to own the pin so you really have no history on any repairs to the game.
Also I am guessing, that the OP purchased these games from BarryWnj as there is an early post. So good chance these games are re-imports with plenty of hack jobs on them.

I'm Betting they came from Wolfman.... being hes from Colorado. We Even quit buying from him, High Prices for plain crap.

1 week later
#125 6 years ago

Getaway He was able to fix on his own with some help of someone else who has one over the phone.

The JP I came over last night and we worked on it together. Someone had wired a Credit Button into the front of the cab, with a on off switch. The Credit button on the front had no Diode an was on the same line as the Trex outhole, Slam Tilt and so on.

We removed the Credit Button and it seams to have fixed the problem. Took about 40 Min of checking and re checking everything before we found it.

The look on his kids face when his favorite game was back up and running was totally worth it!

JJ

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside