You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-795.jpg
image.jpg
20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg
shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

After Jack's post about no warranty coverage for 2nd owners even if still NIB? Think not.

I did call him a couple weeks ago and he told me to "hang in just a little longer...April/may (ish)" Now i find out that July 2011 orders are being told the same thing, "April/may (ish)" when mine is a 2012 (one of the very last) and have not heard of any quanity of games moving out in the meantime, (about 15 LE's if that, since December) so I am calling BS on the April/May thing for mine. At least whoever ends up with this one will be getting one of the last 30 to roll off the line and should have all the "fixes and updates" in it. I wish JJP the best and really hope they get their $hit together soon, as I think they have great potential, but the current situation just plain sucks.

It's hard for me to believe the warranty isn't transferrable. Shocking.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You forgot the fact that while these people are waiting 3 years and more that the regulars are available to be purchased and picked up today. That's a big part of it. If I order first and get my game last, I'm pissed.

And lets add the fact that people are waiting for "limited edition" machines that are no longer limited With the announcement of JJP's plan to make 1500 75th anniversary LE's, you can even cash in your current LE slot and "upgrade" to the Ruby Red LE in the future!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

1500 red ones???? I don't see that happening. The regs are gonna flood the hobbiest market before the 1000 le's are shipped.

No kidding, but JJP's marketing flyer spells it out…

https://papa.org/2013/11/12/75th-anniversary-limited-edition-wizard-of-oz/

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can you get a refund?

I got a refund one year ago…was painless. Jack had a check in the mail the next day. With new JJP investors, it will be interesting to see if refunds continue to be painless.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

One more important thing was the missed opportunity cost.
Some guys sold games that went up in value to fund WOZ.
Others missed some excellent opportunities on other games:
IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec., 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Hey Neil, that's stretching it, but I admire your creativity

Post edited by moderator: yesr edited in quote to 11 from 12

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

It's not Steve--that's actually my story; looks like I'll have to back up the generalization with supporting facts:
I cancelled my ECLE in December 2012 and bought an HUO TRON LE from Curly's retail inventory with 30 games on clock for $5,850--surprisingly, that's where the TRON LE market was at that time.
Dumb luck: if I would have tried to approach it as an investment I would have ended up with a Boat Anchor.

WOW…great story! TRON LE for ~6k! Nice.

I can see your point, but if you "zoom out" and look at all purchases this way, life can get depressing. For example, "what if I invested in <x> stock rather than buy <y> pinball".

Since this is just pinball for pinball, I guess I understand your point (and why it worked out for you)…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.