You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-795.jpg
image.jpg
20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg
shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I think that might be missing the point. It isn't about how great the game is. It's about the process.
It's like when you go into a new restaurant and there is a wait. The hostess tells you it's going to be 30 minutes. And it turns out to be 2 hours. If she had told you 2 hours 2 hours ago, you'd have walked out. Sure, you've heard the food is great, but now you are pissed, too tired and cranky to eat somewhere else, so you go home and have a PBJ. Or a System 11 or three in Zippy's case.
How many preorder people would have said "nope" if Jack came out and said "The games will be delivered in three years from the time you place your order" ?
On top of all of the delays and excuses and broken promises over the past years, this latest "all the LE's are going to be done in 90-days 'ish' " is quickly turning out to be another "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...or like the hostess in the restaurant. It's "tell them whatever it takes to get them off your back for a minute". People will put up with a lot if you are just honest with them. But if you're not, they won't.
And then, there is the whole new red LE announcement....

Quoted from markmon:

You forgot the fact that while these people are waiting 3 years and more that the regulars are available to be purchased and picked up today. That's a big part of it. If I order first and get my game last, I'm pissed.

One more thing was the missed opportunity cost of the inaccurate completion estimates.

Some guys sold games that went up in value to fund WOZ.

Others missed some excellent opportunities on other games:

IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec. 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Post edited by moderator: edited year from 12 to 11

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

One more thing was the missed opportunity cost of the inaccurate completion estimates.

Some guys sold games that went up in value to fund WOZ.

Others missed some excellent opportunities on other games:

IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec. 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Neil, that's stretching it, but I admire your creativity

It's not Steve--that's actually my story; looks like I'll have to back up the generalization with supporting facts:

I cancelled my ECLE in December 2011 and bought an HUO TRON LE from Curly's retail inventory with 30 games on clock for $5,850--surprisingly, that's where the TRON LE market was at that time.

Dumb luck: if I would have tried to approach it as an investment I would have ended up with a Boat Anchor.

Post edited by moderator: edited year on request

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale?tu=nm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.