Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by absocountry2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-795.jpg
image.jpg
20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg
shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

After 30 months of waiting I also sold my pre-order (Jan 30, 2011 order date) because I just couldn't stand the "one more month" to ship my game mentality. Hell, I don't even know if the buyer got it, lol, never heard from him.

dido for me, Thanks but no thanks Jack....

#102 5 years ago

How is Jack in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation? All he has to do is to do what he is supposed to do and do what he was paid to do: build the games and ship them on schedule. Period. If he does that, we're happy crickets out here.

If he had done FIFO, and built the 1000 games that were paid for first, we'd be happy crickets out here. When's the last time you heard anyone whining about not getting a regular WOZ? (Never). It's only the good customers who trusted him and financed his business that are whining. In actuality, he used money from prepaid WOZECLE's to build regular WOZ's to sell.

BTW, as a reference point, it took 400 days to take the Empire State building from an empty lot to 102 stories and open for business. In 1930.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We all know the truth is nobody is building a game as sweet as JJP

Is that because they are aged like a fine wine for years before delivery ?

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

How is Jack in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation? All he has to do is to do what he is supposed to do and do what he was paid to do: build the games and ship them on schedule. Period. If he does that, we're happy crickets out here.
If he had done FIFO, and built the 1000 games that were paid for first, we'd be happy crickets out here. When's the last time you heard anyone whining about not getting a regular WOZ? (Never). It's only the good customers who trusted him and financed his business that are whining. In actuality, he used money from prepaid WOZECLE's to build regular WOZ's to sell.
BTW, as a reference point, it took 400 days to take the Empire State building from an empty lot to 102 stories and open for business. In 1930.

did you mean to quote me joe? i couldn't agree with you more...

#105 5 years ago

So, I was very close to buying a Tron LE, but had a personal issue develop that has prevented me from pulling the trigger. I really wanted the game and everyone I talked to about it was very helpful. Just not easy when you need other capital free'd up fast to drop 11K on a pin. I'm sure you guys understand.

I think we can all agree that Tron LE is Stern's most exciting pin in a while. I'm just saying, Stern's formula works, but it's not pushing the envelope as much as JJP.

I get people are unhappy, but why bitch about it over and over again. That's all I am saying.

#106 5 years ago

Kaneda's next post- So I'm in the market for a Pinball Circus. Can anyone tell me where I can locate one and what you guys think of gameplay?

#107 5 years ago

Kaneda cannot leave the forum fast enough to satisfy me.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I suspect one-sy/two-sy refunds will be painless.
But, if 100 WoZ pre-orderers bail and another couple 100 TH pre-orderers decide they'd rather hold their own money and wait-and-see- then i think THAT would spell Doom. It'd be the proverbial "run on the bank" that would put them under.
Frankly, this is EXACTLY why the delays get trickled-out a few months at a time... and in between, distractions to keep folks from focusing on the slipping delivery dates (epic announcements!).
I don't believe Jack is really as clueless about the production schedule as they have led on- he;s got to be smarter than all this? But obviously if he gave a truthful estimate last year, or even 6 months ago- hundreds would surely have bailed.... and it would have had an even more chilling effect on JJP#2 presales.
Also likely why Jack wants inhibit and throw some cold water on the existing WOZ's changing hands (NO WARRANTY for you!!), if folks realized they could have just plunked down cash MONTHS ago and bought a HUO or even a new standard- this also weakens the funding scheme....
I cant help but think TH pre-sales have already tanked.... but who knows- Id never have believed ppl would have waited this long for WoZ....

Bingo.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

The Hobbit theme is much more appealing to me, but sticking to my guns on the no more pre-order thing.

I think you will be surprised the degree to which WOZ can be *cough* customized. Don't like the theme? Not necessarily a problem

Ultimately, WOZ is going to be a very sought after game. Those who sell it will regret it.

#110 5 years ago

Anyone who can fully support the current state of WOZ production is either a totally bought in apologist, or conveniently so new to the hobby and situation that they are not capable of speaking with any level of understanding of the issues and time past.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

How is Jack in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation? All he has to do is to do what he is supposed to do and do what he was paid to do: build the games and ship them on schedule. Period.

If only it were that simple... WOZ is a collection of parts from a wide variety of suppliers. If any of those suppliers don't deliver on time, JJP and their customers suffer. If the parts they provide are sub-standard, JJP and their customers suffer. It's not easy building something so complicated.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I get people are unhappy, but why bitch about it over and over again. That's all I am saying.

I get people are unhappy with the criticism, but why defend the indefensible over and over again.....

See what I did there?

#113 5 years ago

OP, if this is still for sale repost. This thread has little to do with your sale and turned into another WOZ discussion.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside