Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by absocountry2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-795.jpg
image.jpg
20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg
shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Just for a point of information -

My friend pre-ordered WOZ in May 2011.

At the beginning of 2013, JJP was projecting May 2013 for delivery, then August, then November. He received it December 2013.

#52 5 years ago

I dropped out of the pre-order a few months after it opened. Cannot believe how long it is taking and the patience of some of you guys ordering such a long time ago.

Lets face it, it is going to be very easy to find HUO WOZ from here on in and at least you get it more or less the day you pay for it and it will be cheaper.

If I ever buy a Hobbit, it will be from an authorized dealer when they are in stock....

#53 5 years ago

After 30 months of waiting I also sold my pre-order (Jan 30, 2011 order date) because I just couldn't stand the "one more month" to ship my game mentality. Hell, I don't even know if the buyer got it, lol, never heard from him.

#54 5 years ago

1500 red ones???? I don't see that happening. The regs are gonna flood the hobbiest market before the 1000 le's are shipped.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

WOZ may be a collector's item when all is said and done.

Or just collecting dust...

Quoted from snaroff:

And lets add the fact that people are waiting for "limited edition" machines that are no longer limited

A thousand 'limited'? People actually fell for that one??

Zippy, just do yourself a favor and get your refund... feel the stress and anxiety melt away.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

1500 red ones???? I don't see that happening. The regs are gonna flood the hobbiest market before the 1000 le's are shipped.

No kidding, but JJP's marketing flyer spells it out…

https://papa.org/2013/11/12/75th-anniversary-limited-edition-wizard-of-oz/

#57 5 years ago

9k wow....I wonder how many he will sell. That will truley be the rare woz, I feel due to the lack of sales.... I would LOVE to own one of them but the price is way off for me.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

So hey, buy mine, it's coming direct from Jack, pretty sure he's authorized.

LMAO!

#59 5 years ago

You think Hobbit will be released by 2020?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

Seems crazy how Jersey Jack can get away with this kind of business, but he does, there's many people who have already paid for the next pin "The Hobbit"

For an explanation of this phenomenon- please see the works of PT Barnum.

#61 5 years ago

The best part of the 9K is the fact that invisiglass is not included… but heck with a red paint job why not plunk down 9K

#62 5 years ago

That really sucks dude. I know your estimated date got pushed back constantly. Get those funds and buy some other fun games ready today!

Probably best you sell it now or get a refund since once you own it no one will want it as badly on the secondary market with the warranty mess and issues the game may have.

Plus, the FS threads are tough now since various distros have them you can just go pick up new

#63 5 years ago

I don't have a horse in the race, but if I did, I would be out by now as well. At least around here, WOZ has become quite common. It's already become yesterdays news and HUO games are popping up for sale at a deep discount regularly. I seriously had a friend who bought a WOZ on site from a distributor while another friend was still waiting for his game that he had paid for 3 years in advance. I just think that this game will be widely available for years to come as more owners move it on and yet more machines continue to be produced by JJP.

#64 5 years ago

Can you get a refund?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I think that might be missing the point. It isn't about how great the game is. It's about the process.
It's like when you go into a new restaurant and there is a wait. The hostess tells you it's going to be 30 minutes. And it turns out to be 2 hours. If she had told you 2 hours 2 hours ago, you'd have walked out. Sure, you've heard the food is great, but now you are pissed, too tired and cranky to eat somewhere else, so you go home and have a PBJ. Or a System 11 or three in Zippy's case.
How many preorder people would have said "nope" if Jack came out and said "The games will be delivered in three years from the time you place your order" ?
On top of all of the delays and excuses and broken promises over the past years, this latest "all the LE's are going to be done in 90-days 'ish' " is quickly turning out to be another "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...or like the hostess in the restaurant. It's "tell them whatever it takes to get them off your back for a minute". People will put up with a lot if you are just honest with them. But if you're not, they won't.
And then, there is the whole new red LE announcement....

Quoted from markmon:

You forgot the fact that while these people are waiting 3 years and more that the regulars are available to be purchased and picked up today. That's a big part of it. If I order first and get my game last, I'm pissed.

One more thing was the missed opportunity cost of the inaccurate completion estimates.

Some guys sold games that went up in value to fund WOZ.

Others missed some excellent opportunities on other games:

IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec. 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Post edited by moderator: edited year from 12 to 11

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can you get a refund?

I got a refund one year ago…was painless. Jack had a check in the mail the next day. With new JJP investors, it will be interesting to see if refunds continue to be painless.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

One more important thing was the missed opportunity cost.
IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec., 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Hey Neil, that's stretching it, but I admire your creativity

Post edited by moderator: yesr edited in quote to 11 from 12

#68 5 years ago

Not to, er, derail the thread, but how's the selling going? Any offers, trades, etc?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

A thousand 'limited'? People actually fell for that one??

And by limited, they mean limited to the number they can sell. What a joke

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

One more thing was the missed opportunity cost of the inaccurate completion estimates.

IE., if an LE preorder would have been cancelled before the deadline of Dec. 2011, those same funds could have purchased a TRON LE for just under $6,000!

Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Neil, that's stretching it, but I admire your creativity

It's not Steve--that's actually my story; looks like I'll have to back up the generalization with supporting facts:

I cancelled my ECLE in December 2011 and bought an HUO TRON LE from Curly's retail inventory with 30 games on clock for $5,850--surprisingly, that's where the TRON LE market was at that time.

Dumb luck: if I would have tried to approach it as an investment I would have ended up with a Boat Anchor.

Post edited by moderator: edited year on request

#71 5 years ago

Think Jack will come in here and add to the conversation?

#72 5 years ago

what ever happened to the lease option for the operators???

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Think Jack will come in here and add to the conversation?

Yes, the thread is soooo inviting....

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

I think that might be missing the point. It isn't about how great the game is. It's about the process.
It's like when you go into a new restaurant and there is a wait. The hostess tells you it's going to be 30 minutes. And it turns out to be 2 hours. If she had told you 2 hours 2 hours ago, you'd have walked out. Sure, you've heard the food is great, but now you are pissed, too tired and cranky to eat somewhere else, so you go home and have a PBJ. Or a System 11 or three in Zippy's case.
How many preorder people would have said "nope" if Jack came out and said "The games will be delivered in three years from the time you place your order" ?
On top of all of the delays and excuses and broken promises over the past years, this latest "all the LE's are going to be done in 90-days 'ish' " is quickly turning out to be another "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...or like the hostess in the restaurant. It's "tell them whatever it takes to get them off your back for a minute". People will put up with a lot if you are just honest with them. But if you're not, they won't.
And then, there is the whole new red LE announcement....

The boy has a point! I was in your situation as well, so I know EXACTLY what you're going thru. I got my WOZ pin at the end of October of 2013 after a (2) year wait. That being said, WOZ is a really fun pin. Buuuut, would I wait again for a pin this long! No way!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, the thread is soooo inviting....

My point exactly. LOL Especially after the last time he came into a thread with the warranty BS.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I got a refund one year ago…was painless. Jack had a check in the mail the next day. With new JJP investors, it will be interesting to see if refunds continue to be painless.

I suspect one-sy/two-sy refunds will be painless.

But, if 100 WoZ pre-orderers bail and another couple 100 TH pre-orderers decide they'd rather hold their own money and wait-and-see- then i think THAT would spell Doom. It'd be the proverbial "run on the bank" that would put them under.

Frankly, this is EXACTLY why the delays get trickled-out a few months at a time... and in between, distractions to keep folks from focusing on the slipping delivery dates (epic announcements!).

I don't believe Jack is really as clueless about the production schedule as they have led on- he;s got to be smarter than all this? But obviously if he gave a truthful estimate last year, or even 6 months ago- hundreds would surely have bailed.... and it would have had an even more chilling effect on JJP#2 presales.

Also likely why Jack wants inhibit and throw some cold water on the existing WOZ's changing hands (NO WARRANTY for you!!), if folks realized they could have just plunked down cash MONTHS ago and bought a HUO or even a new standard- this also weakens the funding scheme....

I cant help but think TH pre-sales have already tanked.... but who knows- Id never have believed ppl would have waited this long for WoZ....

#77 5 years ago

i probably wouldnt have waited 3 years either, i bought mine in stock from a distributor. I was really annoyed about some issues out of the box, but now that its dialed in I am glad i got it, was worth the pain in the ass for me.

GLWS tho.

#78 5 years ago

All of this stress and loss of love for JJP could have been avoided if Jack had just delivered the games FIFO.

Instead of punishing the people who paid first by making them wait the longest.

#79 5 years ago

I realize I am in the minority here, but I put my money down for THLE, I will wait however long it takes and if they announce a Smaug Fire Breathing LE with some extra cool crap on it, I would probably give them an extra grand for it. Of course, I also have limited room, so the option of getting my money back and buying 7 system 11's isn't an option for me and won't be getting any better.

Great theme and history (albeit short) of bad-ass machineness. If you don't count what is sure to be a ridiculous wait time that I am in store for, it's nothing but WIN here, if it can live up to at least 1/2 the hype, maybe 3/4s.

We'll see if I still feel this way 3 years from now

#80 5 years ago

Dark wizard while you may be nice ordering another JJP asks the question, bright? : )

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

It's not Steve--that's actually my story; looks like I'll have to back up the generalization with supporting facts:
I cancelled my ECLE in December 2012 and bought an HUO TRON LE from Curly's retail inventory with 30 games on clock for $5,850--surprisingly, that's where the TRON LE market was at that time.
Dumb luck: if I would have tried to approach it as an investment I would have ended up with a Boat Anchor.

WOW…great story! TRON LE for ~6k! Nice.

I can see your point, but if you "zoom out" and look at all purchases this way, life can get depressing. For example, "what if I invested in <x> stock rather than buy <y> pinball".

Since this is just pinball for pinball, I guess I understand your point (and why it worked out for you)…

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

All of this stress and loss of love for JJP could have been avoided if Jack had just delivered the games FIFO.

DING DING DING

WE have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#83 5 years ago

Zippy, JG...hate seeing you guys bail but its most understandable. Hope it works out for both of you. Things could have been handled better . There must be an awuful lot we dont know about. It would make for a good book for pinheads.

#84 5 years ago

This topic has been discussed so many times I'm shocked we even still go there. Jack is working as hard as he can to get games out and he's always in a damned if I do damned if I don't situation. What people's preorders did was fund the birth of a new and exciting company. It's a shame delays happened, but that's to be expected. It's at the point now where it just is what is. Venting your frustration on a daily basis doesn't change a thing. We all know the truth is nobody is building a game as sweet as JJP. This is only their first crack at it. With the product they are churning out, JJP will sell every game they make. There's just nothing else on the market like it. I try to get excited for Stern games but they are all so similar nowadays. Where's the innovation?

#85 5 years ago

Get a refund and go get a Stern.

You can actually PLAY the game after buying it.

You realize you've been waiting nearly as long as your entire time in high school?

Stern probably has better workmanship anyway.

#86 5 years ago

My earlier Post has 21 thumbs downs! I'm so proud.

Sorry about the sarcasm ("brilliant!"), but nothing I said could be disagreed with by anyone thinking rationally.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

There's just nothing else on the market like it. I try to get excited for Stern games but they are all so similar nowadays. Where's the innovation?

Says the guy that was trying so hard to overpay for one those STERN Tron LE's? So, did you ever get your crappy Tron LE?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This topic has been discussed so many times I'm shocked we even still go there. Jack is working as hard as he can to get games out and he's always in a damned if I do damned if I don't situation. What people's preorders did was fund the birth of a new and exciting company. It's a shame delays happened, but that's to be expected. It's at the point now where it just is what is. Venting your frustration on a daily basis doesn't change a thing. We all know the truth is nobody is building a game as sweet as JJP. This is only their first crack at it. With the product they are churning out, JJP will sell every game they make. There's just nothing else on the market like it. I try to get excited for Stern games but they are all so similar nowadays. Where's the innovation?

dear me...

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Says the guy that was trying so hard to overpay for one those STERN TRON LE's? So, did you ever get your crappy TRON LE?

Didn't buy mine and it only had 44 plays and 129 balls played.

image.jpg image-795.jpg
#90 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Says the guy that was trying so hard to overpay for one those STERN TRON LE's? Did you ever get your crappy TRON LE?

bingo...

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I try to get excited for Stern games but they are all so similar nowadays. Where's the innovation?

Yes! Like Tron LE! So boring! No one would ever want to buy one of those!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes! Like TRON LE! So boring! No one would ever want to buy one of those!

that poster will soon learn that there are long memories around here...

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I agree - but it would apparently 'cash flow needed' dictated otherwise.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree - but it would apparently 'cash flow needed' dictated otherwise.

Poor business planning then

#95 5 years ago

Are we going to go in this circle again? I feel like I'm in Midnight Express....

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are we going to go in this circle again? I feel like I'm in Midnight Express....

You're on the merry-go-round. Don't worry, be happy.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

imagine how you would feel if you were the op and still waiting

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

imagine how you would feel if you were the op and still waiting

lots of us around still that aren't imaging

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

With the product they are churning out, JJP will sell every game they make.

*churning*? pause for LOL.

I'm sure JJP will SELL every game they MAKE... the question is:
can they MAKE every game they SELL

#100 5 years ago

The merry go round sucks....but in retrospect the journey was worth the reward. I was ready to bail in early december too. I was just plain frustrated, pissed off and felt quite insulted as a May 2011 early buyer. Well despite JJP's projection of a Feburary delivery it showed up without much notice the third week of December. I could not have been happier. All my deep rooted anxiety and anger went away and the game has pretty much been playing non-stop and without a hiccup after a couple of initial adjustments. Everybody loves this game.

You are so close now. I'm glad gearheadroppings talked me into sticking with it. Hang in there if you can because you will love it once it finally shows up.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside