Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-795.jpg
image.jpg
20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg
shit-hit-the-fan.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

The endless wait, lack of any time frame, no progress updates, endless drama...I'm out. No more pre-orders for me. If anyone wants to buy out my LE spot now is the time. Best offer over $7500 (what I paid) gets it. I'm gonna give it a week or so and if no takers just gonna get a refund and finally be done. Been a long frustrating ride.

#2 10 years ago

I felt like dropping out too, but I am more than glad I did not. I am really happy with my game, now that I have it.

I feel bad for all the people still waiting.

#3 10 years ago

Pretty accurate summary for the many still waiting.

Sorry it has come to this - I know you were really looking forward to the game.

#4 10 years ago

Sorry you are so frustrated, I was there many many times in my wait and I almost backed out many times, But all I can say is Im glad I waited, Yes it took forever but looking back and having the game now the wait was worth it. I know I cant change your mind and you have to do whats best for you but you are very very close, you have waited this long whats a bit longer, I would call Jack and tell him how you are feeling and it might change your mind, just a thought. Ive got a bunch of friends still waiting for there WoZ as well. Either way I hope whatever you chose works out for you.

Joe(acejedi)

#5 10 years ago

Why not just get a refund and buy one that you see posted FS.

#6 10 years ago

You have been very patient for quite a while zippy.
It's a bummer you don't have your WOZLE pinball machine yet after all this waiting and trying to stay positive.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why not just get a refund and buy one that you see posted FS.

After Jack's post about no warranty coverage for 2nd owners even if still NIB? Think not.

Quoted from Acejedi:

I would call Jack and tell him how you are feeling and it might change your mind

I did call him a couple weeks ago and he told me to "hang in just a little longer...April/may (ish)" Now i find out that July 2011 orders are being told the same thing, "April/may (ish)" when mine is a 2012 (one of the very last) and have not heard of any quanity of games moving out in the meantime, (about 15 LE's if that, since December) so I am calling BS on the April/May thing for mine. At least whoever ends up with this one will be getting one of the last 30 to roll off the line and should have all the "fixes and updates" in it. I wish JJP the best and really hope they get their $hit together soon, as I think they have great potential, but the current situation just plain sucks.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

After Jack's post about no warranty coverage for 2nd owners even if still NIB? Think not.

I did call him a couple weeks ago and he told me to "hang in just a little longer...April/may (ish)" Now i find out that July 2011 orders are being told the same thing, "April/may (ish)" when mine is a 2012 (one of the very last) and have not heard of any quanity of games moving out in the meantime, (about 15 LE's if that, since December) so I am calling BS on the April/May thing for mine. At least whoever ends up with this one will be getting one of the last 30 to roll off the line and should have all the "fixes and updates" in it. I wish JJP the best and really hope they get their $hit together soon, as I think they have great potential, but the current situation just plain sucks.

Didn't see that, don't blame you.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Didn't see that, don't blame you.

In case you missed it, Jack jumped in on a NIB WOZ F/S thread AFTER the sale was made to announce...

Quoted from JerseyJack:

No factory warranty on the ECLEWOZ game.

Quoted from JerseyJack:

Second owner.
Sold by unauthorized dealer, not factory authorized distributor.

Pretty much killed the aftermarket value of these babies. So hey, buy mine, it's coming direct from Jack, pretty sure he's authorized.

#11 10 years ago

Watch out if this thing goes much past April, for the LE's.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

You have been very patient for quite a while zippy.
It's a bummer you don't have your WOZLE pinball machine yet after all this waiting and trying to stay positive.

Thanks. Pretty bummed, but after all this only a saint could stay positive, I've been called alot of things but saintly ain't one of em. Had a pretty good run of it, staying positive, that is, but a guy can only go so far...

#13 10 years ago

Man, sorry for the long arse wait Zip, I will be going through the same thing on the Hobbit. Perhaps get a used one now?

#14 10 years ago

Shame Zippy, If you can just hang in there.
The game is well worth the wait.

#15 10 years ago

The $HIT has apparently, hit the Phucking Fan!

shit-hit-the-fan.jpgshit-hit-the-fan.jpg

#16 10 years ago

I have a Hobbit pre order I would trade.

#17 10 years ago

Need a box of Omaha steaks?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have a Hobbit pre order I would trade.

The Hobbit theme is much more appealing to me, but sticking to my guns on the no more pre-order thing. If it was in hand, then I'd jump on it.
Nope, just gonna lick my wounds, grab a couple more system 11's (my fav's), pay some bills with the change and call it good.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Shame Zippy, If you can just hang in there.
The game is well worth the wait.

So I agree the game is pretty good. I do not agree the game is worth a 3 year wait. If I was still in line, I'd be out for sure. There are plenty of great games that are available *right now*.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

the game is not worth a 3 year wait...There are plenty of great games that are available *right now*.

And I've got an eye on a couple.

#21 10 years ago

I am with you zippy. If it were not for my family, I would be out. I am still working them, much longer and LE 616 is on the market. I want the money for floats on one of my planes instead, but they are still in on WOZ. I really do not know of anything worth the wait. Does not matter how great it may be.

#22 10 years ago

Kudos for waiting as long as you did.

#23 10 years ago

Don't bother with selling your spot, get a refund, move on, and be happy simply playing pinball

that is what I did

#24 10 years ago

I think it's a shame that you can't see your way clear to hang in there, your wait hasn't been any longer than most of us, mine was 2 years 8 months, got frustrating a few times, but I've got the best game I've ever owned to show for it and couldn't be happier.

I realize that pre-ordering and having your money hanging out there isn't for everyone, and God knows reading Pinside will do nothing to ease your anxiety, but you've come this far and you will get a great game.

#25 10 years ago

The Hobbit theme is much more appealing to me, but sticking to my guns on the no more pre-order thing. If it was in hand, then I'd jump on it.
Nope, just gonna lick my wounds, grab a couple more system 11's (my fav's), pay some bills with the change and call it good.

You should be able to get about 5 or 6 or even 7 decent Sys11s for your WOZ $7500!

I know what I'd have. Sys11 for the win!!

rd.

#26 10 years ago

I've been called alot of things but saintly ain't one of em.

You were a saint to stay on board that long. Now you can add "saintly" to the name calling list

#27 10 years ago

I have got fed up with the endless Metallica code wait - but I have a physical game. Feel for you guys. No way would I ever pre-order as pinball is a way of avoiding stress, not creating it!

#28 10 years ago

I can't blame you for jumping ship. After the latest developments, I'd find it hard to support this company even if I liked their game. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll find good ways to spend the money.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think it's a shame that you can't see your way clear to hang in there, your wait hasn't been any longer than most of us, mine was 2 years 8 months, got frustrating a few times, but I've got the best game I've ever owned to show for it and couldn't be happier.
I realize that pre-ordering and having your money hanging out there isn't for everyone, and God knows reading Pinside will do nothing to ease your anxiety, but you've come this far and you will get a great game.

Just because some people are waiting around for an unreasonable amount of time doesn't mean that's a smart move or that others should just "hang in there". The fact is, you can buy a woz right now. If I wanted one and didn't have one, I'd be out right away and just buy one that's available. In fact, that's what I did several months ago.

#30 10 years ago

The endless wait, lack of any time frame, no progress updates, endless drama...I'm out. No more pre-orders for me.

Zippy,

I feel your pain.

I'm still waiting on my WOZ...June 2011 order.

I can't imagine a May 2012 game being ready to ship in the next few months.

What bothers me most with JJP is that they continue to tell people false delivery dates.

#31 10 years ago

pre ordering, and waiting 3 years for a game. there must be a better way. i know theres production time but.....

#32 10 years ago

Sure, jump ship. Make all the waiting and hand wringing to this point be for naught. Brilliant.

Let the doubters and naysayers drive you to bailing, like Jack's business plan is to phuck with people and make them wait as long as possible for no reason. Brilliant.

Maybe buy an earlier build, with their sometimes attendant problems, when you are 90% of the way to getting a fresh one with bugs already ironed out. Brilliant.

Consider Jack's simply reiterating the standard warranty transfer policy that every pinball/coin op anything manufacturer has had since ever to be an "announcement" about the warranty, ignoring all the times he has said that design flaw repairs will continue to be supported even after the warranty expires. Yup, brilliant.

#33 10 years ago

I agree with the guy above, only with zero sarcasm. Brilliant indeed.

#34 10 years ago

It's hard for me to believe the warranty isn't transferrable. Shocking.

#35 10 years ago

Good luck with the sale but I would recommend sticking it out a while longer. You have waited this long what's another few weeks or even two months. You would end up getting a later built game with at least 2.0 code on it. The game is simply incredible and there's nothing else out there like it being made.

#36 10 years ago

I was very frustrated with the wait also. I finally received mine about 2 weeks ago and look forward to coming home every day to play it. In retrospect, I'm kind of glad I got a later built WOZLE as I have had zero problems, aside from a bent leaf. Have 2.0 loaded and loving the pin. Searched through some old posts to get a collection of the rules and having fun trying to do all the stuff. The depth is unbelievable. I hope my METLE gets there soon!!

#37 10 years ago

Just last night I was pondering getting out too but a few things kept me in. One is it's really a great looking game in person - any video clips just don't do it justice. The colors really jump. Also the software updates have been outstanding - both in quality and quantity. And just the fact I've been in it this long already - since I never make a mistake I refuse to admit one. If the machine holds up well when delivered I don't have too much trouble waiting some more. It does suck though.

#38 10 years ago

GLWS. Please let us know how it goes. Since I have not waited the full 2 years and 8 months, but only 2 years and 1 month, I guess I can't complain. It is hard to believe, or even envisage, the pressure I felt that led me into the preorder debacle.

#39 10 years ago

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

#40 10 years ago

Yeah ... I'm on the side of "stick it out" Zippy. I know it's beyond frustrating .. but at this point what is a couple more months? With the 2.0 code release now, I really think this game is a must have for a pinhead.

#41 10 years ago

Sell it or get your refund now. Spend your cash on an ACDC or ST and enjoy. You can get a WoZ anytime you want down the road... if you still want it.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I think that might be missing the point. It isn't about how great the game is. It's about the process.

It's like when you go into a new restaurant and there is a wait. The hostess tells you it's going to be 30 minutes. And it turns out to be 2 hours. If she had told you 2 hours 2 hours ago, you'd have walked out. Sure, you've heard the food is great, but now you are pissed, too tired and cranky to eat somewhere else, so you go home and have a PBJ. Or a System 11 or three in Zippy's case.

How many preorder people would have said "nope" if Jack came out and said "The games will be delivered in three years from the time you place your order" ?

On top of all of the delays and excuses and broken promises over the past years, this latest "all the LE's are going to be done in 90-days 'ish' " is quickly turning out to be another "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"...or like the hostess in the restaurant. It's "tell them whatever it takes to get them off your back for a minute". People will put up with a lot if you are just honest with them. But if you're not, they won't.

And then, there is the whole new red LE announcement....

Post edited by moderator: Keeps politics out

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

How many preorder people would have said "nope" if Jack came out and said "The games will be delivered in three years from the time you place your order" ?

You forgot the fact that while these people are waiting 3 years and more that the regulars are available to be purchased and picked up today. That's a big part of it. If I order first and get my game last, I'm pissed.

#44 10 years ago

Seems crazy how Jersey Jack can get away with this kind of business, but he does, there's many people who have already paid for the next pin "The Hobbit"

Good luck on the sale, i'm sure this will sell since the wait time shouldn't be much longer, but i see your point on not wanting to wait any longer, I give you props for even waiting this long, i would have dropped out a long time ago and just waited until they were available. It does look like a fun game though, i might own one in the future

#45 10 years ago

GLWS. I just cannot believe how JJP got out smelling like a rose and was home free, only to bog down like this again and not finish this run. Bad things, man. I can't believe that I am leery of them getting Hobbit out again, but I flat am. WOZ may be a collector's item when all is said and done.

#47 10 years ago

GLWTS. 4 minute bump

I certainly can't fault you for wanting out. I received mine and knock on wood no problems and my family loves it. But I like you would have walked if not for my kid's who wanted this.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You forgot the fact that while these people are waiting 3 years and more that the regulars are available to be purchased and picked up today. That's a big part of it. If I order first and get my game last, I'm pissed.

No, I didn't forget that; I've posted about that many times in the past. So, yeah, that's on the list, the Ruby LE is on the list, the warranty is on the list, the delay is on the list, the "communication" is on the list, and last but not least, I need another pin like I need a snow shovel here in Florida. That's my list.

I just posted mine FS. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/done-waiting-fs-wozecle-7500#post-1498619

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And lets add the fact that people are waiting for "limited edition" machines that are no longer limited With the announcement of JJP's plan to make 1500 75th anniversary LE's, you can even cash in your current LE slot and "upgrade" to the Ruby Red LE in the future!

#50 10 years ago

WOZ Pinball. How ironic!

20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg20121220_Oz.Curtain.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.