Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by blondetall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
waiting-married-with-children.gif
image-632.jpg
lingerie.jpg
hill.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 9.19.04 PM.png

This topic is closed.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm the cancer? Is this how you sell a product from JJP to someone?
"OK, just got home from work and there must be a lot of Pinside love for JJP, as there were exactly ZERO offers in my inbox. Seems like everyone who wants one has one, or just knows better than to buy into the pre-order BS anymore."
Please, he's shooting both his feet off before a jog.

May be time to play with the new mod tools? Thread eject?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You misunderstood me.
I think you should buy a dozen preorders

How is it I misunderstood you, when that is not what you said?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The OP's decision to put a game on a credit card and pay interest confuses me. If you made your payments on time, their would be no interest. And if you're in that kind of a financial bind, WTF are you doing laying down money for a pinball machine in the first place.

Also, when I ordered, I had the means to make the payments, when the unexpected happened and I had to rack up credit card debt to make the payments, it was on the premise that the game would be shipped "anytime now" and if I got in too deep, I could always just sell it and at least break even. It was the constant shipping delays that racked up the interest. If it would have shipped two Augusts ago, like I was told when I ordered it, there would be no debt.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Also, when I ordered, I had the means to make the payments, when the unexpected happened and I had to rack up credit card debt to make the payments, it was on the premise that the game would be shipped "anytime now" and if I got in too deep, I could always just sell it and at least break even. It was the constant shipping delays that racked up the interest. If it would have shipped two Augusts ago, like I was told when I ordered it, there would be no debt.

You dont need to explain yourself to him, unless maybe he bought your game, which everyone knows he didnt. You also dont need to explain it to everyone else, its as simple as it gets...

#1. They asked for payment

#2. You paid

#3. They decided you were not important once they had your money.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

#1. They asked for payment

#2. You paid

#3. They decided you were not important once they had your money.

Well said

#56 5 years ago

I feel ya Zippy. It's nerve racking knowing your money is out there and you don't have a product in hand. I have a WOZ, so I know what you're going thru. Constant battle with friends telling you to sell or not to sell. Someone brought up the stock market and that you should have invested in that. Well, isn't the stock market a gamble too, something like giving a company some money and you expect (hopefully) something back in turn? To me, you already did that.

I always remember one thing whenever I buy something on credit or not. What's the reason you get out of bed for in the morning in order to go to work? You know your finances better than anyone else, so enjoy life. That being said, GLWS. You can always find one later. Who's to say the stress you suffered in this decision didn't cause your medical problems.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I have had my game for 2 weeks now. It works perfect. I would have regretted backing out. I am glad I did not. I am trying to decide what games I will sell to buy the next game from JJP.
I am not making any excuses for JJP, but I am so happy with my game that the over 2 year wait was worth it. I hope everyone gets their games sooner than later.
Quite frankly my WOZLE makes my other games look feel and play like cheep toys. I could tell that would be the case before I got it, and that is the reason I stuck it out.
Do yourself a favor, if you sell your preorder, go buy a WOZ that is ready to ship or opened.
Disclaimer- I am not a wealthy man making six figures, who buys every new game that comes out. (not that there is anything wrong with that) I make a modest living. Pinball is my fix.

Couldn't agree more. I got mine 2 weeks ago too and it's EPIC!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How is it I misunderstood you, when that is not what you said?

I said buy his, is that not what I said?

No matter, you've got your pom poms ready for any occasion.

#59 5 years ago

Hope someone sees through all the BS others have posted on your FS thread Zippy and buys your WOZ slot from you.

Good luck with your health as well buddy. Hope you're feeling better and getting stronger with each day.

God bless and GL.

#60 5 years ago

I'd advise not to put anything on a credit card where you pay interest. That part is hardly Jacks fault.

GLWTS, however if you just want the same money as you paid why wouldn't you just get a refund? With that pay off the CC.

Every day it's costing you $3 or more.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Just get a refund and call it a day.

Quoted from snaroff:

Get the refund and pay off the debt. My 2$

Quoted from snaroff:

the best path is to simply get a refund.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Definitely just get a refund and learn a lesson. No more pre orders.

Quoted from dug:

+1 Just get a refund and move on.

Quoted from PW79:

Sometimes it's better to just leave a few bucks on the nightstand & move on. Get a refund bro.

The masses have spoken.
Just called Jack to cancel. He was not at his desk and asked me to send him an email, so I did. We'll see how it goes. It will be a big relief to just be done with WOZ. This was to be my first NIB pin, and wanting the experience to be over the top, I ordered the best of the best. Well it was an experience at least.

#62 5 years ago

I usually don't ever like posting something negative on pinside unless I really get worked up.

Kaneda, simply put, you are straight up trash sir. First, learn how credit cards work. Second, don't come on someone elses thread and dump on them. The OP has enough stuff to deal with to have you crap on him. If you'd like to come to AZ I'd love to meet you at Power MMA anytime. Google it, I'm there all the time.

I could keep going but I'm going to stop there.

OP, GLWTS, if I wasn't in the middle of closing on a house I would take that spot.

Post edited by moderator: Warning - Do not attack others

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

That is not how credit cards work. There are no credit cards that have 0% interest for 3 years if you make your payments on time.
If Zippy is paying interest and wants to put what he sells the pin for as a payment on his credit card, I would bet that there is still a balance on the card even if he has not used it since the initial purchase.
For the OP - GLWS- hope other pin purchases turn out better for you.

Apparently the idea of paying your CC balance every month is pretty foreign to you. If you pay your balance every month, you pay no interest(you're effective getting a no interest loan for ~1.5 months for all purchases).

If you make *minimum payments* every month, you'll be paying a ton of interest, sure. But if that's what you're doing, I refer you to this:

#64 5 years ago

The masses have spoken.
Just called Jack to cancel. He was not at his desk and asked me to send him an email, so I did. We'll see how it goes. It will be a big relief to just be done with WOZ. This was to be my first NIB pin, and wanting the experience to be over the top, I ordered the best of the best. Well it was an experience at least.

Congrats on resolution.

Pinball should be about stress relief- not stress creation!

The good news is- its not like you've forever lost the ability to own a WOZ. Once the rest of the LEs and standards are in the field, i suspect there will be ample opportunities to acquire a minty one (just like most recent pins).

Moreover, once TH is shipping, you may see a whole new wave of folks (that are perfectly happy today) ready for a new JJP. This is not a dig on WOZ, but just the natural progression. Probably not unlike ACDC owners who loved that game, but avidly swapped for MET when it was released.

Good luck!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

Apparently the idea of paying your CC balance every month is pretty foreign to you. If you pay your balance every month, you pay no interest(you're effective getting a no interest loan for ~1.5 months for all purchases).

Just got a $1500 rebate check for using my Amex. I pay everything with it and then pay off the balance. Cash back and a detailed transaction history for everything I spend. Cant beat that!

#66 5 years ago

The masses have spoken.

Zippy, I realize that was probably a hard decision, but doing it as a straight refund was the easiest way. You don't need to worry about bank transfers, or scams, or anything. Just a simple refund. In my opinion that was the best option. Good luck down the road, and I hope at some point you can get yourself a NIB pin. Opening a game for the first time is a fun experience.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I could keep going but I'm going to stop there.

Dude no need to threaten him although at this point he is the most wanted for a sock in the face : )
"
Hopefully he will see the light and stop being the most disliked member. And we do mean "member"...

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

If you'd like to come to AZ I'd love to meet you at Power MMA anytime. Google it, I'm there all the time.

image.jpg

Sigh... queue up the internet nerd fight...

#69 5 years ago

It looks like Zippy has resolved this, and we're back to bickering. Seems like a good time to close this FS thread.

Zippy- I'm sorry you had so many problems and still don't have a pin to show for it.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside