View topic image gallery

image.jpg
waiting-married-with-children.gif
image-632.jpg
lingerie.jpg
hill.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 9.19.04 PM.png

This topic is closed.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

My original thread got sidetracked and locked
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale
Per mod's request I am reposting

The endless wait, lack of any time frame, no progress updates, endless drama...I'm out. No more pre-orders for me. If anyone wants to buy out my LE spot now is the time. Best offer over $7500 (what I paid) gets it. I'm gonna give it a week or so and if no takers just gonna get a refund and finally be done. Been a long frustrating ride.

#2 10 years ago

Continued from other thread...

Quoted from spfxted:

Not to, er, derail the thread, but how's the selling going? Any offers, trades, etc?

OK, just got home from work and there must be a lot of Pinside love for JJP, as there were exactly ZERO offers in my inbox. Seems like everyone who wants one has one, or just knows better than to buy into the pre-order BS anymore.
I'm bumping up my original statement of waiting a week to get a refund and going to call Jack on Friday if no one here wants it.
Really irritates me that if I just get a refund at this point, I will have given JJP a $7500 interest-free loan with not a damn thing to show for it other than a couple years of BS. Plus it was not an interest free ride for me. As some of you know, after I ordered my LE, I ran into some health troubles and racked up medical bills, so I had to make my JJP payments on a credit card. Talking around $90/month interest for 2 years bringing my LE price tag over $9500, then getting a refund of $7500, never even seeing the game, then Jack can turn around and resell my machine for $9000.
Sucks donkey balls.
I almost bailed once before, due to med bills, but Jack had personally told me I'd have my game by Christmas, and my daughter was looking forward to it so much that she decided that it would be OK if I sold her favorite pin (Addams Family) instead.

(Epic F/S Thread)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/have-to-sell-my-ecwozle

So that is what we did. Wish I hadn't now, and you can bet she does too when there was no WOZ for Christmas.
Not a happy camper right now and just want out of the whole deal.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

My original thread got sidetracked and locked
Per mod's request I am reposting

lol

So I guess we can't discuss anything that you actually said in your post.

#5 10 years ago

Glwts - agreed the wait sucks. I pray for the day Jen calls!

#6 10 years ago

Zippy your threads are always epic!
I would say "wish I was closer" but I am..so GLWTS!!

#7 10 years ago

Would you take trades? Or trades plus cash?

#8 10 years ago

If anyone is in Zippy's shoes and lives in my area (NC), I'd be happy for you to come to my place and play mine for hours at a time.

#9 10 years ago

I don't blame you. Preordering a pin is crazy. I always wait and see if I like it first. Ed

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

If anyone is in Zippy's shoes and lives in my area (NC), I'd be happy for you to come to my place and play mine for hours at a time.

Oh that's just COLD!!!!

I'll be there in an hour.

J/K J/K

#11 10 years ago

I cant believe you and others have actually waited this long. Im not saying they will, but what if JJP closes tomorrow? Your out $7500, in your case Zippy, $9500 and you have no game!?!?

Not a chance I would EVER pre-order a game, further, wait 3 years to get it!! This is some of the worst business planning I have ever seen, on top of that, pre-selling another game before the first is not even close to finished??

I give you credit for waiting this long, get your refund and buy one from another pinsider. You can probably actually make money. ( last one sold for $7k )

#12 10 years ago

Why even try to pass the "frustrating ride" to the next pinsider for a couple hundos over $7500? HUO are selling around $7k. Just get a refund and call it a day.

#13 10 years ago

Good luck Zippy I hope it all works out.And yes that other thread was enjoyable to say the least.

#14 10 years ago

You guys do realize that if instead of buying 8K pins, you bought Netflix at $60, you'd now have, wait for it...

$63,000 today from just one LE pin. About that 8K MMR investment

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 9.19.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-05 at 9.19.04 PM.png
#15 10 years ago

I almost bailed once before, due to med bills, but Jack had personally told me I'd have my game by Christmas, and my daughter was looking forward to it so much that she decided that it would be OK if I sold her favorite pin (Addams Family) instead.
(Epic F/S Thread)
So that is what we did. Wish I hadn't now, and you can bet she does too when there was no WOZ for Christmas.

Anyone that questions how you feel must not have kids. That's horrible!!

Good luck with your sale. Sucks that you are "competing" with another "I'm done" sale out of frustration.

#16 10 years ago

Continued from other thread...

OK, just got home from work and there must be a lot of Pinside love for JJP, as there were exactly ZERO offers in my inbox. Seems like everyone who wants one has one, or just knows better than to buy into the pre-order BS anymore.
I'm bumping up my original statement of waiting a week to get a refund and going to call Jack on Friday if no one here wants it.
Really irritates me that if I just get a refund at this point, I will have given JJP a $7500 interest-free loan with not a damn thing to show for it other than a couple years of BS. Plus it was not an interest free ride for me. As some of you know, after I ordered my LE, I ran into some health troubles and racked up medical bills, so I had to make my JJP payments on a credit card. Talking around $90/month interest for 2 years bringing my LE price tag over $9500, then getting a refund of $7500, never even seeing the game, then Jack can turn around and resell my machine for $9000.
Sucks donkey balls.
(Epic F/S Thread)
Not a happy camper right now and just want out of the whole deal.

Even if JJP delivered the pin earlier this year, you'd still be racking up credit card interest. It's not like delivering the pin would result in paying off the card. Can't imagine disclosing this private information is going to help you sell the pin. Get the refund and pay off the debt. My 2$.

#17 10 years ago

This is complete BS on JJP side. Every game I have played on location had issues and I can't believe people are still waiting for these. Wow blows my mind how they can take all this preorder money and not deliver in a timely manner. No Hobbit for me until they can prove to be a reliable company.

#18 10 years ago

So he starts another thread and then goes down the exact same path that got the original thread locked. Too soon to predict Thread #3?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Can't imagine disclosing this private information is going to help you sell the pin.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking the info was partially intended to shame JJP into following through on their commitment- even if only to this one buyer.

Not saying that's right or fair (vs all the others that have broken promises), but there it is....

GLWTS, maybe you can find someone to trade a TAF?

#20 10 years ago

Time for Jack to remind us how WoZ won "The Brass Ring Award". He neglected to mention how many other exhibitors also won said award.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So he starts another thread and then goes down the exact same path that got the original thread locked. Too soon to predict Thread #3?

Not surprising when the FS post leads off with "The endless wait, lack of any time frame, no progress updates, endless drama...I'm out.". Not exactly motivating to a prospective buyer! Given the number of folks complaining/bailing, the best path is to simply get a refund. That's what I did exactly one year ago and I've never looked back or regretted the decision (especially after seeing/playing it last month).

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking the info was partially intended to shame JJP into following through on their commitment- even if only to this one buyer.
Not saying that's right or fair (vs all the others that have broken promises), but there it is....
GLWTS, maybe you can find someone to trade a TAF?

Even if Jack personally delivered his pin today, it doesn't payoff the credit card interest. Now if Jack were a real mensch, he'd pay all the interest accrued during the wait period. We all know that's not going to happen.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Time for Jack to remind us how WoZ won "The Brass Ring Award". He neglected to mention how many other exhibitors also won said award.

Hey, Jack is no dummy! He's purposely doing this to keep winning the "Most Anticipated Game" award for the Fourth consecutive year!

#24 10 years ago

Shame on jack. Complete bs. Really no excuse at this point not to have the games out.

Definitely just get a refund and learn a lesson. No more pre orders.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Oh. My. GOD, Magnum

hill.jpghill.jpg

Let the man sell his pin.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Now if Jack were a real mensch, he'd pay all the interest accrued during the wait period.

Holy multiball, that would be badass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 10 years ago

He's not going to sell his pin this way. If he just said, "Hey guys, have to drop off, anyone want my spot?" He'd probably have a buyer by now. But instead, "OMG, I hate what's happened to me by this company, who wants to buy my spot and now deal with them?"

The WOZ issue is like beating a dead horse. Everyone will get their game and be happy soon enough.

The OP's decision to put a game on a credit card and pay interest confuses me. If you made your payments on time, their would be no interest. And if you're in that kind of a financial bind, WTF are you doing laying down money for a pinball machine in the first place. Just get your refund. You say you want to let JJP keep your money because you support them, but yet you just keep slamming them. Who wants some chocolate pudding?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Holy multiball, that would be badass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious? Yeah let me take a loss because some guy paid his bills late.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Why even try to pass the "frustrating ride" to the next pinsider for a couple hundos over $7500? HUO are selling around $7k. Just get a refund and call it a day.

+1 Just get a refund and move on.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

He's not going to sell his pin this way. If he just said, "Hey guys, have to drop off, anyone want my spot?" He'd probably have a buyer by now. But instead, "OMG, I hate what's happened to me by this company, who wants to buy my spot and now deal with them?"
The WOZ issue is like beating a dead horse. Everyone will get their game and be happy soon enough.
The OP's decision to put a game on a credit card and pay interest confuses me. If you made your payments on time, their would be no interest. And if you're in that kind of a financial bind, WTF are you doing laying down money for a pinball machine in the first place. Just get your refund. You say you want to let JJP keep your money because you support them, but yet you just keep slamming them. Who wants some chocolate pudding?

Stop being a cancer to this man's for sale thread.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I'm the cancer? Is this how you sell a product from JJP to someone?

"OK, just got home from work and there must be a lot of Pinside love for JJP, as there were exactly ZERO offers in my inbox. Seems like everyone who wants one has one, or just knows better than to buy into the pre-order BS anymore."

Please, he's shooting both his feet off before a jog.

#32 10 years ago

Gee no one wants to buy from a disgruntled customer on a spot for WOZ who just goes on and on about why no one should ever buy from them? Surprise !!! That being said I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! It sucked waiting so long and I've had mine since late November! I would have bailed too!

Tom

#33 10 years ago

GLWTS. This is a great opportunity for someone not soured by the process to jump in and grab a wonderful game for a fair price. WOZ is a permanent feature in my collection and I'm confident JJP will eventually get this figured out. No criticism for the guys tired of waiting - but for those than haven't had to endure, you'll be getting a fun piece of history (no matter the ultimate disposition of JJP).

#34 10 years ago

I have had my game for 2 weeks now. It works perfect. I would have regretted backing out. I am glad I did not. I am trying to decide what games I will sell to buy the next game from JJP.

I am not making any excuses for JJP, but I am so happy with my game that the over 2 year wait was worth it. I hope everyone gets their games sooner than later.

Quite frankly my WOZLE makes my other games look feel and play like cheep toys. I could tell that would be the case before I got it, and that is the reason I stuck it out.

Do yourself a favor, if you sell your preorder, go buy a WOZ that is ready to ship or opened.

Disclaimer- I am not a wealthy man making six figures, who buys every new game that comes out. (not that there is anything wrong with that) I make a modest living. Pinball is my fix.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Stick to wasting everyones time with your "WANT" threads instead of ruining others " REAL " for sale threads.

#36 10 years ago

GLWTS! Are you going to make a part III after this one gets locked up later?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are you serious? Yeah let me take a loss because some guy paid his bills late.

Quoted from DCFAN:

#38 10 years ago

See you all in "part 3"

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#40 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

And Pinside in general.

#41 10 years ago

Is it possible for one to eventually get a negative karma count, say kaneda for example?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

If you made your payments on time, their would be no interest.

That is not how credit cards work. There are no credit cards that have 0% interest for 3 years if you make your payments on time.

If Zippy is paying interest and wants to put what he sells the pin for as a payment on his credit card, I would bet that there is still a balance on the card even if he has not used it since the initial purchase.

For the OP - GLWS- hope other pin purchases turn out better for you.

#43 10 years ago

How's this? GLWS

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Would you take trades? Or trades plus cash?

Possibly. See my wish list.

Quoted from gprotein:

This is my plan, however I thought I'd see if any fellow Pinsiders who aren't yet soured by this still wanted an LE. I would rather one of my pin-buddies get this machine then Jack make even more $ off of me by turning around and re-selling it for even more. Not Jack bashing, I really do want him to succeed, there is great potential there, but it needs work, and letting him re-sell it for more with no penalty just reinforces bad behavior.

Quoted from kaneda:

I'm just being honest and upfront, letting the buyer know that it is a bumpy ride - If Jack was honest and upfront, say a year ago, and let us all know that we would be waiting this long and more, how many of us would still be waiting.

Quoted from kaneda:

The OP's decision to put a game on a credit card and pay interest confuses me. If you made your payments on time, their would be no interest. And if you're in that kind of a financial bind, WTF are you doing laying down money for a pinball machine in the first place.

It was a decision (a bad one, I admit) that was not planned. As I said, I have not had a good couple years health-wise and unexpected medical expenses came up. Should have bailed then, but figured I'd keep it and pay it down as fast as I could. Took two years for me to come to my senses.

Quoted from Joshmx19:

GLWTS! Are you going to make a part III after this one gets locked up later?

If locked, it's locked. Either way, I'm out.

#45 10 years ago

Sometimes it's better to just leave a few bucks on the nightstand & move on. Get a refund bro.

What can you really gain? A few hundie? Worthless ROI for the coordinating & such IMO.

Hey maybe DanQ will buy your game since it's so brilliant.

I say sell it to JJP's newest supporter Kaneda but he'd prolly just stroke you for a week & then back out.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hey maybe DanQ will buy your game since it's so brilliant.

Already have one, and yes, it is.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You guys do realize that if instead of buying 8K pins, you bought Netflix at $60, you'd now have, wait for it...
$63,000 today from just one LE pin. About that 8K MMR investment

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 9.19.0... 46 KB

You do realize that many lost their @sses when Netflix fell from 300 to 60 a few years ago right? That's a lot of LE Pins that could have been bought over some BS stock that bloats up like a puffer fish (suckers buying) and then crashes (pros selling and shorting it)
I can't take my money with me when I die its all just numbers on paper... Playing my pins puts me in my happy place and you can't put a price on that.

image-632.jpgimage-632.jpg
#48 10 years ago

waiting-married-with-children.gifwaiting-married-with-children.gif

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Already have one, and yes, it is.

You misunderstood me.

I think you should buy a dozen preorders

#50 10 years ago

Looks like it is sold - not on the market anymore

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale-part-ii/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.