AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
3B9B6D53-1378-48D3-A705-B5766174E76F (resized).png
48E5EBE0-37B4-4D85-9498-C9FEFDEA1BFE (resized).png
mSFXk2a.gif
Image 4-15-21 at 9.14 PM (resized).jpeg
1-thebigbangth (resized).jpg
96A736A9-E406-4152-91A6-12608BF9F347 (resized).jpeg
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 3 years ago

not as bad as the guy on FB that reviews games and says GB is a 9.5 out of 10 and considers 8.6 to be average. In world does any of that make sense?

ps- Cary rocks

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had a GB premium and sold it to move into other games and I regret it. It's my favorite game that I've had so far. I know it has flaws but I loved it.

I understand its a decisive game and I see why some people like it, but with all the flaws it has it objectively cannot be a 9.5 out of 10 lol. I don't even know if any game should qualify as a 9.5/10 tbh but certainly not GB. When 8.6 is considered low/average though it doesn't even matter.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

That's just it, it can be. If one thinks it is then it is. The entire rating system for everything, stinks. How do u know what I deem greatness and vice versa. Majority? fuck them. I wouldn't care if 99 out of 100 people say it sucks. If I'm the 1 that thinks its amazing that's all that matters. 2 many pinsiders judge their own collection based on what other people think. Man is that stupid. This Hary Cary fella or those other 2 Zack and Meny whatever, who cares what they think. Twippys? what a stupid thing to have for such a small hobby. Whats the point outside of a few dickheads on this site loving that their game won GOTY. Anyway..........

I mean yeah, you can think a game is whatever level of greatness, but if you give bad games a 8.6 and you consider a game that has major flaws that everyone admits (including the reviewer in question) but you still rate it as near to perfect as possible, thats no longer an objective review and even more worthless than a normal review that is just somebodies opinion. Theres lots of games out there that I like that others don't so much, and vice versa, and same with lots of other things such as music and movies. Theres still a difference though when somebody says something I disagree with (I don't like this game and heres why) and X game is nearly perfect because all games are great and the lowest score I can give any game is 8.6 out of 10.

I didn't always agree with siskel and ebert, but if they gave every single movie 2 thumbs up, I'd think they were idiots. If they considered every movie to be a masterpiece then they are even dumber. I respected their reviews even when I disagreed.

1 week later
#281 3 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Well Cary, I think Stern's best efforts in last two years are Munsters Premium/LE and Stranger Things Premium/LE---I love pinball machines that embrace the entire package of the subject (art, play, toys, sound) and the thought and effort (the Munsters TV show clips, the stranger things projector--going on different parts of the playfield and the Underworld feature). Just like people love different movies or furniture, or the colors on their wall, the individual sahould make their OWN decision what they like! (Let's face it--some people think Bally's Motordome is a good game, and its just NOT!) Todd

Thats it, I'm done with TNT's videos. I think motordome looks sweet but after Todd's constant SLANDERING of that game, I just can't take it anymore.

Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hey want to come in my basement? I gots some tasty popsicles! Oh and some pinballs...

Will you let me drink your cokes or am I only allowed Shasta?

1 year later
#336 1 year ago

One of the best, if not THE best pinball youtuber.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

What I HATE about YouTube vids are the stupid graphics they create for the thumbnails - a gormless idiot looking either a) confused, b) surprised, or c) laughing... and pointing at something. Mr Beast may be responsible for this sheeple trend.
And Cary is doing the same thing. No imagination, no creativity, no brain.

Sadly, thats what gets the clicks for thumbnails on youtube. Theres been a ton of metrics done on this topic. I can't believe ol brainless Cary Hardy is doing things that ensure his videos get clicks. What a hack!

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, it’s a sad trend that for a good number of YouTubers helps reinforce that their content is filled with loud cringeworthy fake reactions and zero integrity.
I’ve never felt that way about SDTM or Cary’s videos, pretty much all of their videos have felt genuine.

100% agree

4 weeks later
#449 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

…and the very regional “Youse Guys”

Can't forget about "yinz"

#454 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just seems weird to me watching someone tell you their opinion on a pinball machine. Famous wrestler’s wife, or some random guy, doesn’t matter to me.

Why is it any different than somebody telling you their opinion on a movie or music or fast food burgers or the millions of other things that are socially accepted to be critiqued every day?

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I generally do not read or watch any reviews, especially for TV shows or movies. I download every new movie that is released and while I’m working I’ll watch a few random movies during the week. I’ll turn it off if I’m not interested after about 20 minutes. I enjoy going into a movie without any expectations or knowledge of what I’m about to watch.
I don’t eat fast food. Tell you what, though, that seems even more fucking weird than watching someone tell you about a pinball machine.
I will watch gameplay footage of video games, and pinball machines being played, and I’ll try to form my own opinion about what I see knowing what I like. I honestly don’t care what a stranger thinks of something typically, and I’m not going to seek out the thoughts of a stranger to tell me if I like something or not.

I don't eat fast food either (well, very rarely). If you're focusing on that detail then you're missing the entire point I'm making. OK so you're a weirdo who goes through life with zero not wondering anyone elses thoughts on anything. Thats perfectly fine, but you have to understand that you're an anomaly, as most other people enjoy a little outside chat to get other peoples outlooks on things. It doesn't mean you have to change your mind on anything. Therefore its still perfectly reasonable for somebody to be popular for also giving their thoughts on this hobby, and should not be surprising that such a thing exists, especially when you consider all the other hugely popular avenues where its very common.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.99
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-cary-hardys-game-reviews?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.