AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
3B9B6D53-1378-48D3-A705-B5766174E76F (resized).png
48E5EBE0-37B4-4D85-9498-C9FEFDEA1BFE (resized).png
mSFXk2a.gif
Image 4-15-21 at 9.14 PM (resized).jpeg
1-thebigbangth (resized).jpg
96A736A9-E406-4152-91A6-12608BF9F347 (resized).jpeg
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Alright, I know it’s against the rules to call someone out, but I’m pulling the “public figure” card here. Cary, I love your video production standards. But dude, it seems like every new Stern has a fatal flaw for you. I get it, the 90’s had some great games! I have a few myself (though my collection is mostly pre-DMD).
Here’s the thing. I was totally psyched about Led Zeppelin Premium. I went to a friend’s house and played his LE, had a BLAST playing it. Then I watched your review and it sucked out every ounce of joy I’d had. There’s no way I’d buy a LZ now, and they were one of my top 5 bands growing up in the late 70’s. All the joy, totally gone. Is your assessment right? Maybe some of it, but it was relentlessly negative.
Plan B: Stranger Things Premium. Let’s see what Cary thinks of this one...are you kidding me? At least half of that review was about how the older Brian Eddy games were all better, or hammering Stern about gameplay issues.
No sir, I will not buy into this dystopian vision. From now on, I’ll play the game and make up my own mind, maybe with some input from the STDM reviews.
I do respect your retro lineup, your production quality, and your independent control of your eyebrows. I cannot respect your pessimism.

Didn‘t Cary only „review“ LZ Pro?

Srsly, the main complaints are the dead end shot (only Pro) and that one feature is not as advertised (ramp shootable from every flipper).

Both is not an opinion and as you said you wanted a Premium anyway.

And yes he is kinda harsh, often it‘s funny and a parody, sometimes just bitter.

I wan‘t a BKSoR. Cary jumped a bit with his opinion coming from the anouncement to the reveal and his first gameplay (LE).
Only sad thing is when his resume is „Pro is PROPABLY the way to go“ but he never follows up and plays that.
What you‘re finding when you newly drop in is a bunch of videos regarding the same game that are all over the place. So... just not the ideal source for reviews.

#89 3 years ago

Cary is fine, the only thing when it may become a bit nasty is with the new games (!) and a lot of it is expectations and price.

His review of Word Cup Soccer is perfectly fine. - But that is not a game where there is an active forum battle of opinion, based on leaked photos, a video or a bit of location play, going on. It is not the next game we hoped will blow us away and now leaves us bummed or angry that it doesn't live up to expectations.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

That is so true about Todd. Every game is "a great game" to him. When you think about it... he's right. Todd is the best!

I love Todd. I hope he‘s well. Covid lockdown sure took it’s toll on the company/ business as well as on the health side due to all the stress. :-/

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I went back to my buddy’s house last night for a league meet. We got to talking about Stranger Things premium, and he told me that he’d had major problems with the mechanism that leads the ball to the magnetic lock. I’m still really interested, and I’m planning to play one on location Saturday. But maybe Cary was right to harp on this issue.

Again, wasn't he harping only about the uppost Ball Lock on the Pro?

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Look, I own a JJP GNR LE and it's a fine game but the fanboyism with this title in particular is over-the-top. The light show, theme integration, art, etc. are great on GNR. The rules, not so much (at least not yet - I'm hopeful for significant updates). But whatever. Go team!

So... where do you contradict each other?

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yay! I was quoted by Cary in his response video... too bad it was anonymously however, TheCapn.

Me too!

Us now famous!

Money and bit****s incoming!

8 months later
#326 2 years ago

This is way offtopic biut since Cary wanted to step in last time when Kaneda pulled the plug:
Did Kaneda pull the plug again? Why? - I neglected pinball a bit for the last couple of weeks weeks/ months...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-cary-hardys-game-reviews?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.