AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
3B9B6D53-1378-48D3-A705-B5766174E76F (resized).png
48E5EBE0-37B4-4D85-9498-C9FEFDEA1BFE (resized).png
mSFXk2a.gif
Image 4-15-21 at 9.14 PM (resized).jpeg
1-thebigbangth (resized).jpg
96A736A9-E406-4152-91A6-12608BF9F347 (resized).jpeg
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 1 year ago

Personally, I understand where swampfire is coming from when he made the post.
If you watch the old Top Gear show (UK version) with Jeremy Clarkston you never knew which way his review was going until the end of the bit. It was a constant back and forth whether the car was a piece of crap or a gem. Perhaps, if Cary patterned more of his delivery ala Clarkston, and kept the viewer guessing until the last few minutes then the reviews would be more interesting. To Cary's credit, his reviews have evolved to mimic this type of delivery, but some of the older ones were "in your face" with all the issues for the length of the review.

#402 1 year ago

Well, he just released a video about Scooby Doo and it was overwhelming positive.

#403 1 year ago

How does this thread keep reappearing lol

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

It's still relevant.

#405 1 year ago

I just watch him for that southern drawl. Y’all and all that.

Fine. Ok, fine. He’s entertaining too. Actually one of my favorite subscriptions on YT.

This thread is like a testament to his channel. It’d be cool if he chimed in and posted channel updates here. Kind of a badass middle finger to Pinside drama.

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I just watch him for that southern drawl. Y’all and all that

I moved to Atlanta from Wisconsin when I was 10, and I always avoided “ya’ll” until it started going mainstream. If you’re talking a group, you have 4 choices:

“You” - too ambiguous, might refer to the person you’re looking at
“You guys” - not inclusive if there are women
“You people” - not great for obvious reasons
“You all”, or “ya’ll” for short - perfection

Now I say ya’ll proudly.

#407 1 year ago

I may not agree with everyone's opinion, but I will fight for your right to have it. See ya'll later.

#408 1 year ago

One thought is that for some it can get old just watching one guy talk and talk.

STDM’s platform is more colorful as they balance each other out, but none of their commentary veers toward personal attacks. More upbeat as well.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I moved to Atlanta from Wisconsin

Ya, you betcha. Youse wanna grab a couple-two-three brewski's tonight? I'll meet you over by the bubbler outside the Fleet Farm. Cripes sake don't be late again especially if you are hanging out with those FIBs (which I am one )

#410 1 year ago

He’s back and with less twang.

Hey if he’s got us talking about him, maybe he’s doing something right.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

He’s back and with less twang.
Hey if he’s got us talking about him, maybe he’s doing something right.

This is one of his better reviews I’ve seen. More focused on the game

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I may not agree with everyone's opinion, but I will fight for your right to have it. See ya'll later.

I fight for your right to party.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Mods: upon my death, please close this thread. I don’t think I can stand the idea of this thread outliving me.

You can keep “The Confessional” and “Let’s Talk About Metal”

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Mods: upon my death, please close this thread. I don’t think I can stand the idea of this thread outliving me.
You can keep “The Confessional” and “Let’s Talk About Metal”

You OK?

#415 1 year ago

Probably, just not with this thread resurfacing. And….I just bumped it again.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

you gotta fight, for your right, to paaarrrrrttttaaaayyyy! love some cary hardy. especially when he does the stern comic product launch ideas!!!

#417 1 year ago

Yeah, I expect to live another 25 years, like this thread.

#418 1 year ago

If it helps anyone, I thought I'd mention that my current favorite pinball youtubers/review channels are Gonzo's Pinball Flipperama, and Pinball Heaven. It's the same people behind both channels.

#419 1 year ago

IBTL. I think that what the cool kids are doing.
This thread pops up randomly.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Alright, I know it’s against the rules to call someone out, but I’m pulling the “public figure” card here. Cary, I love your video production standards. But dude, it seems like every new Stern has a fatal flaw for you. I get it, the 90’s had some great games! I have a few myself (though my collection is mostly pre-DMD).
Here’s the thing. I was totally psyched about Led Zeppelin Premium. I went to a friend’s house and played his LE, had a BLAST playing it. Then I watched your review and it sucked out every ounce of joy I’d had. There’s no way I’d buy a LZ now, and they were one of my top 5 bands growing up in the late 70’s. All the joy, totally gone. Is your assessment right? Maybe some of it, but it was relentlessly negative.
Plan B: Stranger Things Premium. Let’s see what Cary thinks of this one...are you kidding me? At least half of that review was about how the older Brian Eddy games were all better, or hammering Stern about gameplay issues.
No sir, I will not buy into this dystopian vision. From now on, I’ll play the game and make up my own mind, maybe with some input from the STDM reviews.
I do respect your retro lineup, your production quality, and your independent control of your eyebrows. I cannot respect your pessimism.

STDM reviews are probably more up your alley. Since they’re almost always puff pieces. If you didnt know it, just about every new release is up there with the greatest ever. BUY BUY BUY

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

STDM reviews are probably more up your alley. Since they’re almost always puff pieces. If you didnt know it, just about every new release is up there with the greatest ever. BUY BUY BUY

I'll give your post a B+

#422 1 year ago

What the distributor that gets special treatment from the manufacturers make puff piece review videos about the games they get?????

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll give your post a B+

Quoted from Elephanthead:

What the distributor that gets special treatment from the manufacturers make puff piece review videos about the games they get?????

Hey wait a minute, I thought this was a shit on Cary for no reason thread?!?! I’m disappointed. But yeah, SDTM, ugh THE fuckin worst! Community would be A LOT better without them around. I’ll grab my pitchfork, let’s start a petition!

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey wait a minute, I thought this was a shit on Cary for no reason thread?!?!

No, it’s the “resurrect a bad thread for no reason” thread.

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No, it’s the “resurrect a bad thread for no reason” thread.

Ooooh, that some “Inception” level layers within layers stuff!

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey wait a minute, I thought this was a shit on Cary for no reason thread?!?! I’m disappointed. But yeah, SDTM, ugh THE fuckin worst! Community would be A LOT better without them around. I’ll grab my pitchfork, let’s start a petition!

Can we get a vote people off TPN? I'll get my Ugandan bot farm to start on it right away! That Craig Bobbie guy has to go, pffft silly Canadians

#427 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I wonder if your downvoters realize who made that post. Funny thinking about it.

#428 1 year ago

I like Zach. I like Cary. That’s all I have to say. Sorry for this thread.

#429 1 year ago

I’m new here as of last year so my apologies if this sounds a bit dumb haha! Isn’t there a way you can just delete this thread or is that weirdly not possible?

Quoted from swampfire:

I like Zach. I like Cary. That’s all I have to say. Sorry for this thread.

#430 1 year ago

You can change the thread title to "I like Cary Hardy pinball reviews"

#431 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No. You need to get MORE content out there for us ungrateful bastards. I've got nothing to watch until the super bowl.

For the record, I don't care if it appears you "shill" it or give a B+ on a regular. I watch for the in depth dive into the pins. Same with Cary. Both your production values are appreciated.

#432 1 year ago
Quoted from Maverick222:

Isn’t there a way you can just delete this thread or is that weirdly not possible?

Quoted from swampfire:

I asked the mods to close the thread a few hours ago.

My understanding is that you can ask to have a thread closed, but they usually won’t do it unless it’s causing some specific harm.

#433 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My understanding is that you can ask to have a thread closed, but they usually won’t do it unless it’s causing some specific harm.

All you need to do is start talking about the trailer trash build or everyone keep up with IBTL. That's seems to work.

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

All you need to do is start talking about the trailer trash build or everyone keep up with IBTL. That's seems to work.

Wait, is GWJ still plugging away? What's new with that guy?

(Trying to assist the OP get his wish)

#435 1 year ago

I like the guy.

#436 1 year ago

Changed the subject to match the ongoing content. Maybe it should have been “YouTuber grievances”?

I do think it’s funny that people are still replying to a post that’s almost 2 years old.

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I moved to Atlanta from Wisconsin when I was 10, and I always avoided “ya’ll” until it started going mainstream. If you’re talking a group, you have 4 choices:
Now I say ya’ll proudly.

I don’t know what yinz are talkin about.

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Wait, is GWJ still plugging away? What's new with that guy?
(Trying to assist the OP get his wish)

He's probably on beer #6 by now.

#439 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Changed the subject to match the ongoing content. Maybe it should have been “YouTuber grievances”?
I do think it’s funny that people are still replying to a post that’s almost 2 years old.

If you want a guaranteed way to get this thread shutdown change the title to "your thoughts on Kaneda "
IBTL

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't care if it appears you "shill" it or give a B+ on a regular. I watch for the in depth dive into the pins. Same with Cary. Both your production values are appreciated.

For realllll... I don't understand why people can't give it a rest already with their feels about SDTM. How many threads do we have to see clogged up with the same 2 complaints over and over? If you think their reviews are too sunny or that they're shills, watch a different channel. If you think it's wrong for them to do reviews as distributors, buy from a different distributor.

For me, Zach and Greg are fun to watch, and they articulate well *why* they like every game that they like, and I have found that to be useful and entertaining.

(for the record, Greg has criminally underrated The Beatles, and y'all both have Ghostbusters over Godzilla which is craaaazy talk )

#441 1 year ago

Can you add a multi choice poll to put this to a vote?

a. Cary Hardy saved my life (still don’t understand who said that and why, but who cares)
b. Cary Hardy’s reviews are the bees knees and thank God loyal Pinsiders are here to protect him
c. Cary Hardy’s reviews are mildly annoying, but sometimes I listen anyway
d. Cary Hardys reviews are sassed to the max with thumbnails to extort undue interest. Avoid.

Feel free to add your sentiment observations of choice.

#442 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthNylus:

Can you add a multi choice poll to put this to a vote?
a. Cary Hardy saved my life (still don’t understand who said that and why, but who cares)
b. Cary Hardy’s reviews are the bees knees and thank God loyal Pinsiders are here to protect him
c. Cary Hardy’s reviews are mildly annoying, but sometimes I listen anyway
d. Cary Hardys reviews are sassed to the max with thumbnails to extort undue interest. Avoid.
Feel free to add your sentiment observations of choice.

Isn't there a thumbs up or down already on youtube? Just vote there?

#443 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Isn't there a thumbs up or down already on youtube? Just vote there?

I think updating it on here to be a poll might put this to bed once and for all.

#444 1 year ago

I watch Cary Hardy reviews. Not much has changed with my life, or the build slowly going on for those wondering.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:I watch Cary Hardy reviews. Not much has changed with my life, or the build slowly going on for those wondering.

Nobody is fucking wondering!!!!

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

might put this to bed once and for all.

Oh, young grasshopper. So much to learn.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now I say ya’ll proudly.

Wrong.
Welcome to NY, the correct answers are:

“Yous”
“Youse”
“Youze” all meaning You (plural)

#448 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wrong.
Welcome to NY, the correct answers are:
“Yous”
“Youse”
“Youze” all meaning You (plural)

…and the very regional “Youse Guys”

#449 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

…and the very regional “Youse Guys”

Can't forget about "yinz"

#450 1 year ago

Well, not happy Paramount entered the streaming game. It's eating in on my HBO+ and other streaming services. I'm taking a stand and not subscribing to anymore dammit!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 210.00
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Tigard, OR
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheboro, NC
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
$ 10.00
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-cary-hardys-game-reviews/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.