AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
3B9B6D53-1378-48D3-A705-B5766174E76F (resized).png
48E5EBE0-37B4-4D85-9498-C9FEFDEA1BFE (resized).png
mSFXk2a.gif
Image 4-15-21 at 9.14 PM (resized).jpeg
1-thebigbangth (resized).jpg
96A736A9-E406-4152-91A6-12608BF9F347 (resized).jpeg
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif
There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 2 years ago

If you enjoyed the game you shouldn’t let someone’s opinion of it change your decision. Enjoy what you like!

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

expletive laden, over-acting self aggrandizement

So true. I flee from that stuff. I don't even know there is a Cary and his videos.

So much good advice here, which is to like what you like and not look to be told what you like.

#303 2 years ago

I brought home a Stranger Things Pro today, and I couldn’t be happier. It reminds me of my old Iron Man, tons of flow and fun.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I brought home a Stranger Things Pro today, and I couldn’t be happier. It reminds me of my old Iron Man, tons of flow and fun.

And there you have it.
You bought and are enjoying a game that some people will trash talk.

FWIW, I like the game as well.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I brought home a Stranger Things Pro today, and I couldn’t be happier.

Haha...that'll fucking show him! You hear that Carey?!?!

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No way. Iron man is the shit!

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Sorry man. I’m lashing out. I haven’t got over whodey.
He was my best friend. He was better than me or anyone else.

It's just not the same without him

#308 2 years ago

Cary Hardy’s YouTube is breaking the Internet due to this Thread. Go Go Go!!

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's just not the same without him

It will not be ever! I will say.. I love Cary hardy content. Honest just spill it out. It’s great! I like you a lot swampfire also.

#310 2 years ago

I still haven’t watched that guy’s video and don’t plan to watch.

I do read swampfire “confessional” thread.

Swampfire for the win.

1 week later
#311 2 years ago

Cary Hardy is amazingly talented. I give him a couple of bucks every month. I never miss a episode just like everyone else on this thread. I don’t agree on the Oculus Pinball review. I’m getting dizzy already...

#312 2 years ago

So what have we learned from this thread ?

#313 2 years ago

Personally, I appreciate reviews that are honestly critical of products. If I want a review that's all butterflies and rainbows then I'll watch the promo videos from the maker of the product. I then reserve my opinion until I actually get to experience the product first hand, pay attention to the issues noted, then make my own decision.

In my previous job, I was constantly being presented products/solutions by vendors for my company to represent and was always told/shown how great they were with hardly any critical evaluation of the products, especially within the context of competing products. I pretty much formulated a method of letting the manufacturers present to me but limiting their time to about 30 minutes. I would always follow-up by saying thank you and how I appreciated them highlighting the positive things their products should do anyway, and would then proceed with several critical questions related to things their product did not do, did inefficiently, or wasn't as good as other leading products in the space. The response were quite varied, and sometimes people really exposed themselves as not being very sharp. However, I always appreciated the ones that had good responses to my questions which showed me they actually knew their products, competition, and market space well.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So what have we learned from this thread ?

Live and let live?

#315 2 years ago

opps, wrong thread. delete

#316 2 years ago

Delete this thread now.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from AnimeDude892:

Delete this thread now.

why?

#318 2 years ago

Because it’s not necessary.

#319 2 years ago

Delete this thread now.

It would die if people would stop bumping it.

FWIW I watched @thecapn’s first impression video on Mando, and I agree with 90% of what he said. If anything, I’m probably more critical than he is on this one.

#320 2 years ago

Neither was your post.

#321 2 years ago

I'm just glad he's not afraid to say as he feels better or right some may feel. We all see threads here where the people feel there are the speak of all in pinball. It nice to get the varying thoughts on this. Do I agree with Cary 100% no.
So I watch as my own choice.

4 months later
#322 2 years ago

Gotta say I like this guys' videos. No Bullshit and he gets straight to the point. Some funny moments as well but doesn't overdue it like others trying to be funny...Seems to know his stuff too.

#323 2 years ago

Cary hardy is the bomb. I saw her dance once…

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Gotta say I like this guys' videos. No Bullshit and he gets straight to the point. Some funny moments as well but doesn't overdue it like others trying to be funny...Seems to know his stuff too.

agreed

1 month later
#325 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I like him a lot and he is knowledgeable. You aren't going to agree with him all the time, so what?

Great to see him streaming at Pinball Expo!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#326 2 years ago

This is way offtopic biut since Cary wanted to step in last time when Kaneda pulled the plug:
Did Kaneda pull the plug again? Why? - I neglected pinball a bit for the last couple of weeks weeks/ months...

#327 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This is way offtopic biut since Cary wanted to step in last time when Kaneda pulled the plug:
Did Kaneda pull the plug again? Why? - I neglected pinball a bit for the last couple of weeks weeks/ months...

I think he pulled the plug because of the pushback from his constant patreon asks. He also was very upset someone leaked jjp godfather.

1 year later
#328 1 year ago

Yes Cary is a great guy. Constructive, complimentary and not annoying at all to listen to.

#329 1 year ago

NOT…

#330 1 year ago

I’m so glad I gave up drinking. LOL!

FWIW I’ve watched a lot of Cary’s videos and agreed with them, since starting this thread. You know what they say, you’re not a player unless you have a few haters.

Oh yeah, I still love my LZ Premium and my Stranger Things!

#331 1 year ago

I'm pretty sure I've watched all of his YouTube videos over the last 2 years. His videos make the pinball hobby more fun. I'm not really on board with the Arcade 1UP though. haha.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm not really on board with the Arcade 1UP though.

Ha! I agree. They can't all be winners. Generally though, I watch his videos more than most. I like the shorter, to the point, and no preaching videos. He is usually just stating his opinion and that is ok.

#333 1 year ago

He puts out a variety of videos .
Entertainment , opinion , educational .
The more pinball content the better .
You don't have to like them all .

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The more pinball content the better .

Eh.....

#335 1 year ago

His educational videos are great. I like the ones where he is shopping a game, installing a hard top, or showing the clear coating process. Really great that he took the time to film all that stuff and put it into a video for me to learn from.

#336 1 year ago

One of the best, if not THE best pinball youtuber.

#337 1 year ago

I'm assuming that stands for , Even more - Hell yeah

#338 1 year ago

Who?

#339 1 year ago

I've always enjoyed his build series videos and the $tern skits are hilarious.

#340 1 year ago

He’s kind of like that one pinball friend, who, without thinking about it, trashes a machine to your face not just three seconds after you told him you bought one NIB. Annoying as fuck at times, but always available to help you move, unbox and setup a new machine.

#341 1 year ago

I think his clips are interesting. Well reasoned.
He would look better if he would wear his baseball cap differently but that doesn’t really matter.

#342 1 year ago

I watch him just to gaze at the childish antics of a fully grown man, but I don't take any of the content to heart. It's just silly internet antics

#343 1 year ago

I really like Cary's stuff. He's also a super nice and interesting guy to chat with. I love his production value on his videos and even if I dont agree with all his opinions, they're entertaining and I can appreciate his perspective.
Like people said a year ago, nothing wrong with more content creator options and be educated, or be entertained but all that really matters with your dollars is what brings you joy. Especially in a hobby like this.

#344 1 year ago

Just so everyone knows, this thread is over a year old and I no longer subscribe to the views in my original post(s).

Don’t drink and Pinside, folks.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Don’t drink and Pinside, kids.

I often say that , the morning after

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I do respect your retro lineup, your production quality, and your independent control of your eyebrows.

A year later and this still cracks me up hahaha

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I really like Cary's stuff. He's also a super nice and interesting guy to chat with. I love his production value on his videos and even if I dont agree with all his opinions, they're entertaining and I can appreciate his perspective.
Like people said a year ago, nothing wrong with more content creator options and be educated, or be entertained but all that really matters with your dollars is what brings you joy. Especially in a hobby like this.

Ditto

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m so glad I gave up drinking. LOL!

Double edge sword indeed. You're a lot healthier; but not as fun Such is life.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm pretty sure I've watched all of his YouTube videos over the last 2 years. His videos make the pinball hobby more fun. I'm not really on board with the Arcade 1UP though. haha.

I wouldn't mind having an Arcade 1UP like the one he modded,it would be nice for when guests come over.
I also enjoy his videos, and I always check for new ones when I'm on YouTube.

#350 1 year ago

LZ and ST are not good games though, so there's that

Who the hell cares anyway? If you like a game, buy it. I don't buy games for other people. You shouldn't either.

That said. His reviews are almost always on point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-cary-hardys-game-reviews/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.