AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
3B9B6D53-1378-48D3-A705-B5766174E76F (resized).png
48E5EBE0-37B4-4D85-9498-C9FEFDEA1BFE (resized).png
mSFXk2a.gif
Image 4-15-21 at 9.14 PM (resized).jpeg
1-thebigbangth (resized).jpg
96A736A9-E406-4152-91A6-12608BF9F347 (resized).jpeg
dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif
There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 3 years ago

Yeah you have to find your game. Doesn’t matter what others think. My basement is mostly a land of misfit toys. I only regret taking this long to get 80s gottliebs into my house. They are so so good, and mostly shunned by the masses.

#252 3 years ago

I like his videos. He does a great job at restoring games also I agree with his views I am not that much of a fan of stern games. I like Bally, JJP, Chicago gaming remakes and Williams games at lot more. They are more fun and I only like the Pat lawlor stern games and also the Simpson, AC/DC and Metallica. I think most of there games have nothing to them and empty playfields. The only thing that I would like better if he waited to play it to make judgement. I think a game in 2021 should had more and better features then 1993 but stern does not deliver jjp on the other hand is innovative and makes big strides forwards they used the lcd screen then stern copied them stern offers nothing new they just copy what jjp does in a lesser worse or cheaper form. I like Carry’s content and I think that stern games are sub par and I do not understand why people still buy them if you what a new game buy a JJP.

#253 3 years ago

Price is a huge reason why I haven’t bought a JJP. I almost threw up buying the one stern LE I bought. Spending around that for the lowest JJP just can’t happen for me. If the game was fun enough for me, I could see getting one eventually, but it would have to be something incredible. Have yet to put good time on a JJP and have it be that good for me.

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks for the response video Cary, I watched the whole thing.

he has to produce a video to respond instead of simply posting a message here... ?

I guess some people just like seeing themselves on TV

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I used to LOVE listening to the TOP podcasts...very gritty (production-wise) and informative as well as entertaining! I'm going to revisit them again. I think the most cringeworthy TOP was the one featuring Margaret Hudson. Oh--My--God did I feel sorry for Clay. Trying to get info from this woman was like pulling teeth. Have a listen, if you dare!

Yeah that was the one episode I just couldnt finish.

#256 3 years ago

Twipy’s are meaningless, but when Cary was a host, it was a great deal more fun. Thanks Cary for your effort and opinions. Your topper videos are tops! Lol Don’t let the naysayers ever get to you and continue having fun with pinball reviews and such.

(This thread has only served getting more people to view your videos. I had not seen many, till now. Great advertisement!)

#257 3 years ago

This thread

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Twipy’s are meaningless, but when Cary was a host, it was a great deal more fun. Thanks Cary for your effort and opinions. Your topper videos are tops! Lol Don’t let the naysayers ever get to you and continue having fun with pinball reviews and such.
(This thread has only served getting more people to view your videos. I had not seen many, till now. Great advertisement!)

Social media influencers aint your thing? Come on man.....

#259 3 years ago
AC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpegAC290F18-2340-4FD1-B840-A2B7B975CE04 (resized).jpeg
#260 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Get them clickz Cary!
You might be able to afford a pack of gum off this video

Was all this just a sneaky way to get views on YouTube?....create controversy and discussion and to get more views!!!! Now he’ll be rich (sarcasm)

EB98CEA5-DC11-4320-BA06-87E6122741DC (resized).jpegEB98CEA5-DC11-4320-BA06-87E6122741DC (resized).jpeg
#261 3 years ago

I laughed so hard when Cary was blown away by someone’s wall of txt post in response to this thread (rightfully so), only to one up it with a 40 min edited video response to the same thread.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

he has to produce a video to respond instead of simply posting a message here... ?
I guess some people just like seeing themselves on TV

whereas you like seeing yourself on Pinside.....

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

whereas you like seeing yourself on Pinside.....

..what else am I gonna do while waiting on patches to install?

#264 3 years ago

I don't even like movie reviews anymore, they either end up being wrong or they give away the whole plot. And I only have to watch a movie once and spend 15 bucks.

#265 3 years ago

Got me to click. Not for reviews, that TMNT topper skit was pretty damn funny.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Yay! I was quoted by Cary in his response video... too bad it was anonymously however, TheCapn.

Me too!

Us now famous!

Money and bit****s incoming!

#267 3 years ago

I'm commenting just so I can say I took part in this famous thread about Cary Hardy..... according to Cary Hardy.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Haha. Pretty fun! That's neat he made a video about this Pinside thread. I am shocked and honored he picked my comment to talk about! Very fun.
That's a bummer he doesn't make a living from the YouTube videos. I really wish he made enough money to do that full time. I guess it makes sense that pinball is a very small subset of YouTube and humanity.
That's cool he is just like in his videos and that it isn't an act.
I wonder what his real life job is?

I bet he's an Engineer.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Get them clickz Cary!
You might be able to afford a pack of gum off this video

If that doesn’t work, apparently there is some gum under a game crazylevi used to own.

#270 3 years ago

I watched the video for under a minute before my eyes got heavy. I would have bailed sooner but I was trying to figure out if he cuts his own hair or pays someone to achieve that. I will check back in the future to see if he maintains the look, so now I will be clicking Cary!

#271 3 years ago

(Photo is of Led Zepplin band)

#272 3 years ago

the best quote from cary was , i'll read one line into it..........nevermind.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah you have to find your game. Doesn’t matter what others think. My basement is mostly a land of misfit toys. I only regret taking this long to get 80s gottliebs into my house. They are so so good, and mostly shunned by the masses.

Do you have a tough time finding parts? I can't find a set of plastics for my Genesis anywhere. Emailed Steve, but he never got back to me. Probably looking at just making my own if I can find good reference images.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Do you have a tough time finding parts? I can't find a set of plastics for my Genesis anywhere. Emailed Steve, but he never got back to me. Probably looking at just making my own if I can find good reference images.

Never needed them, but I think they are hard to find. Plastics are hard to find for most games though.

Anything mechanical or board related has never been an issue.

Genesis might be my favorite gottlieb too. Great game!!

#275 3 years ago

Well Cary, I think Stern's best efforts in last two years are Munsters Premium/LE and Stranger Things Premium/LE---I love pinball machines that embrace the entire package of the subject (art, play, toys, sound) and the thought and effort (the Munsters TV show clips, the stranger things projector--going on different parts of the playfield and the Underworld feature). Just like people love different movies or furniture, or the colors on their wall, the individual sahould make their OWN decision what they like! (Let's face it--some people think Bally's Motordome is a good game, and its just NOT!) Todd

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Well Cary, I think Stern's best efforts in last two years are Munsters Premium/LE and Stranger Things Premium/LE---I love pinball machines that embrace the entire package of the subject (art, play, toys, sound) and the thought and effort (the Munsters TV show clips, the stranger things projector--going on different parts of the playfield and the Underworld feature). Just like people love different movies or furniture, or the colors on their wall, the individual sahould make their OWN decision what they like! (Let's face it--some people think Bally's Motordome is a good game, and its just NOT!) Todd

The kids go bonkers for those games

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey want to come in my basement? I gots some tasty popsicles! Oh and some pinballs...

#278 3 years ago

Dudes videos are awesome hope he keeps them coming. IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS OPINION....then remember this country used to be based on free speech.Stop defending a machine because you know it sucks. if it didn't there wouldn't be a thread like this to condone you buying it.

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hey want to come in my basement? I gots some tasty popsicles! Oh and some pinballs...

What flavour you got

#280 3 years ago

I’m done riding bumper cars at the fair or amusement park. Since I was old enough to ride in a bumper car with my dad, I have had nothing but horrible experiences. My primary objection is they never allow you to go fast enough. Speed is of course important, when ramming another vehicle and to let driver know you mean business. Without speed you can’t build momentum nor cause enough impact to give someone whiplash. Bumper cars are throttled to prevent you from moving quickly or obtaining terminal velocity. As such I view bumper cars as a wasted opportunity and not worth the fun or the dollars it takes to ride them. So the next fair I attend, I intend to walk right past the bumper cars and turn my nose up on them. They’ve had their chance to impress and all have failed me. Will someone build a decent bumper car exhibit in the future? ... time will tell.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Thats it, I'm done with TNT's videos. I think motordome looks sweet but after Todd's constant SLANDERING of that game, I just can't take it anymore.

Quoted from Gunnut40:

Will you let me drink your cokes or am I only allowed Shasta?

#282 3 years ago

Well, if nothing else this thread is a testament to the fact that if you are drinking put down the phone and step away from the internet. Alcohol can, from time to time, create strong feelings that upon sober reflection are really not that important.

#283 3 years ago

As an American I cringe when other Americans reference“this country” on an Internet forum as if the Internet forums are U.S.A. specific.
It’s especially weird when you consider this website is based out of the Netherlands.
This makes my top 20 list of things unworldly American do, right after asking for ketchup in a high end French restaurant.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

As an American I cringe when other Americans reference“this country” on an Internet forum as if the Internet forums are U.S.A. specific.
It’s especially weird when you consider this website is based out of the Netherlands.
This makes my top 20 list of things unworldly American do, right after asking for ketchup in a high end French restaurant.

Yeah, everyone knows you dip your French fries in mayonnaise in Europe. Uncouth plebeians

#285 3 years ago

I don’t think this thread did any real harm, and I sincerely I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings.

I got a chance to put about 20 plays on Stranger Things Premium last weekend. I think it’s a great layout, just as good as AFM, and I like it a lot more than Shadow. I like the idea of mixing up game designers in my collection. I’ve got GOTLE for Ritchie, MET and AS for Borg, POTC for Nordman, Congo for JT and WW for Lawlor. It’s time to get Brian Eddy back in the collection. I heard he’s up for Mandalorian, but I’d had several lifetimes’ worth of Star Wars by the time SWE1 came around. And STh has a dark horror-centered theme, and that really appeals to me.

#286 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t think this thread did any real harm, and I sincerely I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings.
I got a chance to put about 20 plays on Stranger Things Premium last weekend.... And STh has a dark horror-centered theme, and that really appeals to me.

Whether you find a STh premium or Mando prem is announced first, whichever way you are leaning, whatever factors were imperative in your decision making, RUN ... DON’T WALK from any of Cary’s videos focused on either. I assure you that no good can come of watching them. Little pleasure can be found.

With an announcement expected by Stern the first week or middle of May, you won’t be waiting long. If you were Stern Marketing and you were poised to release a Mandalorian pin soon, wouldn’t you want it announced on May 4th, which is 11 days away? Of course, but Stern is bound by a Licenser release agreement too. That clarifies whether the Licenser announces the product and issues a press release acknowledging the product - first. For that reason the announcement might be tied up in red tape and occur by mid May.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

Well, if nothing else this thread is a testament to the fact that if you are drinking put down the phone and step away from the internet. Alcohol can, from time to time, create strong feelings that upon sober reflection are really not that important.

Quoted from swampfire:

I don't think it did any harm at all and you probably got Cary a few more viewers as a result. We have all seen what real drunk posting is on the forum and this was not even close

Picture1 (resized).jpgPicture1 (resized).jpg
#288 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats it, I'm done with TNT's videos. I think motordome looks sweet but after Todd's constant SLANDERING of that game, I just can't take it anymore.

Will you let me drink your cokes or am I only allowed Shasta?

Sure if you want rum in it. I have that also.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That's funny, I cringe when someone has a top 20 list with negative shit about their own country. I have traveled outside of our country (that's the US for you sensitive types) and met great and not so great people there. Not once did I think that the bad ones represented the whole country. There are bad apples in every bunch. I don't judge them all based on those few. The funny thing is at different Pinball events I have met people that have traveled here to the US and had an absolutely great time and were treated with kindness and respect and they couldn't wait to come back. We Americans, for the most part, were very friendly and polite to them. Not saying everyone is perfect but about even from what I found traveling to other countries myself. So before you start "cringing" about your country when you read something posted on a forum, think about what I posted. Believe it or not your country really isn't as bad as you have been told and talking negative about it doesn't make you look enlightened.

#290 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

That's funny, I cringe when someone has a top 20 list with negative shit about their own country. I have traveled outside of our country (that's the US for you sensitive types) and met great and not so great people there. Not once did I think that the bad ones represented the whole country. There are bad apples in every bunch. I don't judge them all based on those few. The funny thing is at different Pinball events I have met people that have traveled here to the US and had an absolutely great time and were treated with kindness and respect and they couldn't wait to come back. We Americans, for the most part, were very friendly and polite to them. Not saying everyone is perfect but about even from what I found traveling to other countries myself. So before you start "cringing" about your country when you read something posted on a forum, think about what I posted. Believe it or not your country really isn't as bad as you have been told and talking negative about it doesn't make you look enlightened.

Oh for fucks sake, lighten up Francis.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Hell yeah! What has the sleepy done for us. Well besides taking us to pound town! I could say more,.. mods will take me to piside jail.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

I could say more,.. .

We get it. A gun nut who thinks a comma plus two periods is correct punctuation. Nothing more to say.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

We get it. A gun nut who thinks a comma plus two periods is correct punctuation. Nothing more to say.

Ha ha. That’s funny! Jabbing at me like that. I would say some bull butter. Nope you are smarter than me. Hell kinda like you think I’m a dumb ass. Well hell I will agree with you sir. I’m still learning and growing. As far as my post grammar correct you can kiss my ass! Only one person matter. Better get the grammar going on! Hell I kinda. You seem kinda a dickmhead!

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Hell kinda like you think I’m a dumb ass. Well hell I will agree with you sir.

I accept your admission and will give your prior political opinion the weight it deserves.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

lol Top 20.....you know what find cringe worthy.Evertime speculation for a new title comes out everyone cuts in on there genius ideas of themes.You know the ones that sounds like ideas a printer would have for t shirts at backwoods flea market.....But its a free country

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I accept your admission and will give your prior political opinion the weight it deserves.

Done fuck up

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

JYou know what is up is up fuck you!!!!!! How does it feel to be

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Sorry man. I’m lashing out. I haven’t got over whodey.
He was my best friend. He was better than me or anyone else.

#297 3 years ago

Maybe now we can close this thread?

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Maybe now we can close this thread?

Nope. Just getting good.

#299 3 years ago

I like Pinball. Who’s with me. Yay!!!!!!!

#300 2 years ago

I love Cary Hardy... Texas Baby...The Best Country in this Country.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-with-cary-hardys-game-reviews/page/6?hl=dewman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.