Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 206 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0 mile run.jpg
    0571B052-312A-438D-8119-803748C405CE (resized).jpeg
    B53C870A-7CB9-492A-B352-57BD2A7E04B7 (resized).jpeg
    quote-but-i-would-not-feel-so-all-alone-everybody-must-get-stoned-bob-dylan-59-31-51 (resized).jpg
    7b90c1dc447ccfe88c09b496948b1c2c--disney-pics-disney-disney (resized).jpg
    alh-69-camaro-supercharged-twin (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-06 (resized).jpg
    2018-01-14-22-58-49- (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-17 (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-08 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0926 (resized).PNG
    movieposter (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Barnabas_Collins_2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I will stick with my ORIGINAL TAFG, AFM, MB, & SS. You guys can have remakes, vaults and Nintendo that are fake.

Thanks!

#98 6 years ago

I could honestly care less about remakes. Remake all you want...movies, games, toys. You don't have to watch or buy them & the original is still there if you prefer.

Also...there is original content everywhere!!! It's not always great... but sometimes it is!

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That someone would pay $8000 for a copy of a 20 year old game sounds pretty crazy to me.

Not when the original is going for 12k. These are not precious works of art (for the most part)....they are big toys.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Haven't seen much of that lately.

Not after the remakes showed up

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So that pretty much nullifies your last statement then doesn't it.

No...because I'd still rather have a brand new remake that plays just like the original than a 20 year old pinball machine that will need a lot more maintenance.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Some did and may still say that about the 57 Chevy, 69 camaro z28, any of the first 15sh years of the corvette, or the 427 big block vette, or etc etc etc, well all those but the entire car market and car collector market with all those original pieces of art/ history/ pure joy.
    Even those who collect what's left of actual toys made up until the 90s, may argue it could be art of sorts. I guess it depends on what your definition is.

Quoted from leonml:

What would happen, if like cars, the only version of a classic desired, would be the one that is in original unmolested form, or of original time produced parts?No new pf, plastics, ramps or even screws? The mm, or mb or name title here, original, in 5 plus years, start getting bought up by collectors with deep pockets and big warehouses, who give a crap about ever using or playing what they're buying. They want return on their retirement and will sell to the next rich family who looks for the same. It could happen. Be a lot of pissed of guys with repro parts. Their mm still collectable, but similar to say price difference of a 50s corvette with numbers matching engine vs the one without, or with the wrong engine. Worth good money but, not even close.
    The rest of us can't afford originals, buying 2000 whatever year new camaro and corvettes. Big bucks, all new, fast fun, but won't be worth anything in our lifetimes. Depreciate to nothing in 5 to 10 years.
    Chew on that.

Quoted from leonml:

Well, if you just want a fun performance car, not the v6 either that everyone else has and would only impress you and say your 10 year old son, and had little to no chance, in your lifetime of being collectable, or go up In value, then go new, but if you want a proven collectable that won't fluctuate or plummet in value after a year or 10. You want cool factor, and anyone who is anyone that knows cars, to stroke your ego and be great conversation maker. Well the original will never disappoint. When your 10 year old becomes a young man, will appreciate your decision all the more. It's a no brainer. Besides the fabrication, etc for parts would be easy on the original, where if gm went belly up good luck with finding talent that could fix or make replacement electronics, and the chance of lawsuits if they tried.

Please...one more cargument...I know you can do it.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

The fact is, if a small group of people started paying 20k plus for all original survivor machines, where do you think most of you guys opinions would fall on remakes? If, like a new mustang or camaro, or whatever car they remake, is a superior car in every way, but just will never have the cool factor of the originals, well guess what car many would have or afford, but no one would deny which car they'd rather have? No matter how cool you'd want to be, or desire, your new flashy miracle of technology will always fall short.
    We'd all be ripping our cpr parts out, scrounging to find original parts to cash in. It's what happens, people cave to the cash.

Good Job...I knew you could do it. (Hell, that was before you even read my post...most impressive).

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

New Challenger vs. 1970 R/T ?

Look...and this goes for most "original vs remake" arguments.

If "cool" is the only thing you care about then "original" wins virtually every time.

If you want the greatest performing Corvette you buy a brand new one....if you want the "coolest" Corvette you buy a 1963 coupe.

I own a 2016 Charger Scat Pack. It's better in virtually every single way over the original...that being said you can certainly make the argument that the original is "cooler".

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Well, find me a collectable that compares. Wanna talk original barbies vs tyre last 20 years, especially the piggy Barbie for the sjw types. Maybe that's more your speed?
    Maybe the value of film, say loonytoons vs remakes. Ghostbusters original vs sjw pile of dog shat? What's more valuable to history, or people with a clue? Maybe new if you want to show people what sucks.
    See, being a man with fairly large testicles, an alpha male, not a cuck in his mom's basement, as much as I appreciate my childhood and the coolness of toys from the the last great decade, I'd rather reference cars, and own cars. It's an adult thing,vs toys.

lol

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

Yes, and your new better in every way car, lacks cool to everyone in cars. You own that very car for one singular reason, and that's just for hopes that some of that cool from the original graces you at some point. Why do they remake anything? Because it's superior to anything newer? Hell no!! It's to monopolize on the cool factor to make money. Always falls short.
    63 vette coolest? Come on. It's cool but it's not even top 5 of vettes.
    I often ponder the fact that people have declared certain things to be the end all be all. The 69z camaro is declared king because of what? That line that goes from wheel well across the fenders? seriously. Who made these standards for all to follow for what's best design or coolest?
    Just like the Beatles, overrated historically with that awful bubble gum pop. Bruce Springsteen, seriously? Yellow submarine and pink Cadillac? Amongst other crap. Please, can anyone stand up and say, this crap music is really crap. Bob Dillon? Yeah he was a great lyrics writer, and poet, but he should've never, recorded and sang on anything.

Well I'm just glad that you sir are the arbiter of what is and isn't cool. Glad we got that cleared up.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

You own that very car for one singular reason, and that's just for hopes that some of that cool from the original graces you at some point.

That's just perfect...not even on my list of reasons why I bought that car. Never owned the original and never really liked the original that much.

I bought it becasue:
    500hp and four doors
    Bang for the buck vs other current high hp vehicles
    Technology (I got every option and love them) Adaptive cruise control is a must for me. Auto high beams are fantastic. Lane assist is nice on my 8 hour highway trips.
    25mpg on the highway is ridiculous considering the 500hp.
    I personally think it looks cooler than the original (although I can appreciate that others feel differently).

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not to mention the 65 MPH speed limit, of course.

You mean 75? It's 75 here on the highway (so really 80) and 65 on many the two lane side roads.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

I'm not a religious man, but I do know this all came from somewhere not of man.

True...but no need to assign any intelligence to that "came from somewhere".

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I heard fire came from rubbing two sticks together.

Ewww...that's disgust.....oh, you said sticks. Never mind.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-farewell-pinside-support-group-for-people-w-remake-syndrome?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.