Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 206 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by leonml
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0 mile run.jpg
    0571B052-312A-438D-8119-803748C405CE (resized).jpeg
    B53C870A-7CB9-492A-B352-57BD2A7E04B7 (resized).jpeg
    quote-but-i-would-not-feel-so-all-alone-everybody-must-get-stoned-bob-dylan-59-31-51 (resized).jpg
    7b90c1dc447ccfe88c09b496948b1c2c--disney-pics-disney-disney (resized).jpg
    alh-69-camaro-supercharged-twin (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-06 (resized).jpg
    2018-01-14-22-58-49- (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-17 (resized).jpg
    20-most-hilarious-movie-poster-remakes-08 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0926 (resized).PNG
    movieposter (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Barnabas_Collins_2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

I'm sorry guys I must leave this hobby and possibly this world. I just can't take the thought of Monster Bash being remade. Remakes and Vault Editions are everywhere. Even the Nintendo entertainment system was just remade into a smaller more efficient version. My fellow pinsiders I bid you farewell. All of my worldly possessions will be for sale. What's next? Is there nothing sacred anymore? I bet there will be no end to this. Sooner or later they will start remaking classic movies like Ghostbusters and Willy Wonka. No this madness has to end.

#2 6 years ago

I just remade a pizza I made a few weeks ago, the second try just wasn’t the same as the first, I added a little extra sauce and, well, it is what it is.

I’ll buy some toys from you at a cheaper price (the desired price you’d want would be a let down) it will ease the pain and suffering you would experience from ‘original things being copied’ fatigue

#3 6 years ago

As long as they don't remake Gilligan's Island, I'm good.

#4 6 years ago

Congrats on selling all 16 games in under a min. New world record!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey, juat sit right back and will tell a tale.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

One of my favourite shows and the pinball machine I will be buried in!
    Love me Gilligan
    Skipper

Return to GI would be AWESOME in a pin.

#7 6 years ago

still think MB is next heh? ...time will tell.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

One of my favourite shows and the pinball machine I will be buried in!

Here on Gilligan's Isle!

#9 6 years ago

As long as they don’t start remaking people I’m good.

As far as anyone who leaves the hobby because of remakes... I don’t think they are in the same hobby as me.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would buy that!

Speaking of remakes, I was bs'ing with a guy at league last night and we both agreed someone should remake their Taxi into Taxi Driver.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I would buy that!
    Speaking of remakes, I was bs'ing with a guy at league last night and we both agreed someone should remake their Taxi into Taxi Driver.

Are you talking to me?

#12 6 years ago

Pinball is one hell of a drug!!

#13 6 years ago

Says the guy with a AFM remake lol.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Pinball is one hell of a drug!!

Yeah....you can say that again. A good friend of mine who I got playing in our local league finally broke down and bought one about a month ago....I warned him that they multiply and in less than month and a half he now has 4 pins...

I get that people have things come up or lose interest and move on to other things but if you post on pinside your reason you are leaving the hobby is because of remakes you better expect to be poked at a little. And no one means any ill will to the guy I am sure so he shouldn’t take it personal. That’s 40 more games out there to change hands again so good for folks looking for games.

But I will put it into context of how ridiculous it sounds...it’s like a car collector saying I am going to quit collecting cars because of remakes.....I can literally order EVERY part from a catalog and build a 55-56 Chevy, or any number of “Kit” cars so now it’s a waste for me to own any original collector cars. So there’s your cargument and case closed.

#15 6 years ago

As a collector of RPN HP calculators as well, I had to dump that hobby when they remade the HP15C a few years ago. What a piece of crap it was. Now pinballs...

#16 6 years ago

The guy in the original post has more like" I have done a great job morphing a perfectly normal human, into a complete moron, syndrome".Topic was already closed when I saw it, or I would have personally ragged him and his couple of weenie supporters.

#17 6 years ago

He was actually displaying a very common narcissistic element that has cropped up in very ordinary people now days. It has flourished since the self esteem movement that started in the late 60's early 70's.

#18 6 years ago

I'm glad I finally have a place to vent. I've spent years collecting games that others cannot afford or that are so rare that others cannot find and these remakes are ruining everything. How am I supposed to enjoy something that others now have access too. Now all these poors out there can scrounge up 8K and pretend like they are somebody. I was special dammit.........

#19 6 years ago

I bought a game recently but the pinballs in it were old and had a lot of dings. I checked everywhere for NOS Indiana Jones pinballs. All anyone had were generic repros. No thanks, I'll play with my old tired rusty balls until I find what I need.

#20 6 years ago

I hear they are remaking Baffle Ball.

Im done.

#21 6 years ago

Pinball suicide letters are so sad and pathetic. Just go away. Probably got in this hobby then went overboard then started seeing prices balance out freaked out at all the money he spent,and might not get back. Got his feelings hurt on pinside and realized he's just another poster and not special. Probably really hard on the ego to not be begged to stay. It's pinball have fun don't have fun.

#22 6 years ago

Don't forget to sell the life insurance policy as well.

#23 6 years ago

45A9AD82-16ED-4BBE-B298-EE9C9082007F (resized).jpeg45A9AD82-16ED-4BBE-B298-EE9C9082007F (resized).jpeg

#24 6 years ago

IMG_0921 (resized).PNGIMG_0921 (resized).PNG

#25 6 years ago

Everyone can relax. There are literally over 1000 pinball titles created. CGC can only make 1 remake per year. Sure they went back to MMr for a brief run to fill back demands but moving forward it will be 1 title at best per year. Even those are relatively limited in numbers compared to originals. CGC will do 6-7 more remake titles and move on to their own original titles. In the greater scheme of things, its a drop in the bucket so no need to worry, grab a beer and play some pinball.

#26 6 years ago

In before the inevitable lock.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Are you talking to me?

"I don't see anyone else around here..."

#28 6 years ago

0993fd86c8255c460bf5cff09567e51696459a59dfa60fbc6af23d777ce9f044 (resized).jpg0993fd86c8255c460bf5cff09567e51696459a59dfa60fbc6af23d777ce9f044 (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I'm glad I finally have a place to vent. I've spent years collecting games that others cannot afford or that are so rare that others cannot find and these remakes are ruining everything. How am I supposed to enjoy something that others now have access too. Now all these poors out there can scrounge up 8K and pretend like they are somebody. I was special dammit.........

At least you share yours though

#31 6 years ago

I had missed getting into the original thread before it was locked. But the whole thing was a bit nuts. If a company remakes a game I own or love, awesome. It doesn't impact a game sitting in my gameroom. It may lower its value, but my enjoyment of the game is the same as before a remake. All that happens is more people get to enjoy the same game I already love.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

As a collector of RPN HP calculators as well, I had to dump that hobby when they remade the HP15C a few years ago. What a piece of crap it was. Now pinballs...

Yes!!! RPN rules

#33 6 years ago

They better not start remaking parts for all of these games. They do that shit, and my entire collection of 4 games is gone. The day new screws, washers, bolts, and game specific parts like plastics and playfields are available.....I'm out!!!

#35 6 years ago

Anxiously awaiting the remake of Darling or Jubilee....

#36 6 years ago

Hey! Wait your turn, raven is next!

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

still think MB is next heh? ...time will tell.

March......

#38 6 years ago

I heard they are remaking the Ford F-250 again in 2018! I am pissed, my 2017 is losing value now, what jerks.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

As long as they don’t start remaking people I’m good.

22mj5p (resized).jpg22mj5p (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

2 enter 2 +
    I love my iPhone hp42 app!

Quoted from schudel5:

#41 6 years ago

Remake Baywatch? If the Hoff is out, I’m out.

73AD6A52-8FA7-4E70-9DB0-6C27ECFCDCA1 (resized).jpeg73AD6A52-8FA7-4E70-9DB0-6C27ECFCDCA1 (resized).jpeg

#42 6 years ago

...well I can not repair SMD tech.

So why would I want a remake.... If I can not repair the core boardsets?

I would rather have my williams fishtales, than a remake if they use the same tech that I saw in MM... There was almost nothing in the cabinet....

I understand this is the new way to do things...

But proping up a JJP playfield... And a MM remake.... I do not feel the juice is worth the squeeze.

They do have that brand new playfield tho.... But it's a different feeling to the machine...

But what do I know.... It's not like this was just discussed on a podcast or smth...

#43 6 years ago

Every machine is a remake of the first one off the line. You guys rail against decades-old remakes yet throw huge $$$ at Stern, JPP, Spooky and every other cartel remaking titles the day they're released. Their greed and your hypocrisy sickens me, and now I have to go rage vomit / defecate. Not the way I wanted to start my birthday / anniversary. Thanks pinside!

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Remake Baywatch? If the Hoff is out, I’m out.

Baywatch was the worst/most confusing thing i've seen in a long time. It's not really a comedy so...yeah confused.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Every machine is a remake of the first one off the line. You guys rail against decades-old remakes yet throw huge $$$ at Stern, JPP, Spooky and every other cartel remaking titles the day they're released. Their greed and your hypocrisy sickens me, and now I have to go rage vomit / defecate. Not the way I wanted to start my birthday / anniversary. Thanks pinside!

Happy Birthday!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

If a company remakes a game I own or love, awesome. It doesn't impact a game sitting in my gameroom. It may lower its value, but my enjoyment of the game is the same as before a remake. All that happens is more people get to enjoy the same game I already love.

Nooooo this cannot be true!

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Anxiously awaiting the remake of Darling or Jubilee....

YES! The world needs more Williams parts games.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

The world needs more Williams parts games.

My garage doesn't.

And where's that video of the dude with the long hair and missing teeth ranting about these remakes?

#49 6 years ago

My original AFM seems to play exactly the same as before the remake came out. Weird, that.

#50 6 years ago

Well, I'm leaving because the OP remade this thread!

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-done-farewell-pinside-support-group-for-people-w-remake-syndrome?hl=timefornostalgia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.