• AFM remake 73 votes
    50%
  • Woz 73 votes
    50%

(146 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6445 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

AFM is way more awesome so get that.

And WOZ is old news if you want a JJP get Dialed In.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

AFM is way more awesome so get that.
And WOZ is old news if you want a JJP get Dialed In.

WOZ is old news, but AFM isn't?

#53 6 years ago

I played DILE

While it is packed and shoots well, I didn't love it. Maybe some day after I've played it more I'll understand why it's so good. But today I can't say that or take a chance on a $9000 pin.

WoZ I didn't like either 3 years ago, or two years ago, it's just lately I've gotten an appreciation of it. It really grown on me much like Tspp or LotR before it. I never cared for them until lately as I've gotten more used to their rules and deeper strategies for all games.

While Woz may be old news, I've played maybe 40-50 games on it so it's still new to me.

Think the one I'm getting was born 4-2017

#54 6 years ago

i really like AFM, it's a great game, but if the WOZ theme isn't a problem for you, then it's really no contest -- WOZ is one of the most elaborate and beautiful games ever made, and the rules are so deep that the game will stay fresh far, far longer than AFM will.

edit: should have finished reading the thread before replying! congrats on your new game!

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i really like AFM, it's a great game, but if the WOZ theme isn't a problem for you, then it's really no contest -- WOZ is one of the most elaborate and beautiful games ever made, and the rules are so deep that the game will stay fresh far, far longer than AFM will.
edit: should have finished reading the thread before replying! congrats on your new game!

Woz theme is great for me, classic fantasy not unlike Harry Pottef to be honest.

Regarding AFM there's nothing bad I'd like to say about it and the price is great considering larger color DMD on SE, probably better deal than MMr.

But I'm just thinking with my lineup Woz is more of a joker with its deep complex rules. Not to say I would not love AFM but Woz (Tspp too) are both so much on another level of complexity which I really have grown to appreciate more as I've become more into rules rather than just making shots.

#56 6 years ago

WOZ is similar in design to TSPP and a wide body. It's kind of a reinvention of TSPP and has more of an "unlimited budget" feel to it.

AFM could be the best Bally/Willaims game ever made. For me, it's the B/W that has aged the best and has the most replay value.

They are so dramatically different, almost at opposite ends of the pinball game spectrum.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

WOZ is old news, but AFM isn't?

It's old news in that the novelty has worn off and time hasn't been kind. It's not a very good game.

In 100 years AFM will still be much better than WOZ and so will Dialed In.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's old news in that the novelty has worn off and time hasn't been kind. It's not a very good game.

Exactly. It's GREAT.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In 100 years AFM will still be much better than WOZ and so will Dialed In.

Huh? I know you have your opinion, but I think you're in the minority here. WOZ is a classic (the movie AND the game will be in time too). It's one of the best games ever made. The movie is pretty universally loved and the theme is timeless. It's one of the greatest films ever made. It will still be great 100 years from now. Better is subjective.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Huh? I know you have your opinion, but I think you're in the minority here.

You think I'm in the minority here that I think AFM is a better game than WOZ? I think you are wrong about that. Or do you think I'm in the minority here in that I think it sucks. That's possible, but I don't see why that's important.

Regardless, I answered the OP's question as best I can. I think he should get the AFM remake if it's a choice between those two, and if he must get a JJP he should get Dialed in, which I think is great. You are entitled to your opinion, which is different than mine.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You think I'm in the minority here that I think AFM is a better game than WOZ? I think you are wrong about that.
Regardless, I answered the OP's question as best I can. I think he should get the AFM remake if it's a choice between those two, and if he must get a JJP he should get Dialed in, which I think is great. You are entitled to your opinion, which is different than mine.

No, this is where you're in the minority:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, this is where you're in the minority:

Ok. I change my mind then because I don't want to be in the minority.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok. I change my mind then because I don't want to be in the minority.

Glad to see you came to your senses!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-deciding-between-afm-remake-or-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.