image.jpg
2001B03.jpg
Amstel-Planking_1909243i.jpg
QC_2.JPG
QC.JPG
planking.JPG
P1070123.JPG
P1070118.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago

Maybe he meant "I'm calling up Jack" and it auto corrected up to out since he types that more often. So he's calling Jack out. Maybe for dinner and a drink. Who cares?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Reading this is probably why some people are disappointed with the playfields they have. Some people talk about how all of the playfields have it but apparently they don't. So some are obviously better than others.
Seems reminiscent of the AC/DC clouded window.

lol Wow. AC/DC window vs wood from a tree. I think this is the problem. If you don't know what to look for or you're not in the right light you could look for days. Some people need to stop looking at pictures. Pictures are not your friend. He probably saw this and thought he got jacked not realizing they're ALL going to have their own personality. It's WOOD! Wow. Maybe I need to inhale N20 instead O. Probably will agree with a lot more people. omfg did the sarcasm go completely over my head? Please Please be a troll

Edit: Unless you think you can do better.

Post edited by FiveSixPyro : video

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sure it's wood, but as with any manufacturing process, some PF's won't be up to spec. If they all look like this, then the OP will need to live with it. OTOH, if other examples don't having wildly visible wood grain, then he may have a valid complaint. Hard to tell without seeing it side-by-side with other examples...

Edit: upvoted because you said truth even if it was at my expense. Thanks! Just trying to let some people know that silicon valley is not running our country. These kind of people are. Just for the holidays. And second point was it's wood. and fir is not great for outdoor timber so I can imagine some of it goes into ply or pulp type woods. (no I'm don't fel trees. I just respect it.
I have a couple of extra singed play fields that were sold during the holidays. I mean it's going to be on there somewhere. So I think it's more common and I think that only in a certain light it is visible and many people posting perfect PF's are not seeing what he saw. Trust me. It's there. I agree consistency is a very important issue but when you're dealing with nature and the supply that's available no 2 runs are going to be the same. Isn't that why we love pinball. Every machine, every location and every person has their own personality. Not just the gamers but the machines as well. It's why I love pinball. I also agree that when people become collectors they should expect a slightly higher QC if they're buying LE's BUT perfection is not going to happen. I think we agree about the wood but synthetic plastic is another story about consistency.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

that was a crazy big tree. i have a 20" Stihl, i can't imagine using a 42"!

Yes, Felling is a one of the most dangerous occupations. even if it's not a 150+ year old fir. Every tree that comes down can ruin lives, kill multiple people and so on. You might even fel a tree without knowing there's an environmentalist in there. People need to start respecting the labor that goes in to what we have. College degrees and arts are not going to keep this country going. My labor day rant is over! Respect the trades. People risk lives every day for a few bucks just so you (not you personally) can complain about wood grain. Oh my. We are "ProfoundlyDisconnected"

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My comparison between the two is not in the material but in how people are reacting to it.

Yeah I was just trolling... Slightly. I just think that when I got my rejected Playfield and saw how awesome they were even with defects I noticed that the art and ink was different leaving a lot of the natural grain of the wood exposed in a lot of areas. I'm not an artist or into graphics but the paint seems less tacky and more like a stain. Leaving the subtleties of the wood there if you look hard enough. I actually thought it looks pretty classy and strong. On the other hand I have not seen every WOZ play field. I just can't imagine how much better they could look especially considering the alternatives. Glad the issue is being resolved between the OP and JJP. Not common to hear from the top guy these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-calling-out-jack-guarnieri?tu=FiveSixPyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.