Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

tomdotcom said:It will NOT be at the Seattle show. But they are still raffling one off there..
Super lame ! I hope this is not the truth. I have a bet that it will not be there ,that was made at the first of the year. I would rather lose the bet and see WOZ .
Jim

Jim,

unfortunately/fortunately it will be. A few are already on a truck from what I heard.

Any particular reason for the angst against the machine? Or is it just the ire of losing a bet?

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Funny how you guys think that a guy that has over hyped, under delivered and fail to make his own time line is somehow going to hit a home run at the last second. Really you think a JJP is going to build a Company, Pinball Operating system and build and game and it's automatically going to be the great machine and have no issues. Really? Plus make it based on a 75 year old theme and make it GREEN! Ya Right, Pass the crack pipe and detox. What are you going to do if the Operating system doesn't work correctly or is loaded with bugs? Think about it! If that game was being beta tested and worked you'd see it! Where is a working game on the JJP Operating system? Ya I know Stern is watching JJP. Stern is busy building and delivering games now. So it's June 4 and you think game will ship in ~30 days?

You are assuming they wrote the operating system which is naive. Chances are its based on a linux platform and they wrote the controllers on top of it. Remember there is Wifi and Audio Out's. Wifi controllers are X86 based and not only would they have to write the Operating system but also write the WiFi stack for that which depending on what card they decide to use would be very difficult (read impossible) in a short timeframe. What they did, mark my words, is use an open source operating system under the covers which would ALREADY have a robust, bootable, driver base for any hardware they wanted to throw at it. They would write the display and interaction software and that's it.

I design/develop operating systems for a living. I can tell you turning out a brand new OS with a single programmer in 18 months would not only be a feat of incredible marvel it would be damn near impossible.

Assuming you could write 4000 lines of bug free code a day.. (that's me and ive got 20 years experience).. The linux kernel alone has 2,900,000 lines of code. That's 725 days working non stop just to get it booting reliably

Guys they aren't writing the operating system from scratch. They can call it JJP-OS-1.0 and thats fine. Its perfectly within the common license to do so. The magic will be in what they build on top of the bootable OS. That's the key and THAT is very doable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-buying-a-woz-and-why-you-should-too?tu=pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.