Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darscot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

One-Cool-Cat-620x413_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks there is way to much stuff on playfields now? If I have to look through 3 ramps, 2 wire forms, behind a couple of buildings and toys to actually see the ball it takes something away for me. I like modern games but sometimes a older, simpler game is just more fun. I can play and enjoy a game better if I can see the ball.

#3 7 years ago

I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
    Agree 100%

#4 7 years ago

I concur. Thats why late eighties stuff is my favorite era of pinball. System 11 games. Even the bally 6803 games everyone else hates on. Great stuff in my opinion.

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like you'd be a Stern Pro fan...

#6 7 years ago

the worst part are those games that look great right out of the box, but then as time goes on and you get ramp trails and plastic hazing, you can't see what's going on.

CftBL and MM, I'm looking at you!!

#7 7 years ago

I like pinball

#8 7 years ago

I agree. While I do like the modern games with all the toys, ramps and flashing LED's there's something to be said for the older games where you can see the ball all the time and the scoring goals are pretty obvious (if it's flashing or blinking shoot at it and knock down the drop targets).

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Sounds like you'd be a Stern Pro fan...

Actually I would rather have your laser cue.

#10 7 years ago

Sorry to disagree, but I prefer fast over the top loud and obnoxious pins. AC DC , Met , IM, ST , GB ...etc. Once you have a feel for the game, I don't lose the ball. More lights , ramps and shots is where its at for me. Those old , clunky pins with a desert of a playfield just doesn't do it for me . Sure the old games have their charm and lets you remember the good ole days, but for me I'll take the new fast modern sterns all day long. Better lights, better sound and plenty to shoot for. I have played all of the older games , but they just don't hold my interest. At least not to have in my collection as space is always a premium. I do enjoy playing them at pin shows or friends houses, but to own ....no thanks.

#11 7 years ago

I still remember the first time I saw the ball disappear behind the backboard on LOTR when you hit the ramp and went through the ring. I have the game now and still really like that part. Agreed that CFTBL can be a bit tough to see through the ramp, but still lovin' mine.

#12 7 years ago

What modern games are we talking about?
    ACDC - can see the ball all day long.
    TRON - clear as day.
    Stern ST - yup, easy to see.
    TF - pretty darn easy
    IM - does it get any easier?
    BBH - ill press my easy button
    Xmen - not bad at all.
    SM: Here's another easy button for you
    TWD: Tough for the first dozen or so game.
    GOTLE - tough to track honestly.
    GOT PRO - besides how fast the ball is, crystal clear to track.
    WOZ - this one i agree is a tough one to track the ball.
    Hobbit - easy peazy
    WNBJM & PABST - EASY

Oh wait, is this another EM Rules thread? There's a difference between ability to track the ball and the actual speed of the ball. Most new modern sterns are fast! but aside from GOTLE (and maybe GB?), the ball is fairly easy to track. Games like MM (#1 on pinside) & TZ (#2 on pinside) are pretty tough to track whats happening at first, but these are our top 2 pins on pinside so i guess they did something right.

#13 7 years ago

Ramps and wireforms. I can do without the toys 100%, but I love multi-level ball travel. Don't know why, but watching that ball glide along the ramp intrigues me......Now if we could just work in a real water feature........lol

#14 7 years ago

Stop jerking off.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Ramps and wireforms. I can do without the toys 100%, but I love multi-level ball travel. Don't know why, but watching that ball glide along the ramp intrigues me......Now if we could just work in a real water feature........lol

Like the 4d theaters that squirt water on you and blow air and stuff?

#16 7 years ago

I see Classic Bally games in your future!

#17 7 years ago

you guys with your fancy pants Pinballs.... i'm all about that foosball....

One-Cool-Cat-620x413_(resized).jpgOne-Cool-Cat-620x413_(resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Here I was hoping this was going to be a thread bashing the use of LEDs in games...nevermind now...carry on.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I like pinball

I like turtles

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Sorry to disagree, but I prefer fast over the top loud and obnoxious pins. AC DC , Met , IM, ST , GB ...etc. Once you have a feel for the game, I don't lose the ball. More lights , ramps and shots is where its at for me. Those old , clunky pins with a desert of a playfield just doesn't do it for me . Sure the old games have their charm and lets you remember the good ole days, but for me I'll take the new fast modern sterns all day long. Better lights, better sound and plenty to shoot for. I have played all of the older games , but they just don't hold my interest. At least not to have in my collection as space is always a premium. I do enjoy playing them at pin shows or friends houses, but to own ....no thanks.

Concur, no need for those stupid App Games to postpone dementia, just slam away with the ones you listed above. Brain stimulation hands down!

#21 7 years ago

The only issue with visibility I have on AC/DC is the right in lane. With the cannon that insert is really hard to see, other than that I don't find it cluttered at all.

I do find PKE hard to see on GB the mod seems to sort it out though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-blind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.