Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by examiner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdonohue13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Ok here it goes. When I was a kid there was a MNF pinball machine in the corner market down the street from where I lived. After I would complete my paper route I would stop in and play a game or two and several times I met my dad there and we would play. So I always had a personal attachment of sorts with this Pin. 6-7 years ago I was looking around on ebay and found this machine within fifty miles of my house for sale and thought it would be awesome to own. My dad had passed away several years before when i was 17 so I had some good memories of it and wanted to own it. I won the pin for like $600. A company in West Lafayette Indiana that supplied Pins to campgrounds and a couple golf course that was going out of business and auctioned them. The pin was in good shape I was told it was in a country club and had just been shopped to be put in a campground when they went under.
    Here is where the problem lies. I bought the pin knowing nothing about how to care for it. I obviously jumped in head first as a naive early twenty something. The only thing I knew or know is how to turn it on and play. Over the years I broke a target or two and opened it up to replace that. And i had a switch go out and had a repairman fix that. I found this site about a month ago when I was comtemplating buying another pin. After reading some articles and posts I am figuring out that I have neglected my pin terribly. I have a couple of questions.
    Having never opened it up for cleaning have I done a lot of permanent damage? If so is it reversible? I have been reading and I am thinking of tearing down the play field, repalcing all of the rubbers, the pinballs themselves and the shooter springs. I am also going to clean the heck out it. Now one thing I dont understand is when tearing it down do you remove the entire playfied from the cabinet? or do you break it down while leaving it in? I was also thinking of adding LEDs but after checking out Marcos I didnt see a kit so how do I guess at what I need. Although changing out those bulbs seems like running before I know how to walk. I dont even know how to clean the machine as of yet. I was only thinking about doing the leds because I figured if I was tearing down the playfield I may as well change bulbs while I was in there. And another question is can I actually do damage by over cleaning? I went over the machine taday and the playfield is really really dirty leading to believe I must tear down the field to clean it the way it needs to be done. Do I clean all of the platics parts with the same cleaner as the playfield? Again while I am and owner of a while I am green when it comes to maintenance. I am sorry for rattling on but I really cherish my machine and want to keep it safe while I am also thinking of expanding my game room. Also am I an idiot for thinking I could handle breaking down the playfield?
    I appreciate any tips and help you can give.
    Thanks
    Ryan

#11 12 years ago

Thanks for all of the help and keep it coming. I so appreciate it. One question as I am looking over the pin. How often do you replace the springs. The opening shot is a skill shot on my game and I have noticed as time has gone on that the doesn't shoot as hard. Is that something that needs to be done after so many plays or so many years or just as needed? Also what about the inside of the cabinet and the inside of the back box? Should those be cleaned out as well?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdonohue13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-an-idiot-but-i-need-some-help?tu=rdonohue13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.