Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
island_ted_F_(resized).jpg
mr__gone_by_egorger_(resized).jpg
pic5_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Hello all.
You may have heard I am currently in the hospital.

The long and short of it is I went on vacation with my family. On day 2 I started to get really sick. I had a high fever. I could not hold any liquid and the fever kept getting higher. I got viral pneumonia.
My wife ended up having to take me to emergency. They placed me in a medically induced coma where I lived for 21 dayss.
When I awoke from my coma last week I could no longer walk. I'm still going through rehab and re learning to walk and chew gum.
I just wanted to let everyone here know I'm on the mend. I will be at pagg. Thank you to all my brothers who sent well wishes. We will talk more at pagg.
Again, I love you all and a side note is I have had lots of time to preach the gospel of the silver ball .
Keep the faith, I will be back stronger than ever. See you all at pagg.

#2 8 years ago

Get well soon!

#3 8 years ago

You're typing! Thats a start! So glad to hear you are on the mend buddy!

#4 8 years ago

Boom! So glad to hear you on the mend. See you soon brother!

#5 8 years ago

My prayers for a fast and full
Recovery.
More Power to the Silver Ball!

#6 8 years ago

I've been in a coma and technically
Dead. You can't kill old mr gone. I did right the ship with a little confession to the man upstairs. Right now my body and soul are clean. I just got to get the little piggies in line. My doctors say its an honest miricle and should be going home next week.

#7 8 years ago

Thats great news!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Boom! So glad to hear you on the mend. See you soon brother!

I had a good sit down with god and we made our peace.
I heard your prayers my brother and thank you for them.

#9 8 years ago

Such a shame there was a TX Sector for sale in Sac for 200$ last week and you were stuck in the hospital

#10 8 years ago

Holy shit balls! Way to side step the reaper! Well done.

#11 8 years ago

Glad to hear you're on the mend. I've enjoyed your posts and am looking forward to meeting you at PAGG!

#12 8 years ago

I knew the tx sector stories would be comin.
Seriously, I believe I'm alive today because of all your good thoughts and prayers. Every doctor here says I should be dead. They can't figure it out.
I keep telling them its this. The love of a great woman. The power of God working through a brotherhood of locals. They all want to start playing pinball.

#13 8 years ago

Thoughts and prayers with you...get back flippin' soon...

#14 8 years ago

I am glad you are better. I was sad to see the market place ads for your two pins pulled. Those were give away prices.

Please keep up the good fight my friend !

LTG : )

#15 8 years ago

Glad your still with us, wish you great luck on your recovery.

#16 8 years ago

You can skip the gum...

Those rehab places are amazing! A buddy had a brain bleed... two weeks after the event nothing worked normally. The rehab had him walking out of there in a month... and after a few more months of OT he was 100%

Get well soon!
faz

#17 8 years ago

Yep. The staff here are amazing. Dedicated professionals that make miricle s happen every day.

#18 8 years ago

Can't wait to see you back at league and/or PAGG (whichever comes first)! Great news!

#19 8 years ago

Tell them to prop you up to a pinball machine and you'll be right as rain. If you can type you can play.
Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

#20 8 years ago

Great news! See you at PAGG!

Todd

#21 8 years ago

Damn it's nice to hear from you buddy!

I'll be happy to see you around and ready to do your dance! Haha.

The silverball church is Alive and well. Take care of yourself. We will be happy to see you when you are able to make it back.

#22 8 years ago

Glad to hear you are recovering! Especially sucks it was during vacation. Hope the therapy has you up and about real soon!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Damn it's nice to hear from you buddy!
I'll be happy to see you around and ready to do your dance! Haha.
The silverball church is Alive and well. Take care of yourself. We will be happy to see you when you are able to make it back.

Brother, all I want right now is to get home. Hit my hot tub, and then do the dance o love. Give you a manly hug and kick your butt on Flash Gordon.

#24 8 years ago

don't know you but my friend, keep kicking ass!

#25 8 years ago

Glad you're alright! That sounds crazy!

#26 8 years ago

Yeah I don't know you either but pray for your better health. Pinball On!

#27 8 years ago

Me, taken today. 40 ish pounds lighter than normal and a beard.

Nothing sheds the pounds like a good medically induced coma.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#28 8 years ago

Never met you but glad the good Lord was watching over you and guiding your many healers hands.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

image_(resized).jpg

No smile? Seriously, love the beard!

#30 8 years ago

Dude keep the beard!

This text came from cassidy after he saw your picture with your beard.

"Tell him I said there are easier ways to get past the itchy beard phase than an induced coma."

#31 8 years ago

I like the beard. Rusty, not so much. But she said do as I want. I'm thinking I might keep it through pin a go go. I have not been smiling alot. I'm very tired after 3-4- hours a day of physical therapy every day. That, and I just. Want to go home and sleep in my bed.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Dude keep the beard!
This text came from cassidy after he saw your picture with your beard.
"Tell him I said there are easier ways to get past the itchy beard phase than an induced coma."

I knew cassady would have a good beard answer. I'm going to keep it through pin a go go just so we have some cool beard pics.
Seriously, this year. My only new goal is to get new people to come out, and I personally want to shake hands, hug everyone
here who kept a good thought for me.

#33 8 years ago

Keep it up dude, the beard looks tough and you are one tough guy for getting through this.

#34 8 years ago

Keep on keeping on Spencer
So happy to see our prayers are helping
Get well , see you at PAGG

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

No smile? Seriously, love the beard!

I like it too! May the Healing Powers of the Gospel of the Silver Ball be on you.

#36 8 years ago

So sorry to hear this but so glad to hear you're on the mend!! I hope I'm not going over the line here saying that you are an undisputed death save MASTER! I agree keep the beard fits you just fine. Best wishes!

#37 8 years ago

How scary! Glad you are feeling better!!

#38 8 years ago

amazing and scary
get well soon
hope you be back at pinballing fast

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I'm very tired after 3-4- hours a day of physical therapy every day. That, and I just. Want to go home and sleep in my bed.

You will go from tired/sad now to super tired/pumped (as you start making progress and you are excited... so you push yourself) to the point where you are super strong and you're wearing out the 28 year old physical therapist and SHE want's to stop. Kinda reminds me of...

faz

btw... love the beard and the Metallica shirt.

#40 8 years ago

Hay,Spencer,Glad your back!! Oh,by the way,when you had your chat with the builder of worlds,did he/she/it, by chance mention what pin he/she/it,happens to like??See you at Dixon,get well soon!

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

So sorry to hear this but so glad to hear you're on the mend!! I hope I'm not going over the line here saying that you are an undisputed death save MASTER! I agree keep the beard fits you just fine. Best wishes!

I have been thinking of a shirt logo. Team laserous.
Death save club.
With the reaper on it. Yes, I can not spell.
It's all good folks. You have to have a sense of humor about it. All.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

image_(resized).jpg

First time I've ever seen a picture of you and must say the beard is working for you...love the T-shirt and it's really working for you! Godspeed with the rehab!

#43 8 years ago

Wow what an amazing story. That's nothing short of miraculous right there. Wishing you well going forward.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

You're typing! Thats a start! So glad to hear you are on the mend buddy!

I'm starting to wonder if it's easy to type when you are IN A FREAKING COMA.

Welcome back, "Mr. Gone"!

-mof

#45 8 years ago

Good to see you back man and sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Me, taken today (in my metallica shirt). 40 ish pounds lighter than normal and a beard.

image_(resized).jpg

Nice shirt choice for a 21-day sleepover !

\m/

-mof

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

image_(resized).jpg

You look a lot younger than I expected. How old are you?

#48 8 years ago

Wow! I didn't know it was that bad. I'm glad you made it through "dead man's curve" and got to a safe place. Take the time to get a tune up, oil change, tires changed, transmission serviced, carpet vacuumed, paint job (if needed) while in the pit. We'll wait, but don't take too long, the race track of life waits for no one. Glad you're on the mend, see you at PAGG.

Steve

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

You look a lot younger than I expected. How old are you?

I'm 50.
Thanks for the kind words.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Wow! I didn't know it was that bad. I'm glad you made it through "dead man's curve" and got to a safe place. Take the time to get a tune up, oil change, tires changed, transmission serviced, carpet vacuumed, paint job (if needed) while in the pit. We'll wait, but don't take too long, the race track of life waits for no one. Glad you're on the mend, see you at PAGG.
Steve

Yup. And remember our rule. No out of state fishing until June.
See u at pagg. Bro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-alive-and-well and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.