IMG_1049 (resized).JPG
IMG_0671 (resized).PNG
IMG_0670 (resized).PNG
IMG_0929 2 (resized).jpg
llama-watches-pinball (resized).jpg
IMG_0927 (resized).JPG
IMG_0926 (resized).JPG
pinball-machine-neon-enamel-pin-lost-lust-supply-back (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I started with an MMR LE. Then within one month I have bought 5 other pins. I need help. I'm spending cash like crazy and I don't know what to do. How do you guys control yourselves?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

You have at least 5 to 10 more to go, and then the true panic sets in about space, money, and if your significant other will kill you, divorce you or accept that you have a very serious illness. Good luck my friend,

My wife doesn't even know I order these machines. She just opens the garage, and Voila a new pinball machine sitting there until I can move it into the basement. She then texts me right away and says "another pinball machine!". I just ignore it. Pretend it doesn't exist.

1 week later
#37 6 years ago

Im the OP and Im still addicted.. you guys haven't helped worth a crap. Ordered a Dialed in CE. Star Wars LE coming anytime now. If they come out with Monster Bash I will take one of those. Maybe a new South Park. Adams family.. yes. Cactus canyon.. yes. What really gets me is your damn comparison posts. This machine vs that machine. Makes me worried, stressed out, can't sleep.. then I end up buying both! I still have my NIB Tron LE that I need to setup. All money gone! All room gone! I wont even let anyone touch my machines, not even my wife. If any of my machines have the smallest scratch.. like i mean you have to look up close.. I get worried! What am I going to do!

#38 6 years ago

Oh! Oh! And I would love a new Back to the Future. that would be awesome. JP do that instead of pirates of the carribean (yawn)

2 weeks later
#43 6 years ago

Im still addicted... I got a Dialed in CE coming, Star Wars LE coming, and I put a downpayment for an Alien LE. No room, no room at all. Don't know what Im going to do with all these machines. Still by far my favorite is still MMR. Get my Tron LE HUO next week... like the music. I really really hope they dont come out with anything good for a while. Paying 9000 + for a pinball machine certainly has burned a hole in my wallet.. but stock market overall down anyways. I sold most of my holdings and paid off my mortgage. Why not buy pinball machines. I don't even know how to maintain them.. bought this pinball millwax stuff from amazon, guess I'll try that.

#46 6 years ago

I have a system down so my wife doesn't find out for the most part. I leave one pinball box intact in the garage. That way she thinks I'm holding it there to sell it later . When a new machine comes I just replace it, so my wife thinks there is still one box there. The other machine I wheel it down to my walk out basement and set it up in a room she barely goes in. I did it before when my wife was sleeping. Didn't even know the delivery truck came and went and I already set it up within 15-20 mins in basement. She woke up and it looks like nothjng ever happened ! Awesome !

#49 6 years ago

No im serial. She doesn't know. She played one game and got bored. So they are all mine ! My brother in law came and played a game but after he played the buttons felt weird so I didn't let him play anymore. Maybe he pressed too hard or something. We share same finances im the main investor .

#52 6 years ago

Yeah I dont know after my brother in law played my MMR, the buttons felt "weird" like more stuck or something. I didnt like it, so I turned off all the machines, and told him lets go upstairs. No more. Im actually excited about Star Wars LE and my Alien. The clip scenes, and sound effects look awesome.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nothing more awesome than a game room full of games that no one gets to play.......Not

What do you mean? I get to play them. I almost got to the last castle on MMR. All in the piece of my very own game room. You guys are welcome to come, but I would need you to do some work.. like install LEDs in my TSPP or cliffy protectors.. because I dont know how to do that stuff.

#57 6 years ago

I think I will get an Adams Family too.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Don't waste your time with millwax, wizards shine master is where it's at, and there is no silicone in wizards shine master wax.

So can i use this stuff on everything in the playfield? Like all surfaces, or no? And can I only use this product by itself?
Thanks

#69 6 years ago

Got my tron huo le coming Thursday I think Star Wars le shipping next week !

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Pics or none of this is true

For sure! I usually post them in the what you brought home section

#74 6 years ago

Do you guys not see my profile or something? I already showed some of my machines. Man this club is hard to get into. Its like the tree house where I have to say some password to get in.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Everything

Hobbit has 2500 plays on it, didn't mean to upload junkyard

THanks for the info, I ordered a bottle from Amazon. I will try it

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its a sickness, you lose sleep, it never closes. Open all night pinball madness. They do breed like rabbits. If you put an Addams next to a funhouse, wait a couple months, a Dialed in pops out!

Yes I am really looking for an Addams family that is the main game I used to play when I was a teenager. Spent tons of quarters. I just want a really good quality one.

#80 6 years ago

Then thats going to cost you 6-7 k. Or go gold for 10k.

Im hoping one day they make a remake.. my MMR LE remake is awesome.

#83 6 years ago

Thats not going to happen. The moat complicated license in pinball. To many hands in the pot, actors, studio's, etc..
With 22 thousand units, also very unlikely to remake.
But i do hope for cactus canyon and monster bash.

Yeah there are tons of Adams family out there. But I would easily buy both CC and MB

#89 6 years ago

Look at my profile, those are three of my machines. I can take Star Trek LE photo if you want. My Tron HUO LE is coming Thursday.. i'll post photo. Just got the email, Star Wars LE shipping Tuesday!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Didn't you already say you have a NIB Tron LE? And now another one is coming? Totally call BS. And all the bragging about how expensive your shit is and how nobody is allowed to play them and how lying to your wife is cool etc... etc... troll or not, you kind of suck. I certainly did my best to not come across like this as a new guy, and I certainly hope other new guys don't think this is an acceptable way to act. Peace.

Haha you guys are funny. I sold the NIB Tron Le and used those funds to buy the LE HUO. I guess you won't be coming over to play anytime soon?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

And send a picture of your wife, I don't believe you have one.

Haha.. hilarious. N

Quoted from jackofdiamonds:You started with MMR!!!
Amateur
You have no idea

I love MMR ! Don't be hating now. I just happened to look online one day and saw they remade it, thats when all this chaos started. Ill post pics of my Tron HUO LE when it comes Thursday.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Didn't you already say you have a NIB Tron LE? And now another one is coming? Totally call BS. And all the bragging about how expensive your shit is and how nobody is allowed to play them and how lying to your wife is cool etc... etc... troll or not, you kind of suck. I certainly did my best to not come across like this as a new guy, and I certainly hope other new guys don't think this is an acceptable way to act. Peace.

And I never once bragged about how much I spend.. I just said Im addicted to pinball, read the thread heading!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

ok, this is the point where I drain this thread. Bye bye

Bye. Heres my STLE . Its ok, I still love MMR

IMG_0849 (resized).jpgIMG_0849 (resized).jpg

#102 6 years ago

Im now addicted to mods.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why not show all of the games that WackyBrakke asked you to? Oh I know, because you're lying!

Which ones? I already posted STLE. Simpsons, MM, and TWD are on my profile. SWLE comes next week, Tron HUO comes next week, Dialed in CE hasn't even shipped yet, and Alien LE hasn't shipped yet either. So what do you guys want?

#114 6 years ago

Got my Tron LE HUO on the way today! Will post pics soon supposed to come by 4!. Anyone in the area, welcome to play except : GorillaBiscuits, and Jeffspinballpalace. You guys are never welcome in my home.

Pics coming soon!

#116 6 years ago

Tron HUO LE delivered... but I wasn't home to accept delivery and they unpacked it and left it on the ground! Im so worried.. I wont be able to sleep if there is any damage!

IMG_0911 (resized).jpegIMG_0911 (resized).jpeg

#118 6 years ago

My favorite part is trying to get it in my walk out basement, more pics to come! Maybe itll help someone move their pins like I do mine!

#119 6 years ago

Ok so posted are my pics! First I lifted the machine on its end. Bad mistake! I forgot to support the head, so it crashed into the ground! But luckily no damage! Then I placed it on my hand truck. one from amazon is very hand. Used some elastic cords to support it then, wheeled it down the hill into my backyard. Also flipped on its side once, but no problems. Then I wheeled it into my basement, and used this ottoman as a support. But to my sadness, when I turned it on it would keep resetting and the DMD was all garbled. With some help from the seller, we isolated a cable, that had to be pushed in and viola!

IMG_0867 2 (resized).jpgIMG_0867 2 (resized).jpg

IMG_0866 2 (resized).jpgIMG_0866 2 (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I guess you can only buy pins 3 to 4 months a year when you live in snow county. Or do you snow blow a path and go for it?

Well so far I have only bought pins in summer hopefully won't hAve to deal with that

#125 6 years ago

When I first turned it on it was all garbled and kept resetting! I was so sad. But the seller said check every connection so I did. Kept pressing here and there. Eventually I think I found out it was the outlet itself! Just FYI if anyone ever has same issue.. check your power cord and the outlet! Getting ready for my SWLE to come Wednesday! YES!

52470631862__26085FAC-DD3A-482A-89F2-67B8942BC069 (resized).jpeg52470631862__26085FAC-DD3A-482A-89F2-67B8942BC069 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#129 6 years ago

Well I finally got my Star Wars LE today. First one was damaged and refused shipment. I also got my 77" Oled TV, but I didn't trust this guy to unbox it so refused that too. Offroaded the Star Wars.. went really well. Now Im scared what will happen when I get my Dialed IN, I heard it weighs a ton!?

IMG_0916 (resized).jpgIMG_0916 (resized).jpg

IMG_0915 (resized).jpgIMG_0915 (resized).jpg

IMG_0914 (resized).jpgIMG_0914 (resized).jpg

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not sure if someone asked this yet but, where the hell did you get that dolly??

Amazon my man, it only cost me 100.00. Allows me to transport the pinball myself. I unpack it, slip it under the back side and push it back until it falls on all four wheels, then Im good to guy, no need for help. Wheel it down the side of my house, put it in my walk out basement and use an old ottoman to help me lift it to put the legs on. Works great.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You really should take some time to enjoy new games. I like it when I get a new game and figure out all the rules and features. Also like upgrading a machine and then play it for a while again, like tron, you need the colordmd and speaker upgrade, especially the sound is great with the upgrade or external Sub.

I think your right I need to slow it up a bit and enjoy what I got. If anyone wants to come play,let me know. I just need some help putting in cliffys and maybe redoing a couple cabinet decals if anyone can help
Thanks

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Wait don't you have all new pins other than simpsons?? What are you decaling? That's not a trivial process if your wanting to do it right.

My Star Wars LE and StlE had some mild decal damage. very mild, but it still bothers me.. remember I like my machines with no scratches. What should I do!? One of the other guys on this forum said take off the old decal, use some alcohol clean up the glue, and then use wet method with some mild soap/water spray, then align and apply. Squeeze out the water. I think I can do this

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Trust me....you cant!

Can you elaborate ? Why not ? very hard ?

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

I'm the founding member of P.A... pinball anonymous and since you admitted your problem that's the first step towards recovery. Let me offer you assistance in your next step... I'll take one pin from your collection to help you along your path to normal life. It's just that i care... I'm not only the founder I'm a member but I'd rather help others than myself! I'll be awaiting your pin...i mean response.. thx

Sure you can come pick it up, but before you go, you have to help me with two decals and install cliffy's.

pinball-machine-neon-enamel-pin-lost-lust-supply-back (resized).jpgpinball-machine-neon-enamel-pin-lost-lust-supply-back (resized).jpg

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! I've watched decal's being put on and it ain't easy!! Especially since you're like me and can fix nothing!

Oh man, I thought it would be easy!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Shouldn't you be scared of all that UV sunlight hitting your games?

I dont know should I be?

#149 6 years ago

Ok I will close the blinds

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

There are a few choices. UV window tint, not sure how effective it is. Keeping the blinds closed during the day. Or covers for the pins that protect the cabinet and back box decals.

Hmm. didn't realize sunlight was a big issue. Does it just fade the cabinet or something else?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The decals will fade the fastest. Losing the Reds and Oranges first, It will happen gradually. If direct sunlight is getting to the Playfield Plastics, and other plastics, they to will fade too.

Crap man, crap.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Getting the decals off is a pain -- and it's really really easy to screw up application of new ones. Not worth it at all on a brand new pin -- esp. if you don't have experience with working on pins or doing decaling.

Removing was actually really easy I don't think I'll have a hard time
Putting a new one on if it was this easy removing it

IMG_0926 (resized).JPGIMG_0926 (resized).JPG

IMG_0927 (resized).JPGIMG_0927 (resized).JPG

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

can't believe you pulled the decals off a brand new game. why even take it out of the box?

It was actually pretty easy. Others on the forum just said its a giant sticker.. they were right. I removed it, and here it is when I put it back on. Took a while because had to squeeze it on right, but it works just fine. I'll wait for my new decal since the original one has that missing section (bothers me!)

IMG_0929 2 (resized).jpgIMG_0929 2 (resized).jpg

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

can't believe you pulled the decals off a brand new game. why even take it out of the box?

it was damaged

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

should have asked them to send you the vader sticker instead .
I always knew Llamas were cool.

I know! That would be so much better then chewbacca

1 week later
#178 6 years ago

Hey guys Im getting my Dialed In CE shipped soon. Do any of you know if the width of the machine is any bigger then sterns? Is it it heavier? Im trying to figure out if I can even get through the walk out basement door. If a stern can fit, can the JJP?

Thanks
mO!

#182 6 years ago

Man I have no idea how I am going to get it in my walk out basement. Guess I have to take the sliding door off the hinges.. and then it should squeeze in.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

How big is your opening?

Ill have to measure it when I get home, I may just pay extra for in home setup. Hey do you guys use those playfield protectors??? Do you recommend them?

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

How big is your opening?

Looks like I barely got 29.5 inches. Should just squeeze through. Im probably just going to pay for inside setup/delivery

#189 6 years ago

Hey guys, I bought this wax stuff that someone else recommended from this forum . How often do you guys recommend waxing the playfield? Every 300 plays? Also what about changing balls? Every year?
Thanks

#191 6 years ago

My Dialed in CE being shipped tomm. Im excited, but I think Im dead meat. My wife finds out about this one.. I dont know what will happen. I keep telling her my games only cost 3000-4000. She believes me so far.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just tell her your using money you made on that Tron LE you sold

Thats exactly what I said when I got my Star Trek. Then when I got my Star Wars, and then I got my Tron LE HUO. I think those funds only lasted so long

2 weeks later
#198 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

How big is your opening?

Just got my Dialed in CE yesterday. Fit through barely. Man they packed that game great, and the sides had plastic wrap to protect it. Best art I have seen. Far superior quality then any of my Sterns. My first JJP, definitely not the last!

4 weeks later
#200 6 years ago

Finally got my TAF. Needs a little bit elbow crease, but looks fantastic.

IMG_1049 (resized).JPGIMG_1049 (resized).JPG

IMG_1055 (resized).JPGIMG_1055 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from corvettepinner:

Well......we're waiting! Favorite pin so far?

Sorry for late reply, have been working on getting my TAF fixed. All my pins are awesome, I love them. My top favorite is MMR LE, can't get enough of that. Star Wars is up there, but its freaking hard. For complexity Dialed in LE is the one.. so much going on.

Now to make room for AFMR LE and Alien LE.. I hope they don't ship them anytime soon, Im overwhelmed.

1 month later
#213 6 years ago

Finally got my amfr le. Man these remakes are killer

2A274F7E-9DE1-42CC-821A-B36496130EDB (resized).jpeg2A274F7E-9DE1-42CC-821A-B36496130EDB (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#215 6 years ago

It's been over a month - any new games or sales?

I have an Alien LE on order.. but I really want to sell my TWD LE. Anyone interested let me know

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why do you want to sell TWD? That's the best game that you have!

Really? Man I thought my MMR LE or my AFMR LE is much better then TWD. I may also consider selling my dialed in collector edition at some point.. awesome machine, but I enjoy my other games more.

#220 6 years ago

I have to say this is the greatest local private collection I have seen! How is the wife doing with it?!

She hates it little does she know how much actual money I put into it. I told her one of them was 3000.00 and I won the afmr le in a raffle when I bought dialed in . She believes me so far

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-addicted-to-pinball-and-need-help?tu=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.