(Topic ID: 132552)

I'm absolutely livid over this experience..Am I over reacting...

By sparechange1974

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_1.jpg
funny.jpg
the-fat-lady-sings.jpeg
dead-horse.gif
torches.jpg
Dickpunch.jpg
wizard.gif
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 8 years ago

So picked up my first NIB game a couple weeks ago and it was a lot of money. The game arrived without a hitch. I got it set up and went through the initial adjustments. I noticed the ramps were cracked up by the screw heads so I turned in a support ticket. I also noticed a molding that holds the glass had a little mark in it. I was really bummed out, but I figured it will be covered since the ramp was cracked while the game was being built and ramps screwed down to tight so I turned in a support ticket. A couple weeks later I get a response. Basically, I'm being told that since its only cosmetic and it doesn't effect the functionality of the game its not covered. Despite that it was cracked during the manufacturing process. I've tried to reason with them and by this logic if the play field was scratched by the manufacturing process that wouldn't be covered either. Anyway, I love the game but I am so pissed that this company can't stand behind what they broke. Peed off enough that I'm considering getting rid of the game(two weeks old) and never doing business with this company again. If they can't stand behind a cheap plastic ramp, whats gonna happen on a real issue? I don't feel I should have to be on my hands and knees begging like I am, to get something covered that shouldn't have been sent to me broke in the first place. They have said this is fairly normal to have the ramps cracked up by the screw heads(even on a new game)

Anyway, I do love the game and clearly I'm upset right now as a matter of principle. Is it normal to have cracked ramps on NIB games(it bugs the heck out of me)? This is just not the first time buyer NIB experience I wanted to have .

Considering its a NIB game, am I over reacting on this?

IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

So, it took 2 weeks to get a response to your support ticket?

To be fair, I've gotten rock solid support(quick response) on the rest of my issues/set up advise, just cosmetic ones that were not responded to very well.

#19 8 years ago

Its a RR

Quoted from Sidekick74:The tornado is a mod and does not come with WOZ out of the box. I'm hoping the cracks were pre-mod addition.
tim

It actually came with the Tornado. Its a RRLE75th.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Pretty obvious the game/manufacturer and I'm not surprised in the slightest. I am surprised that anyone would still buy one of these NIB when there are so many up for sale in "like new" condition (including my own) but I suppose if maybe you were hoping the warranty was worth it?

I actually passed a WOZ LE Emeral City that was listed for $7200 that was 45 minutes away from me partly because of the warranty on the NIB.

#46 8 years ago

Thanks for all the responses. I do want to clarify. I wasn't "livid" until I got the response back that they wouldn't cover the ramp even after acknowledging at likely happened at the factory. Things do happen and I'm a very reasonable guy(most of the time) and willing to work through the issues. Considering the price point and reasons for buying new it sounds like I wouldn't be the only one that was disappointed by the response I received. I will reach out to Jack after I cool off and hopefully he'll make it right. I did try to work with them and I needed some perspective which is why I posted here.

As much as I'm not real impressed(not by the broken ramp), but by the grind fest in trying to get them to cover issues in the manufacturing process. Believe it or not, I'm glad they are in business as they have really stepped up the game on the technological side of things which gives all of us better products down the line with competitors. I can't say that I will keep my machine or buy another from them at this point, but hopefully they'll get some process's in place to make sure things like this don't happen in the first place and when things do break(which is gonna happen) hopefully they won't put customers like me though hell for something that is fairly small in the big picture.Nothing worse than pissing a guy off that's in the middle of building a collection(especially over a cheap plastic ramp) Seems like the ramps issues could be fixed with using washers in the first place and if they break sometimes or crack, fix them before they go out. Don't make the customer the final quality check.

After all of this, as most seem to understand it's not about the cracks in the ramps, its about the handling of the issue. I do appreciate the outside perspective.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

2 weeks? Wow that is so unusual. Did you try to contact LTG directly? He said that the ticketing system is flawed.

Lloyd has been awesome and always gotten back to me right away. I was using the online support system and the person(not Lloyd) on had to run it up the flag pole(it was two weeks and no response) so I went back on there to ask if the ramp was in the mail and they got back to me right away.

#117 8 years ago

**Game is sold pending pick up**. This was an expensive lesson for me about customer service. This started off as some spider cracks in a ramp which were no big deal and turned into(after a few exchanges with Frank) me being really down on the company and selling my game. Once you lose confidence in how a company is going to treat you after they have your money, its not a good thing for future business on new products. The thing is, its actually a really cool game and short of this latest experience hasn't been a bad. All companies and Pinball machines will have problems from what I've been reading. Its not about that, its about how they are handled. This post was never to bash on JJP( the game and game play are great), only to get perspective on how they handled a problem with me and it sounds like they made a mistake and neither myself or JJP will win on this one..bummer..(the only one that did win is the buy who got my game)

After spending the kind of money i did, I don't think I should have to come crawling to Jack on my hands and knees begging for warranty work on something that was busted in the manufacturing process and should have been covered. I didn't go through the person I bought it from, I went right to JJP for an answer. I think if there guy wouldn't have made it seem like I was being ridiculous and like my standards were way to high things might have been different and yes, **I might have even been okay if they sent me a repair kit or red stickers**but to tell me that the price would be way to have if everyone expected perfects pins and make other comments is ridiculous. I thought $9000.00 was high, but I'm not made of money.

Heck who knows maybe I'll stop being upset by next week and wish I had the game back. It may just be my time of the month. I'm sure they will get it figured out over there.

#149 8 years ago

**Just a quick update** Jack has reached out and said that he would make things right. Say what you will, but that means a lot to me that he would take time out of his day to try to resolve. I'm don't think I'm going to take them up on it, but I appreciate the thoght.***

This was never about some little spider cracks in a ramp. This is never about JJP being a bad company or making a bad game. I think they have some amazing talent(support), amazing games, and amazing distributors from my experience.

When I bought into the WOZ NIB experience, In my mind I bought into a relation ship and a trust that they will work with me on issues and cover them or provide solutions in a reasonable manner and we would work together on repairs. Lets face it, the price does matter. No one said it the machine would be flawless , but I had a fair expectation that I would work with them to resolve issues that were concerns for me. When I went through the proper channels and the responses made the situation worse I lost my confidence in the relationship and I felt they broke my trust, so I chose to end it. The logic was if you're going to give me this hard of a time over little ramp cracks whats coming down the line. Over reaction, maybe I'll never know.

This Pin will not be the first NIB to have spider cracks on the ramps or the last, or the first Pin to have some little thing going on here or there. That's Pinball. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. While I was frustrated over the situation and my experience. I'm glad JJP is in business as they really have upped the Pinball game. I wish them and there network all the best! I never meant for this to be a bashing session(or for this thread to get so out of hand), I really just was looking for perspective on if my expectations were set to high(wouldn't be the first time I was wrong) which apparently they were not. I'm really not that guy that goes crying online everytime something doesn't go the way I want it to. The game really is high quality and fun to play, they just need to take a more pro active approach on customer handling and realize its a relationship and its tough to undo the damage after the bell has been rung. After Jack reached out, I changed my outlook from not ever again to I may consider a JJP NIB pinball sometime in my future

#151 8 years ago

Lloyd was one of the deciding factors on buying the game. I'm fortunate enough to have him locally and he's awesome. JJP should give this man a big raise!I didn't work with LLoyd on this problem, I worked with Frank and I'm sure he's great as well, we just didn't come to terms on this issue. I don't think its his fault, he's was just passing down a decision from above.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparechange1974.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-absolutely-livid-over-this-experienceam-i-over-reacting?tu=sparechange1974 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.