(Topic ID: 132552)

I'm absolutely livid over this experience..Am I over reacting...

By sparechange1974

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_1.jpg
funny.jpg
the-fat-lady-sings.jpeg
dead-horse.gif
torches.jpg
Dickpunch.jpg
wizard.gif
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#247 8 years ago

Pins perfect from factory is a myth. Ain't happening. There will be cosmetic damage and play issues out of the box. It's just a matter of having the patience to set the game up correctly so it plays right and letting minor cosmetic stuff go. If you look real hard you'll find something.

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Unacceptable, period. Patience has nothing to do with it, its new, it should look so. If the inspection process fails, they should replace the parts asap. Its your kind of attitude that lead to these companies not giving a shit. This thread is proof that MANY people really care, and go as far as to sell the machine.
On a $100 or $9000 machine, "letting the minor cosmetic stuff go", isn't an option for me or almost everyone else.

All good and I hear you but also fantasy island. Sorry. Just the way it is. Cars don't leave lot cosmetically perfect. Major $$ stainless steel appliances don't come out of box perfect. Trust me I've been there. Doesn't make me happy and I wish people gave a shit but they simply don't. Best you can do is negotiate a monetary adjustment that you can live with and move on.

#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At less than a grand, I really don't care too much. When I am paying 9K, it better be damn close to perfect.

Mike is right. Damn close. Some tiny stress fractures are nothing. Completely cracked ramp is something else.

#255 8 years ago

Too anal. Live life like that and you'll die of a heart attack by 50. More important things like health and family to worry about. But that's just me. And by the way, if it was only those tiny hairlines in original pic and everything else is good, that is near perfect.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Your right, we should all just let the little things slide. That way we don't have heart attacks and the companies can continue to make sub-par items and offer horrible service.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Live your life like you want. I don't give a crap. Companies still going to put out shit cuz people like you. You want what you buy to be excellent/perfect but go to work and spend all day on pinside resulting in a lesser product than the consumer deserves that's output. Face it, you are the problem as well as everyone else expecting perfection. Ask yourself I'd you are all being hypocrites.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#259 8 years ago

Live your life like you want. I don't give a crap. Companies are still going to put out flawed products because of people like some of you guys. You want what you buy to be excellent/perfect but go to work and spend all day on pinside resulting in a lesser product output/produced or sevice rendered than the consumer deserves. Face it, some of you are the problem as well as everyone else expecting perfection but not doing their own job /work perfect. Ask yourself if you are being hypocritical. This is what America is turning into unfortunately. I buy products that aren't perfect, my contractors aren't perfect, services rendered aren't perfect. I'm not going to fight anyone anymore. Too consuming. I have learned to tolerate the little things or else I'd be up to my head with all this nonsense of these unattainable expectations of perfection. Economies, especially the U.S., are now built for everything to be less to far less than perfect so the the consumer can buy and buy again.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Welcome to the new and improved, friendlier Pinside.

Lol. Only things that come out perfect are the things I do myself. No one else is going to pay attention to detail if they aren't the one ending up with said product/sevice

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

What the hell are you talking about? I go to work everyday and bust my ass to be 200% or more efficient. When I spend my money I expect a A+ product and A+ service, especially on a $9k fun hobby machine. Just because you have decided the world isn't perfect, doesn't mean we all have to fall in line.

Yeah - go change the world my friend. It's not happening. Fall in line or live life with a ton of stress and disappointment. Good for you that you go above and beyond. I wish I could buy your services or products. Unfortunately the vast majority of workers don't fall into your category and therefore we get what we get, imperfect products/services. You think some kid working at JJP or stern cares? They make 10 bucks an hour. Poverty level wages. I live in NJ and have seen the crew at JJP. Reminds me of what we called the burnouts back in HS. Folks need to get a grip on reality. Your euphoria doesn't exist.

#273 8 years ago

People won't do quality work unless they are vested. Simple fact. Some of you guys are really delusional. Not trying to put anyone down. Just stating facts. There are a million parts of a pinball machine. Like I said, some tiny hairlines in few screw locations is nothing. So therefore I am essentially saying the machine is/was fine. I consider that pretty good considering the workers are probably clearing $16,000 bucks a year after taxes and trying to live in NJ which is one of the most expensive states in the country.

#277 8 years ago

Jim I agree with your posts regarding how JJP could've handled the situation but that's not my point. with the exception of the mustang above that was mechanically and cosmetically flawless out the box ( ) , I'm sure every pin has needed a tweak or had a cosmetic flaw when removed from box. I know mine all did. Only thing that can be physically perfect in this world is a diamond and that perfection costs a bundle. Way more than $9,000. I know $9,000 is a lot to some but in reality it is nothing. And by the way, I would love to know how that flawed $40,000 car was exchanged for a new one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saveleaningtower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-absolutely-livid-over-this-experienceam-i-over-reacting?tu=saveleaningtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.