(Topic ID: 132552)

I'm absolutely livid over this experience..Am I over reacting...

By sparechange1974

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_1.jpg
funny.jpg
the-fat-lady-sings.jpeg
dead-horse.gif
torches.jpg
Dickpunch.jpg
wizard.gif
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Then they need to stop marketing to the home and putting plaques and numbering LE. Once the manufacturers went down this route and started marketing them as collectibles, they are collectibles.
If this was the 90's and it was being set up for a route, then the it "is just a pin" perspective works. Operators would not complain about this, collectors do. A manufacturer charges 9000 for a home use collectible, a premium price for a "Limited Edition", they need to service the market they created. These are being sold to cross over collectors, hence the "75th Anniversary Ruby Red Edition".
By picking WOZ as a theme, they purposely were trying to tap into the collectibles market.

well stated. it's a 9 f'n thousand dollar game. 9,000.00. I don't care how numb anyone is to the pin market/experience. If you buy a game for the same price you can get a reliable car for, and it's brand new, it should be flawless. "it's just cosmetic and doesn't affect gameplay" really? they should be thankful he is being this nice and even more thankful it wasn't me.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

u livid bro?

hahahaha awesome

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

9k for a reliable car? Shit, you can 2 or 3 cars for 9k. I just bought the wife a very nice used car that practically looks and drives like new, and it cost 3800. Since i've been looking at cars. I've seen 3 jaguars 2001, 2003 and 2004. All for $2900, 3200, and 3700 with fairly low miles and very nice looking. that's damn near what that pin cost.

Likely all x-types. Ford Contours with damn nice trim package for the day. good cars but pay the money to have an expert inspect them (if you are not one) and have them focus their attention on potential transmission and electrical issues.

#177 8 years ago

<blockquote cite="
I can assure you neither Stern nor JJP quality inspection includes magnifying screw heads looking for fractures...and still won't after this thread.

they should, it's 9 thousand dollars. do you think that there's 9 ,000 dollars worth of r&d, marketing, parts and labor in that game? if they cant do better qc then they should state in the marketing that the machines may or may not have cosmetic issues and that they are not responsible as long as they don't affect gameplay. well that or offer a cosmetically flawlesss (CF) edition for xxx more. Pretty sure that would set proper expectations. Also pretty sure it would turn away all the perfectionists out there

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

not just yet. this hasn't happened yet
dead-horse.gif

thats awesome...

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Let me get this right...
Original post made yesterday.
Machine was sold within a couple of hours
Jack calls within 24 hrs of the original post to make things right.
Pinsiders continue to bash JJP.
Clearly the OP was frustrated, and I understand his point about the customer service breakdowns along the way. But to sell a machine within a couple of weeks does seem extreme. Feels like this was in the works prior to the original post too.
We have all had bad customer customer service experiences, so this is not unique to JPP. Usually these events don't end as well as this one did. I have never had the president of a company call me to make things right.
We don't know if Jack called because of these post, or because it was finally escalated internally. It doesn't really matter, he's trying to make it right.

at the end he did make it right and that does matter however the initial response from the factory is still what's being questioned on all this point/counterpoint discussion in my opinion. I don't think livid is an overreaction to the response from the factory and I don't think he was livid (at/with?) the ramps.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Too anal. Live life like that and you'll die of a heart attack by 50. More important things like health and family to worry about. But that's just me. And by the way, if it was only those tiny hairlines in original pic and everything else is good, that is near perfect.

I'm sure the guy who designed this concurs with your assessment mr leaning tower...images (1).jpgimages (1).jpg

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can't believe this thread is still alive.
Go BILLS!!!

"we're gonna build a bully" lol. first incognito now kromer punching kids in the face. rex wasn't kidding. GO BILLS

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-absolutely-livid-over-this-experienceam-i-over-reacting?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.