(Topic ID: 132552)

I'm absolutely livid over this experience..Am I over reacting...

By sparechange1974

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 288 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images_1.jpg
funny.jpg
the-fat-lady-sings.jpeg
dead-horse.gif
torches.jpg
Dickpunch.jpg
wizard.gif
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#143 8 years ago

While I can sympathize with the OP's experience, I think selling the machine on principle was actually a bad move. He cut his nose off to spite his face and denied himself the enjoyment of owning a great machine.

One of the things I've learned while doing my first restoration is that there is no such thing as perfect in pinball. If you want to find perfect the closest you'll come is HEP...which is why people say it's better than NIB. But that'll cost you 7-10k extra to get that kind of quality. And I've never heard anybody complain about those prices.

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

While I probably wouldn't have done it myself, I have a lot of respect for someone who actually ACTS (in this case- selling his machine) rather than compromise his principles.... Most people just bitch and complain.
He probably lost some $$$& on it too.... Acting on principle (rather than chasing a buck) ... A lesson I think the manufacturer could take to heart as well.
Btw, I don't think he was searching for "perfect pinball." I think he was far more "livid" with his treatment (after spending $9k ) than he was with the actual damage.
Oh well, A very wise man once said, "when you invest in startup pinball, you get what you deserve."

Point taken. I can't defend the treatment. I just would have played the hell out of it first if I was going to lose money on it anyway.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Let me get this right...
Original post made yesterday.
Machine was sold within a couple of hours
Jack calls within 24 hrs of the original post to make things right.
Pinsiders continue to bash JJP.

Welcome to Pinside.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Live your life like you want. I don't give a crap. Companies still going to put out shit cuz people like you. You want what you buy to be excellent/perfect but go to work and spend all day on pinside resulting in a lesser product than the consumer deserves that's output. Face it, you are the problem as well as everyone else expecting perfection.

Welcome to the new and improved, friendlier Pinside.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I think this statement is really uncalled for. Have you considered that these "burnouts" might be reading your post? Did you speak to any of them? What exactly is it that qualifies someone to be called a burnout?
I think it's really poor taste to post such a comment in an online forum - especially when it concerns the people working in a factory all day. Do you expect them to smile all day long? Do you smile at work all day long? Sorry but this kind of superior attitude really bugs me.

This is why Robin likes me. I know I'm no better than anybody else...and in most cases, probably worse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-absolutely-livid-over-this-experienceam-i-over-reacting?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.