(Topic ID: 134153)

I'm in the Bulbaholic Anonymous Club...who else wants to admit it?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fire.jpg
    20150727_114615.jpg
    20150727_114551.jpg
    IMGA0969.jpg
    IMGA0965.jpg
    IMGA0960.jpg
    IMGA0966.jpg
    IMGA0958.jpg
    2015-07-26_18.23.07.jpg
    2015-07-08_16.55.18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 8 years ago

If you guys want to save some money on bulbs, I have been buying bulk from China from a few years and the bulbs are fantastic. Last year the seller went to Ali, and I no longer buy in bulk from him directly(I do it through Ali now). I was buying in bulk for myself, and passing the same savings on to the local collectors so we could share the costs, as I have no need for 1 million leds...LOL... To date, I have spent about 10k with this seller.

So here are some links for tried and true excellent bulbs I can confirm work great and have pretty much have zero failures with.... The only caveat is stay away from Purple- they are super dim, the rest are excellent.

Also note, shipping is indeed free, but if you want it faster, use DHL.... Order a minimum of four different bags, and the seller will send it to you via DHL for free (just ask him to).

Capless-
    555- DC (directional, spin them 180 if they don't work- You can also get them in AC for a few cents more)
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-Car-lighting-T10-1SMD-5050-LED-auto-bulb/343213755.html

47- AC (work in any orientation)
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-BA9S-1-SMD-5050-LED-bulb-AC6-3v-For-pinball/1288736868.html

Sellers Main Store with tons of other different options (including frosted, clear, etc.)-
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/104263

Trust me guys, these are good quality bulbs that have low failure rates. I am not telling you to cut out the other guys, I use Comet for smaller specific purchases that I cant get in bulk, and there is a ton of variety out there.....

BUT if you are buying in bulk in general, you may want to think twice about paying higher prices for the same bulbs.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

I've noticed a lot of those Chinese re-sellers are picking up on the pinball use for the product. The real challenge is to find an actual parts broker. I've used North American brokers to source parts factory direct before, and that's who you want to find for the real cost savings.

The guy I linked to at Ali was someone I contacted directly from a guy that gave me his info at a car show. I told him what I wanted to do and he started making all of these bulbs for me. It wasn't until the end of last year he put them on Ali.... The funny thing is that if you don't like his price, just tell him what you want to pay and he usually changes it. The double and triple SMDs on his store link he was offering me for the exact same price as the large singles. he just came down on the single SMDs quite a bit, they used to be a lot more.

Again, this is a hobby for me, and as such, some of the fun for me is being resourceful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-a-bulbaholicwho-else-wants-to-admit-it?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.