(Topic ID: 134153)

I'm in the Bulbaholic Anonymous Club...who else wants to admit it?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fire.jpg
    20150727_114615.jpg
    20150727_114551.jpg
    IMGA0969.jpg
    IMGA0965.jpg
    IMGA0960.jpg
    IMGA0966.jpg
    IMGA0958.jpg
    2015-07-26_18.23.07.jpg
    2015-07-08_16.55.18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

Just so much to consider. For example, on the orders we place we are paying $400 in shipping (huge orders so its heavy). Then there is worker time, building to house all the LEDs, carrying a selection of 9 colors per style in two base styles and two domes for us alone etc. Comes out to be stocking 100,000's+ of bulbs to meet demands. However, if you know precisely what you want you may save a few bucks for sure, especially if just want a select amount of colors.

Although, markup isn't too insane in my opinion. For comparisons sake....

The big 5050 SMD in a frosted/clear dome is a common bulb(called a super with no cap):

$1.09 from Cointaker. I know they have a pinside code for ~15% off making them $.92 cents
    $1.09 from Nifty
    $.69 cents from CometPinball
    $.75 from us at PinballBulbs, but $.63 cents when using code '15off' and buying more than 100 bulbs of any type $.67 when using code 'pinside' and buying in any amount big or small. I'm also happy to discuss even further discounts when buying in larger bulk, for example.

All these are also non-polarized so none of that cheap mess to worry with. When broken down and having the ability to order in a wide selection without having to order in the thousands of each, may be worth buying from US suppliers. I remember having to go through so much money in samples and time in the end to find exactly what I wanted. So much cheap crap out there that looked great in pictures, but arrived and was unusable.

#55 8 years ago

Back on track....

Got bulbs?

Bottom pic is all the bulbs I pick up from the ground that are dropped every few weeks lol

20150727_114551.jpg20150727_114551.jpg

20150727_114615.jpg20150727_114615.jpg

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you,
    Non Ghosting Bulbs suffer a bit from Marketing.
    In the Average DMD game, one would expect 6 bulbs to Ghost. Sometimes 2-3, and I have seen as high as 8.
    Sometimes, its always an outlane in the same game, other times it varies. Some ghosting is seen only when a Jackpot, Extra Ball, and feature are lit at the same time.

Just a heads up on this. That probably isn't true "ghosting", that sounds like a lamp matrix issue. Demolition man is a ghosting game, for example, and all DM games will ghost, unless the rom is patched. This is one of the bad ones for ghosting though. If you are noticing things like you mentioned above go to the lamp row/column charts and find the pattern. A resistor could be shorted, touching diodes etc.

Other games, like say MM for example, do not ghost and shouldn't have any bulbs ghosting. Personally, I don't think you should expect any bulbs to ghost in a game unless the game is known to be a ghosting game. If it does, there is an entirely different problem.

All the games known to ghost can either get non-ghosting bulbs or patch the roms as well.

#88 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks James,
    I appreciate your wisdom and experience.
    I am going by emails of Pinsiders, where the same title, has different inserts that ghost, and do get solved, (I hope)
    with NG Bulbs.
    Am I understanding you correctly that this variance is caused by something other...resistor, short etc?
    Art

Not all "ghosting" is caused by that.

If a game is a known ghosting game then it will of course have inserts that ghost. However, if a game is not known to ghost and does not ghost for others, but someone says they are experiencing ghosting then their game has a lamp matrix issue most likely. Shorted transistor, diode touching etc. Easiest way to solve this is pull up lamp matrix and see all lamps ghosting and find the pattern. You can of course put in a non-ghosting bulb in those specific lamps, but many times that is like putting a bandaid on a large wound needing stitches, it'll come back to be a bigger problem later on frequently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-a-bulbaholicwho-else-wants-to-admit-it?tu=PinballBulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.