(Topic ID: 134153)

I'm in the Bulbaholic Anonymous Club...who else wants to admit it?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fire.jpg
    20150727_114615.jpg
    20150727_114551.jpg
    IMGA0969.jpg
    IMGA0965.jpg
    IMGA0960.jpg
    IMGA0966.jpg
    IMGA0958.jpg
    2015-07-26_18.23.07.jpg
    2015-07-08_16.55.18.jpg
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

worth switching to plain bulbs from the non-ghosting?

Considering the amount of time and money it takes to swap the bulbs out, I don't normally recommend it unless you're either not satisfied with the results or if you decide yourself that you want to do it. I did swap premium bulbs out of my RBION when I owned it, but I have a few in Metallica that are no problem.

BTW, you're close enough that if you'd like to see some games in person, you could drop by my place or come to one of our local pin parties.

Sorry for the thread hijack. My bulb collection is actually pretty meager compared to some of you other guys. It's probably most similar to DefaultGen's pic.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-a-bulbaholicwho-else-wants-to-admit-it#post-2586527

#102 8 years ago

No worries for thread hi-jack.....always good to hear from you on these........

Back on topic - I just spent another $50 w CT last night, deeming I "need" the over/under pop bumper led assemblies for my TZ and TAF.....my addicition continues!!!.....

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Back on topic - I just spent another $50 w CT last night, deeming I "need" the over/under pop bumper led assemblies for my TZ and TAF.....my addicition continues!!!.....

Those and Comets are great under Jewel caps....soooooo worth it, your gonna love them.

#104 8 years ago

Yes I am, I usually have a couple hundred spare incandescent in my tool box.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thanks for all the great info. My games all have non-ghosting LEDs in them. If I list some games, would you be able to tell me if they are games that would be worth switching to plain bulbs from the non-ghosting?

A no-ghost bulb with LED OCD is definitely still miles above a NG bulb alone. Comet only had no ghosting "bendy" bulbs in stock when I bought a bunch that I used in inserts, but still love LED OCD. I would see how you like it before you go replacing everything.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

BTW, you're close enough that if you'd like to see some games in person, you could drop by my place or come to one of our local pin parties.

Dude, that would be awesome! I appreciate the invite and will certainly take you up on that.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

I would see how you like it before you go replacing everything.

Good call, I think that will be the plan. Thanks!

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-a-bulbaholicwho-else-wants-to-admit-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.