11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tripin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tripin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Any ideas if the Ironmonger toy sticking might be from an alignment problem that could be fixed with an adjustment? I hear the motor running, but it initially stuck half way down. I nudged it a little from the top and it went down all the way, but it won't come up now.

This started after I discovered the lockdown bar wasn't latching. The release mechanism apparently isn't aligned perfectly with the notches on the bottom of the lockdown bar, so the yellow handle doesn't return all the way to the right when the lockdown bar is in place. The lockdown bar goes into place, it just doesn't get locked. I tried bumping the lockdown bar downward (not terribly hard) with the palm of my hand to see if it was just slightly not seating perfectly. Didn't fix the lockdown issue, and a little bump to the machine seems to have been too much for Ironmonger. Ugh.

#5 11 years ago

Thanks, no luck manipulating the handle while latching. I'd hate to have to expand the notches on the lockdown bar, but I guess that's an option if all else fails.

Why do these machines spite me? One hour before leaving to the hospital for hernia surgery, and I just wanted a relaxing game of pinball.

#6 11 years ago

Okay ironmonger wiring / alignment is a chocolate mess. Turned it on with the playfield up, tried the motor started spinning and winding wires all over. Yanked a connector apart while I was watching. If I don't fix it in the next 20 minutes I will have to sort this all out in a month after I can lift again. This is a bummer.

#7 11 years ago

Alright, wiring will require some more extensive repairs which I will have to tackle a later time. But that was the problem w/ ironmonger, the arm that raises and lowers the toy had snagged a harness and it snapped several wires under there. At least that should be straight forward to fix if nothing got fried with exposed wire. Thanks for the help folks.

I did curse that IM machine a week ago when it drained as I was on the brink of getting Do or Die. I guess this is how it gets payback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tripin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-2-problems-ironmonger-toy-is-getting-stuck-lockdown-bar-doesnt-latch?tu=Tripin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.