(Topic ID: 24108)

Illuminated Pinball Cards from Pinball Center (Germany) - Anyone Installed?

By jyeakley

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jasonbar
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181024_230913 (resized).jpg
    20181024_230909 (resized).jpg
    20181024_230853 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    D30_9277_78_79_80_81_fused.jpg
    IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

In the future I'll just add (non-intrusively) a couple of colored LED's under the apron. I always convert the GI to LED's so adding a couple more to the circuit won't be a problem. The only downside is a small bit of each corner of the card won't get illuminated. Other than that they should look almost as good.

Great idea.

What kind of paper in this instance?

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from terryb:

I presume you mean paper instead of the EL card? I don't think any would be needed.

Sorry, misunderstood (never saw the Dracula video/thread you referred to--thought you might be making your own cards using some sort of translucent paper or actually making your own EL cards).

If I now (finally) understand your plan correctly: it sounds like you've already got the cards from Germany, have deduced the circuit risk isn't worth it, and will simply run LEDs underneath each card.

Wonder how hard it is to make your own EL cards--or a close facsimile lit by LEDs?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illuminated-pinball-cards-from-pinball-center-germany-anyone-installed?tu=NM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.