Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3B04186F-8983-47AA-B0A6-335787216128 (resized).jpeg
    94331F4C-E32D-46F8-8FC4-3D0877BF0F15 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6333.JPG
    IMG_6321.JPG
    IMG_6367.JPG
    IMG_6278.JPG
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

We have eventually finished a load of Illuminated Flipper Bats with remote control.
    The Bats are equipted with RGB LEDs that can be control with the remote controll.

You can choose your color, red, blue, green, orange, violett and more.
    It is also possible to let the bats change colors frequently through the range of colors.

Contents:

2 Illuminated Bats
    2 x black rubber for the bats
    1 x CPU
    1 x receiver
    1 x remote control
    Power harness to be soldered to general illumination 6V AC
    1 harness to connect receiver to the CPU.

The colors are much colorful than on the pictures,
    I cant make decent pictures of the LED light.
    It is possible to connect 4 bats.

The bat set will cost 110 Euro for US only.
    If the remain in Europe EC it will be plus 19% VAT
    Shipping world wide with airmail 6,50 Euro

Our Homepages will be uploaded in February. buthamburg.de
    If you want to contact me, peter at buthamburg.de
    Have a nice day.
    Peter

IMG_6367.JPGIMG_6367.JPG IMG_6278.JPGIMG_6278.JPG IMG_6321.JPGIMG_6321.JPG IMG_6333.JPGIMG_6333.JPG
    #2 9 years ago

What games are these flippers for? Any application info? Thanks

#3 9 years ago

They fit for Bally Williams Data East and Stern using the normal size bats.

#4 9 years ago

What happens if you have to tighten the flipper pawl to keep it from shifting and it crushes the hollow shaft a little? How do you remove the bat without damaging something when this happens?

Steve

#5 9 years ago

Ouch that would be hard to adjust then and a big pita to remove.
    Priced way out of my league and I do not purchase outside US so I am out.

Looks similar to something else I have seen Lol

#6 9 years ago

Great idea.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Ouch that would be hard to adjust then and a big pita to remove.
    Priced way out of my league and I do not purchase outside US so I am out.
    Looks similar to something else I have seen Lol

Yeah, except the other people that did them never made them for sale, and they weren't color controllable. To which I can only say "to hell with them". IF they wanted to make them commercially available, they have been talked about for over THREE YEARS.. it's not like it's a complicated idea, aside from drilling the stupid channel through the shaft and the exit hole for the wires.

I have an issue with the price as well, but they're the only ones in the market with it. They will find out if they can get this price or not.

#8 9 years ago

I like the idea. The only concern I have is with the longevity of the flipper bats. I bought multiple sets of transparent flipper bats at last years TPF and within 6 months ever single one broke right were the rod is glued to the bat. Not sure whom manufactured those but hopefully these are stronger. If so, and they last, I think they'd look cool on games like Tron and ST. Would be cool if you could incorporate the color's into the mode of ST or the ramps on Tron.

P.S. - I can't get your website to show up. B&T directs me to perfectplayfields but it wont work. Is there a link or is that what you are saying will be updated in Feb? Couldn't tell if it was that the product would be added or if the website is what is being added.

#9 9 years ago

I liked the idea too, it was a great idea ..... five years ago.

Steve

#10 9 years ago

My Home Pages will be going online in Feb again.

The plastic is not glued onto the shaft, the shaft is inserted into the injection molding tool,
    then the plastic gets molded arround the shaft, such as the normal bats.
    We have sold a couple of sets last year, upto now there is no problem with bats cracking or
    shafts getting crushed.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Buthamburg:

The plastic is not glued onto the shaft, the shaft is inserted into the injection molding tool,
    We have sold a couple of sets last year, upto now there is no problem with bats cracking or
    shafts getting crushed.

Will you offer any warranty on it?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Buthamburg:

shafts getting crushed.

That's good to hear. Sounds like your manf process may be better than the ones I bought last year.

#13 9 years ago

Yes I can give a 6 months warranty

#14 9 years ago

Very cool!

#15 9 years ago

At expo in 2012 I seem to remember Rick at PPS showing these.. I never heard if he got to production, I wonder if Rick found any issues with them...

#16 9 years ago

Even **regular** flippers break all the time, so hopefully replacement bats will be available without having to buy the controller and remote again and again.

#17 9 years ago

Hm, that's only 4 bats, probably put into games that just had the assemblies rebuilt? So it's possible that nobody has tried to remove them yet. Honestly, how much testing of removal and tightening of the pawl on that hollow crushable shaft did you do before offering these for sale? Just sticking them in a game and playing it isn't testing the parts for all possible foreseeable problems. I'm glad to see these made but I'd think that a lot of extensive testing should've been done first. When I looked into doing this mod many years ago, my engineer said that the shaft would need to be thicker and some of the flipper assembly parts redesigned to accommodate it due to external stresses on the shaft. I didn't pursue it further because of the added expense.

Steve

Quoted from Buthamburg:

We have sold a couple of sets last year, upto now there is no problem with bats cracking or shafts getting crushed.

#18 9 years ago

No, Thoose bats on the expo were samples we made. It took some time to get them ready for production. A new tool had to be build with clips for the LED PCB and a gate to block the hole in the shaft so the plastic wont be injected into the shaft. Rick received a bunch of raw bats and is working
    on a version that will be incorparated into the games with color changes extra.

#19 9 years ago

Yes, the bats can be purchased separetly as replacement. We also have bats with longer wires
    for games with 3 bats like Getaway....

#20 9 years ago

I have them on TOM and HS2, both with no rebuilt assemblies. Testing time over in TOM 12 months

#21 9 years ago

Link to order or am I missing something?

#22 9 years ago

I like them - VERY COOL - I just can't quite seem to grasp the $132.00 total USD price tag. 25% cheaper would be more in line with what I'd be willing to pay.

#23 9 years ago

If you like to order them, just send me a mail to peter (at) buthamburg.de
    and we take it from there.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Buthamburg:

Yes, the bats can be purchased separetly as replacement. We also have bats with longer wires
    for games with 3 bats like Getaway....

Excellent.

How much are the replacement bats?

#25 9 years ago

Replacement bat is 30 Euro

#26 9 years ago

Awesome idea i was wondering when something like this would be available

#27 9 years ago

How can I orderna set please.

#28 9 years ago

How can I order a set ???

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Buthamburg:

They fit for Bally Williams Data East and Stern using the normal size bats.

Then should fit Sega correct?

#30 9 years ago

To order the Illuminated Bats just send an email to [email protected]
    Yes they fit into Sega Pins aswell.

#31 9 years ago

Thanks. Where are you tapping into power?

#32 9 years ago

The power supply is the 6 Volt AC Gerneral Illumination.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I liked the idea too, it was a great idea ..... five years ago.
    Steve

What you did there.....

I see it.

#34 9 years ago

so where are the LED's actually getting installed? Actually ON the flipper bat underneath, or just below the playfield? If it's being installed ON the flipper bat, what is that going to do to the wire over time. If it's installed to the playfield, does that require drilling an extra hole in the playfield for the LED to shine through?

#35 9 years ago

I believe they are molded in the flipper bat with wires running threw a hollow flipper shaft

#36 9 years ago

The LEDs are mounted on a PCB that fits into the bat. The wires are running through the hollow shaft.
    The wires are double protected with fiber isulation.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I just can't quite seem to grasp the $132.00 total USD price tag.

High-flex wire (good for 14 million flexes) is $5 a foot.

RGB LED remote control $2

Populated power distribution board $5

Connector cables $7

Clear flipper bat pairs are usually $10

Hollow steel shaft .30

Knurling operation for shafts .50

Black flipper rubber pair $1

RGB LED strip .50

-------

Then you have all your prototyping costs, jigging costs, "set up" costs from the plastic molder, labor costs, liability insurance if they cause a game and/or house to burn down.....

Finally add in your much needed profit on such a low volume item, and you can see how the price comes about.

#38 9 years ago

Someone get a picture of these bad boys on a TRON!

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

High-flex wire (good for 14 million flexes) is $5 a foot.
    RGB LED remote control $2
    Populated power distribution board $5
    Connector cables $7
    Clear flipper bat pairs are usually $10
    Hollow steel shaft .30
    Knurling operation for shafts .50
    Black flipper rubber pair $1
    RGB LED strip .50
    -------
    Then you have all your prototyping costs, jigging costs, "set up" costs from the plastic molder, labor costs, liability insurance if they cause a game and/or house to burn down.....
    Finally add in your much needed profit on such a low volume item, and you can see how the price comes about.

Good luck with liability insurance from an international seller.

#40 9 years ago

Price be damned, these are cool and I'm ordering a bunch.

#41 9 years ago

Keep in mind that the euro is weak against the dollar now (.89) so that 110 euro would be $97.9.

Of course if Greece leaves the Euro that could increase volatility.

-c

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

Keep in mind that the euro is weak against the dollar now (.89) so that 110 euro would be $97.9.
    Of course if Greece leaves the Euro that could increase volatility.
    -c

Three euro is low right now. But you have it backward. One euro equals $1.13.

So €110 equals $123.77. Plus the shipping!

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

That's low but if they could just get it below 100 euros.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Drat. You're right.

-c

#45 9 years ago

For the price I'd probably pass, but it's a neat concept. I'd like to see one of these in person.

1 year later
    #46 8 years ago

Hello to all.

We are now finally online. http://www.perfectplayfields.com/
    It was a battle, not the solution we wanted, but now we are online with a few parts.
    We will still need alot of hours to optimze all

Regards from Hamburg
    Peter

#47 8 years ago

I think it is great that they put in the effort and produced a commercial product that everybody would love to have. Not sure why there are so many negative comments. The price is high but maybe Peter can do a special introductory offer to get the ball rolling. I love them and would buy them if a special deal would be available. Well done Peter!

#48 8 years ago

Thank you.
    Yes the price is horrible, I agree. There is to much hand work involved to get the bats and remote controll made.
    It would be nice to get them made completly on an industry convayer method, but the quantities are just to low.
    The first production run is sold out and we are buisy doing the second run now. I would love to put the price down
    but it is just not possible.
    Regards from Hamburg
    Peter

#49 8 years ago

Pinball is an expensive hobby. These look really cool.

2 months later
    #50 7 years ago

Oh, just saw a video with them in a TRON, AWESOME!!!!!!!

Order info pm'd! Cant wait!

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illuminated-flipper-bats?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.