4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mancave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fireball left head.jpg
    Tron_Illulminated1.jpg

#1 4 years ago

(Pardon me if this has already been posted here, but I searched and didn't find anything on the topic)

Modders rejoice! There's a new company that has been working on bringing illuminated (EL) t-molding to market. The creator is an arcade fan, so there's been some postings on KLOV about it and the premiere kit will be for a Tron arcade. However, think of the possibilities for pinball back boxes! Read more at my link below:

http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2015/03/31/illuminated-t-molding/

Tron_Illulminated1.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I know the creator, this will be really cool on custom jobs. I will be ordering some once I get my multicade complete. I don't know how this will work on pinball backbox t-mold.

#3 4 years ago

looks great. who is going to be the first to redo the backbox on their Tron pinball?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I don't know how this will work on pinball backbox t-mold

If it's a traditional T-molding fit then no it wont work on any pinball backbox's that i know of, shame though, would look cool on some machines.

#5 4 years ago

I'd be almost tempted to put some on my Genesis.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

If it's a traditional T-molding fit then no it wont work on any pinball backbox's that i know of, shame though, would look cool on some machines.

Do they use a different size?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

However, think of the possibilities for pinball back boxes!

It'll be fantastic on classic arcade machines. Pinball backboxes, though, where you're going to have four seams butt up next to each other... not so sure.

#8 4 years ago

When someone get some and installs it involve back box I would love to see the pictures and costs associated. I guess also the way to power it will be interesting too

this looks too cool

I am sure one of the pin modded guys will jump on this, I see a lot of opportunity here

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Do they use a different size?

I could be thinking of something different here, but doesn't most T-moldings fit into a grooved slot? I've not seen a grooved slot on any pins before. If it's the type of T-molding that sticks on (basically like a fascia) then that's ok.

#10 4 years ago

ok thats cool looking

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

I could be thinking of something different here, but doesn't most T-moldings fit into a grooved slot? I've not seen a grooved slot on any pins before. If it's the type of T-molding that sticks on (basically like a fascia) then that's ok.

Gottliebs and Sterns use slotted t-molding. Williams didn't use t-molding but it would be easy enough to rout a channel.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It'll be fantastic on classic arcade machines. Pinball backboxes, though, where you're going to have four seams butt up next to each other... not so sure.

The newer Stern backboxes would work as they only have it on the sides. Could look cool on Star Trek.

#13 4 years ago

Pink on my playboy?

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Only pin I've ever replaced the T-molding on is my EATPM, but it was standard stuff.

#16 4 years ago

I will be adding Orange to my Pac-Man UR, if available

Thank you for sharing

#17 4 years ago

Damn.... another Tron pinball mod. Just when I thought we were out of the woods...

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Damn.... another Tron pinball mod. Just when I thought we were out of the woods...

I'd brace yourself for being disappointed, this may not work on Tron style backboxes since the T-Molding is cut into 4 pieces, and doesn't wrap around. May not be a way to route the power for it properly.

New style backboxes ala Star Trek would be different.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'd brace yourself for being disappointed, this may not work on Tron style backboxes since the T-Molding is cut into 4 pieces, and doesn't wrap around. May not be a way to route the power for it properly.

Good point - it would take some soldering and extra work, but I would bet something can work albeit not so much as a drop in mod I guess. Question is if it looks 'hacked' together or not...

The new style backboxes are begging for this mod tho.

Oh, and for the record, I'm always braced for disappointment

#20 4 years ago

I would suspect it would put a glare on the glass if used on a pinball machine.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

fireball left head.jpg
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I would suspect it would put a glare on the glass if used on a pinball machine.

Coming soon, "Bent Plastics for Illuminated T-molding."

#23 4 years ago

Wow! Not sure if I'd do this on pinball, but I might put it on my Donkey Kong Jr.!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Coming soon, "Bent Plastics for Illuminated T-molding."

haha, I doubt it would cause any more glare than the backbox itself already does.

#25 4 years ago

That looks pretty cool on that Tron!!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Gottliebs and Sterns use slotted t-molding. Williams didn't use t-molding but it would be easy enough to rout a channel.

Fair enough, that explains it then Only Stern i ever had was Wild Fyre, a LONG time ago and i couldn't recall that having T-moulding. My current line up is T-moulding deficient
    I must do more research

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I think Id replace the 4 chrome on my tron with two vertical black and two horizontal lit blue, I think that would be nice. anything beats the crappy silver.

#28 4 years ago

What about P2k cabs?

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow! Not sure if I'd do this on pinball, but I might put it on my Donkey Kong Jr.!

If it comes in 5/8. 3/4 is the standard for most games. Would look good on my eatpm or twd.

#30 4 years ago

wow

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

What about P2k cabs?

Games that suffers from overhead lighting already...

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

What about P2k cabs

Bloody hell, completely forgot about that one !!! Must have been a harder night on the bourbon than i thought

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 150.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside