• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Brewchap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

467px-GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I just got done removing a hack and re-pinning J115 correctly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-i-repair-this-or-leave-it-alone#post-5923054
And I went to test it before I messed with some other pins and connectors that I was going to repair.

My problem is that the Illum. string 1 is not working. It gets it's power from J115 and then sends that power to J121 to a White/Brown and Brown wire, if I understand that correctly. I check J121, and I got power going to the W/B wire. So I guess that should mean that I got a break in the wire going to the playfield somewhere.

Question now is, have I missed anything,and am I working in the right direction.

#3 3 years ago

Yes I have power leaving J120/J121 at 6.8vAC, But I think that I found something on Pinwiki going from pin 8 of J115 to Q18 as shown on this chart. It's not toning out.
467px-GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg467px-GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Yes, pin 8 was the problem. It did not have a path to Q18. I when ahead an pulled the pins connectors and found that the through hole was bad, so I stitched it. That diagram that I found on PinWiki pointed the way to the problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illum-string-1-not-working-after-repair?tu=Brewchap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.