Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Don't agree at all. We as customers wanted the option to buy different versions of the same pin. I remember discussion threads on this very topic. Many people chimed in and said they would love the choice of spending more money and buying a feature rich pin. Especially when we read an interview with one of the designers and they mentioned what toys they had to remove due to cost. People said...I would be willing to pay extra cash for that toy or I wish they would offer us the option to buy that instead of just removing it.

Now as customers you are getting a choice. Stern is finally catering to the home collector and giving you the option. How can you complain about this? If you don't want to spend the money that is your choice. Can't please everyone all of the time I guess.

#11 11 years ago

I agree that pins have gone up in price. The fact is that in order to survive Stern had to change their business model. This is the result...I would guess that if this current model hadn't worked they would be long gone. I think having a choice is better then having none.

As far as JJP goes I wish him nothing but success. If it's a fun pin I'll probably buy one. If it sucks I won't. Either way it's a great choice to have. Although I have my reservations about the long term viability of a company that depends on customer deposits for working capital. Also....As far as I know it's not even released to the mass market yet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ill-never-go-pro?tu=tomn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.