Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

If they could get pro models down to 4k, I would be super happy.

They pretty much are, aren't they? Thru the "good sellers", not MSRP.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

He said it to me shortly after I joined Pinside, so I feel inclined to comment. Again, I think it's a lame and arrogant thing to say. What strikes me as interesting, however, is that to my knowledge, Markmon has never participated in one of the "what do you do for a living threads". Point of fact, the only reason I even read through 2 different ones a few months back was to see what he did for a living. I wanted to know what someone who bought 33 pins in 2 years, plus over $100k in mods (powder, LEDs, PDI glass) and felt it necessary to negatively comment on how other people "couldn't" spend their money...did for a living. Still want to know actually.

Meth.

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

..what specifically are the differences with the Avengers pro and le editions? is $3500 a great price for a like new, perfectly working, avenger pro or could i find one pretty easily for that ? how much more should i expect to pay for an LE? new here, so go easy! seems like there are some very sensitive issues for a pinball forum! lol....

Someone's selling a Pro for $3500 already? I'd say that's a great price. A NIB Pro is ~$4500 and a NIB LE is ~$6500

Differences:
    -Ramp piece lifts off (Hulk destroys bridge)
    -Hawkeye Crossramp
    -3 color GI Zones for color changing playfield FX, all LED GI
    -6 Ball vs. 4 Ball
    -Extra controlled gate so Cap shot can go to pops or orbit back to flippers. It only goes to pops on the Pro
    -THOR Drop Targets vs. Standup targets
    -Loki Multiball sign is mounted differently for some reason (blocking view the Nick Fury target)
    -All LED inserts
    -Real Mirrored Backglass vs. Translite
    -Green DMD (Hulk LE only)
    -Unique cab art to each LE
    -Numbered plaque attached
    -Custom colored metal trim
    -Metal apron w/ backlit art
    -Old style service rails & lockbar vs. pegs 'n latch
    -Shaker installed at factory.

I think that's everything...mighta missed something

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Technicality, but didn't the 6ball get removed in latest code update?
    Also, $3,500 for NIB quality Avengers is sollllid!

I dunno, I don't own it lol...but you can still put 6 balls in the trough in the LE vs. 4 in the Pro, right? Maybe they're saving the big 6-ball Multi for a Wizard Mode like Tommy does?

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Not picking on you , but I still don't get why people say this. IM has 2 ramps, 3 spinners, 2 magnets, 1 kicker, motorized monger bash toy, 3 pops and a ton of stationary targets. Maybe the reason IM is such a great game is that they stopped there.

As time went on, people realized IM's gameplay is really great and fun! However if you just look at it, it's relatively static. The toys are off the shelf Hasbro. No scoops, saucers, VUKs...nothing "innovative" or "different" like we had seen on previous Stern games such as FGY (mini-pinball), WOF (wheel, inline drops revealing a ramp, interesting flipper area), BDK (crane bash toy), CSI (unique layout, skull lock). It was also a reworked Austin Powers playfield. The rules are very very simplistic. So, from a development and BOM standpoint, it's "cheap" ...but fun is fun, so if you're having fun, who cares? The "fun theory" eventually made Ironman a desirable game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ill-never-go-pro?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.